Media Ex UFC Fighter Corey Anderson Claims Pay "Wasn't enough to pay the bills"

TGArthur

Square up with yo'self motherf*cker
@Steel
Reaction score

UFC color commentator Joe Rogan recently gave his view on the options available for fighters away from the Octagon, and one of the promotion's former contenders has chimed in.

The UFC has long been regarded as the premier destination for mixed martial artists, but recent years have seen plenty of high-profile names turn to different banners.

Whether it's Demetrious Johnson pursuing further success on the other side of the world or the likes of Shane Burgos favoring financial opportunities in the rising PFL, choices haven't appeared to be as cut and dry as they're often thought to be.

For Rogan, though, the UFC remains the place to be. During a recent episode of his podcast, the longtime analyst went as far as to suggest that fighters competing in promotions like the PFL, Bellator, and ONE Championship are "wasting their careers" because of limited viewership.

His analogy branding UFC the NFL and other organizations the XFL was quickly disputed, and one man who has found success since departing the MMA leader has explained the error in Rogan's viewpoint.

Anderson Responds To Rogan: 'Fame Doesn't Pay Bills!'​

In mid-2020, Corey Anderson was coming off a main event under the UFC banner and was ranked #4 in the light heavyweight division. In six years competing on the sport's biggest stage, "Overtime" defeated the likes of Jan Błachowicz, Patrick Cummins, Glover Teixeira, and Johnny Walker.

But despite his notable wins and place inside the divisional top five, Anderson was still not in a comfortable financial position. That's something he laid out to Rogan in a recent Instagram post.

giphy.gif

As you can see Corey only focuses on what he earns because he is not some little bitch. He is not crying about some random fighter earning 12k.
What's pathethic is grown men acting like a 13 years old fangirls and crying about how much other men earn.
I'm watching this sport, i don't worship fighters. Just like how i don't care about the amazon workers when i order something from there, i don't give a fuck about fighter pay when i watch the UFC. To me fighters or any celebrities are no different than average workers and they are not some special human beings i have to worship. My advice to fangirls is, take a break sometimes. Your tongues are doing too much ass cleaning

He made close to one million dollars in the ufc over the course of 5 years, even if you do cut that in half after taxes corner fees etc that's still more than plenty sounds like he's just bad with money. It seems like he caught a break with Bellator though and is currently being overpaid who the heck even remembers this guy.

As you can see Corey only focuses on what he earns because he is not some little bitch. He is not crying about some random fighter earning 12k.
What's pathethic is grown men acting like a 13 years old fangirls and crying about how much other men earn.
I'm watching this sport, i don't worship fighters. Just like how i don't care about the amazon workers when i order something from there, i don't give a fuck about fighter pay when i watch the UFC. To me fighters or any celebrities are no different than average workers and they are not some special human beings i have to worship. My advice to fangirls is, take a break sometimes. Your tongues are doing too much ass cleaning
You're crying about people crying..

Corey Anderson has always been one of the most likeable dudes in the division in my opinion; never agreed with the hate he gets. He has had a very good career with huge wins and is deserving of some good paydays. Everything he said here is very fair in my opinion.

He made close to one million dollars in the ufc over the course of 5 years, even if you do cut that in half after taxes corner fees etc that's still more than plenty sounds like he's just bad with money. It seems like he caught a break with Bellator though and is currently being overpaid who the heck even remembers this guy.
Typical UFC shill dipshit logic.

How much of that million over 5 years do you honestly think he kept?

What were his bills where $560,000 in 2 years for his last 4 fights wasn't enough to make ends meet?

It looks like his contract in both orgs was a base with a match for winning, and he won his first 3 bellator fights and then signed another contract for the Nemkov fight for a flat $250k and no win bonus, while Nemkov was the champ and was only on 80/80.

Typical UFC shill dipshit logic.

How much of that million over 5 years do you honestly think he kept?

He worded it wrong, because I will not feel sorry for someone who tells me you can't pay bills while making a million dollars over a few years. Now had he said he should get more of the pie, or UFC fighters are under paid sure, but don't say you are barely scraping by when you are not.

I agree he should have made more, but don't come at people like you are living in poverty and expect me to feel bad for you when you made over a million.

500k over the course of 5 years as a top 10 fighter? I don't know where he lived but that's barely more than my salary was at Amazon as a floor manager in a warehouse. Could you imagine being a contender in the number 1 promotion in the world and you just qualify for the average in America?

Back