W4D5:

Deadlift:
545x8

SLDL:
365x5x4

Hamstring Curls:
35x10x2

Notes:
Well, things continue to feel surprisingly easy. Not much else to say.

W5D1:

Squat:

515x5x4

Leg Press (/leg):
140x10x3

Leg Extension (/leg):
40x12x2

Cable Rear Delts:
lots

Notes:
Another really easy squat day. Reps left in the tank on each set. Pretty happy, considering I got a terrible sleep last night.

Last edited:
Fuck yeah! How'd I miss this?
Nice. Glad to see you loggin' homie!

Thanks, brah!

Pretty boring shit, but, then again, there's not really anything fancy about this powerlifting stuff lol.

Just looking forward to getting to meet day.

Excellent!
I've been trying to remain consistent. Baby coming in a few months so we've been doing a lot of shit to the house in preparation. I've settled into a good program that allows for this kind of lifestyle. I've made more gains in the last 24 weeks than I have over the past 2 years. Programming helps, but mostly its just trying to not be a pussy about training.

I've been following yours and Kyle's advice about beginners and worrying about weight from a cutting, not cutting perspective. Gaining weight has always been a mental barrier for me. As an old man, the weight doesn't seem to want to distribute favorably, so I've added a lot of extra "bro work" and have found this helps a ton.

Last edited:
W5D3:

Bench Press:
340x5

CGBP:
290x5x2

Lat Pulldowns:
lots

Face Pulls:
lots

Notes:
My left arm asploded. Ouchie. I think I strained something in my shoulder/forearm squatting. Oh well, no use worrying about it. I'll do my best to rest it and keep killing my squats an DLs.

W5D5:

Deadlift:
560x5x2

SLDL:
405x8x2

Notes: Bumped my DL training max up one notch. Sets of 5 were pretty comfortable. Had to leave the gym early to meet my Mom. My left arm is feeling a lot better.

Thanks, brah.

Aside from bench, everything is chugging along as planned.

There's always one of the three that refuses to behave. Right now it's my deadlift. Nice work in here mang.

Thanks, brah. It's always been my fucking bench. Taking some steps to hopefully improve my elbow health moving forward.

My left side is so bad, for example, that it really painfully flared up the other day just changing the windshield wiper on my car. Wtf lol.

Might be worth giving compression cuffs a try. They helped me work through biceps tendinitis on squats until I sorted out my bar position and shoulder mobility. Still flares up occasional but it's manageable.

Word, man. They're definitely on my list of lifting related purchases. I'm still looking for employment since exams ended, so I'm having to be financially responsible.

W6D1:

Squat:
535x5x2 (20lb PR)

Leg Press (/leg):
160x10x3

DB Hammer Preacher Curls:
25x10
30x10x3

Notes:
Squats were still tough, but easier than I expected. I could have done more sets, but I move to triples next week and was satisfied with the speed and comfort of the two sets I did.

tumblr_m4kslrjtsG1rrepv8o1_400.gif

Brute set.

Lookin ooge brah
Thanks, brah. Weighing about 250.

I'm not really worried about my squat or DL weights until the very last week of prep. Those ones will be truly breaking new ground, but that's part of the fun.

W6D5:

Deadlift:
580x5x2

SLDL:
425x5x4

DB Row:
100x10x2

External Rotations:
a few light sets

Notes: Pretty good DL day. Technique could have been a bit tighter.

W6D6:

Bench Press:
315x5
345x4
365x3
385x1

Slingshot CGBP:
405x5
365x8

EZ Curls:
95x10x3

DB Row:
95x10x3

Notes: First time in so fucking long my elbows haven't hurt at all while bench. Not even a little bit. Thanks, Brett Gibbs.

You strong motherfucker! Let me touch your pecs!

Back