Media Ex UFC Fighter Corey Anderson Claims Pay "Wasn't enough to pay the bills"

I'm talking hands on experience in my own fields as well as knowing directly from my close friends and seeing the median averages in not just my state but nearly all states outside of radically out of touch cost of living areas. Both anecdotal and empirical evidence align with what I've said.

You have been pants-on-hand, demonstrably wrong with every single salary you quoted. I honestly don't know if you're stupid or a liar.

It's so wildly apparent you don't live in the real world. Absolutely no socialization skills. A seriously lacking father figure or absent. Typically I'd suggest venturing outside of your four walls but in your case I don't think you'd have teeth very long. Stay inside your safe space and take yourself a little less seriously. You don't have the merit for the ego you're projecting.

Yeah this doesn't sound like you're a fedora wearing incel.

Yikes.

I'm assuming if he is making 500,000k over 5 years after taxes that at least $100,000 of that would go towards expenses (training, physiotherapy, massage, travel, special food, nutritionists, insurance etc.).

So he's left with maybe $80,000/year as a top 10 guy in a sport where you usually only have about 5-8 years to make money and may end up physically disabled.

That's not a great deal. Ask Rogan if he'd get brain damaged for $80k/year and "exposure."

After looking up what Corey Anderson made for his fights I found something interesting. Shortly after Arlovski came back to the UFC he started getting 250k to show and now gets close to 350k (no wonder he's still fighting). Now while that sounds great.. In Affliction he got 750k for fighting Rothwell and 1.5 million for fighting Fedor.

So 2 things going on here, 1 UFC pay is shit and 2 Corey has a bad manager if he was only getting 80k to show after that many fights.

So 2 things going on here, 1 UFC pay is shit and 2 Corey has a bad manager if he was only getting 80k to show after that many fights.
I'm confused, are you guys under the impression that Corey's contract was an anomaly or something? Many fighters today are on similar pay to that, yes - even the top contenders.

I'm assuming if he is making 500,000k over 5 years after taxes that at least $100,000 of that would go towards expenses (training, physiotherapy, massage, travel, special food, nutritionists, insurance etc.).

So he's left with maybe $80,000/year as a top 10 guy in a sport where you usually only have about 5-8 years to make money and may end up physically disabled.

That's not a great deal. Ask Rogan if he'd get brain damaged for $80k/year and "exposure."

Rogan isn't that stupid. As an adult, albeit a short one, he makes adult decisions.

Hogan wouldn't even commentate for that much, regardless of the "exposure".

MMA's tougher training wise than all combat sports because you have to be well rounded. It makes no sense to me why fans still justify the small cut of the revenue that fighters get.

You understand more if you've actually trained.

He worded it wrong, because I will not feel sorry for someone who tells me you can't pay bills while making a million dollars over a few years. Now had he said he should get more of the pie, or UFC fighters are under paid sure, but don't say you are barely scraping by when you are not.

I agree he should have made more, but don't come at people like you are living in poverty and expect me to feel bad for you when you made over a million.
Given that, he was making sub $200k a year. That’s not a lot.

sounds like he should have got his manager to negotiate a better deal........................................................shame he's shit
Disagree. He has beaten a lot of super tough dudes, is ranked in the top 10 and was on his way to beating Nemkov in their first fight who is ranked #1 LHW on Sherdog. Also not that easy “just negotiate a better deal” especially when you’re on the come up and trying to make a name for yourself.

The only areas you're going to find ridiculous wages are CA and NY but they'll be negated by their cost of living.

An aeronautical engineer averages 80k (before tax).
My software engineer friends are making $70-80k (before tax).
A pediatrician will average 120k if we're excluding CA and NY. After taxes that's the same as Corey Anderson.
The highest paying engineer is a chemical engineer and that's around $130k. After taxes that comes up roughly the same as Corey Anderson.
A chemist averages around 65k (before tax).

Not sure why you're so hostile and angry. Your poor socialization makes me think you don't get away from the screen often. I have three degrees myself having majored in engineering and physics. I also have many friends who are engineers, doctors or entrepreneurs. They are not pulling in multi 6 figures.
LOL I make almost $60k gross and half of my income isn’t even taxed in the military. I honestly wouldn’t settle for less than $75k post tax in the real world.

As you can see Corey only focuses on what he earns because he is not some little bitch. He is not crying about some random fighter earning 12k.
What's pathethic is grown men acting like a 13 years old fangirls and crying about how much other men earn.
I'm watching this sport, i don't worship fighters. Just like how i don't care about the amazon workers when i order something from there, i don't give a fuck about fighter pay when i watch the UFC. To me fighters or any celebrities are no different than average workers and they are not some special human beings i have to worship. My advice to fangirls is, take a break sometimes. Your tongues are doing too much ass cleaning
crying like a little bitch

about other people crying

embarrassing post

There's many guys in the poorest soccer leagues in Europe like Bulgaria, Romania, Slovakia, etc. that make a lot more than this. Not to mention cost of living is like 1/10 there.

There's also fringe euro sports like handball (something that most of the world has no idea is even a sport) where players make significantly more if they're at a top team.

And none of those involve getting your head bashed in.

When you get to this type of level you have to pay people wtf do you think hes doing meal prepping at home and sleeping in the gym if he goes to thailand to train whos he watchig tape with top ranked guy in the world you think hes living in a old bungalow by himself driving a 2002 honda civic really lol

Back