Ex UFC fighter Rory Mac wants in on SF HW Grand Prix

Rory can show up 206lbs with his shoes and clothes on. He could probably beat most of the people in the fucking tournament too. I definitely favor him vs Big Country, Mir, Fedor and Chael at this point and I think Rory vs Mo could be interesting. Rory vs Mitrione seems a little weird though not going to lie.

True but means some guys after weigh ins could have 60-70 pounds on him on fight night.

True but means some guys after weigh ins could have 60-70 pounds on him on fight night.

Yeah, for sure. But I have a belief the bigger you get, the less size matters. It's why you see guys like Fedor and Igor at Heavyweight in MMA and similar sized boxers that could realistically fight 175-190 have success at Heavyweight at a championship level. The only thing people remember from Brock vs Couture was Brock knocking Randy out, but Randy was winning that fight the entire time before he got clipped and handling Brock in the clinch. Look at a guy like Cormier, he could have spent his entire career and wrestling career in the 180s competing. But the flip side is, I don't think Mighty Mouse could go fight Lightweights, I don't think Lightweights could go fight Middleweights but...I do think Middleweights can fight Heavyweights.

Yeah, for sure. But I have a belief the bigger you get, the less size matters. It's why you see guys like Fedor and Igor at Heavyweight in MMA and similar sized boxers that could realistically fight 175-190 have success at Heavyweight at a championship level. The only thing people remember from Brock vs Couture was Brock knocking Randy out, but Randy was winning that fight the entire time before he got clipped and handling Brock in the clinch. Look at a guy like Cormier, he could have spent his entire career and wrestling career in the 180s competing. But the flip side is, I don't think Mighty Mouse could go fight Lightweights, I don't think Lightweights could go fight Middleweights but...I do think Middleweights can fight Heavyweights.

I get your point, but comparing Rory to guys like Randy (and what Randy could do against a bigger HW)

I mean Rory could have won UFC 1 etc, but just think he'd get crushed in any HW or Open-weight tournament now

I get your point, but comparing Rory to guys like Randy (and what Randy could do against a bigger HW)

I mean Rory could have won UFC 1 etc, but just think he'd get crushed in any HW or Open-weight tournament now

I'd agree if the Heavyweights were any good. I know Rory is hyped as a huge WW, but I just always Sall him as a framey guy with little to no muscle mass..he's not big for WW, he's ideal. If it was Pavlovitch, Cain, NGannou, Minakov etc Rory would get fucking ruined...but he'd also not elect himself to fight in that kind of open weight tournament. These are 40 year old men that are out of shape and need to retire...Roy Nelson, Mir, Fedor, Mitrione, Mo, Rampage etc. Rory could beat them, he could lose to...but if i was Rory's coach Id feel confident we have a good chance to run through that lineup.

I'd agree if the Heavyweights were any good. I know Rory is hyped as a huge WW, but I just always Sall him as a framey guy with little to no muscle mass..he's not big for WW, he's ideal. If it was Pavlovitch, Cain, NGannou, Minakov etc Rory would get fucking ruined...but he'd also not elect himself to fight in that kind of open weight tournament. These are 40 year old men that are out of shape and need to retire...Roy Nelson, Mir, Fedor, Mitrione, Mo, Rampage etc. Rory could beat them, he could lose to...but if i was Rory's coach Id feel confident we have a good chance to run through that lineup.

one thing is for sure, i'd definitely watch :) would make things more interesting.

Maybe now is the time that people finally realize that size does not matter.

(looksaroundnervously)

The crazy thing is Rory would come forward to against these larger men too.

Not only looks like a serial killer, but also acts like one.

Back