Everyday I'm Rustlin'

Very impressive Jim, the deadlifts always take a hit after a weight cut and long day. You'll get it next time for sure. Everything else was looking great.

Thanks a lot, OT.

I'll be focusing on the total, not the weight cut next time. That's for sure.

Hell of a performance there, Cratos. You'll get over 1800 for sure come October.

Anyone approach you for sponsorship or anything? You've clearly got something special.

Hell of a performance there, Cratos. You'll get over 1800 for sure come October.

Thanks, TH. That's the plan. I might be able to bump my squat up 5kg by then. Definitely bump my bench up at least 5kg. Might finally get 200kg.

Anyone approach you for sponsorship or anything? You've clearly got something special.

I'm really not sure if you're serious or not lol. If you are...God no, man. I'm a 242 who competes untested and have a best total of 1741. I'm internet forum strong, but I'd need another 75-100kg on my total to be real life, 242 powerlifter strong.

Bit slow with this Jim but great lifts at the meet dude

Oh ok. Actually wasn't joking. To quote a great Canadian icon... Never say never.

Most excellent work dude. Looked like more of a groove than strength thing on the squat. Way more there soon fo sho.

Fun fact I've always said Lay-Land in my head. Now I know.

Also, also, you'd be amazed at how easily you can pick up cheap sponsorships through Instagram if you put training there regularly. I know a junior 84 who is nothing special and he's got two. I don't think he pays for supps. Like the GNC kind obviously. But hey free is free.

Great work, again, you big teddy bear

Seems like you had a really solid meat Jim sans the deadlift. Squat looked like you were good for at least 20 lbs more. Going 9/9 and hitting prs in every lift is pretty tough especially at an elite level. I think it's pretty smart to not cut weight for your next meet. I know a lot of people get really good at cutting and recomping, but I also see a ton of lifters cut huge amounts of weight and have really shitty meets.

Maybe a little late but good job on the meet Jim!

Most excellent work dude. Looked like more of a groove than strength thing on the squat. Way more there soon fo sho.

Fun fact I've always said Lay-Land in my head. Now I know.

Also, also, you'd be amazed at how easily you can pick up cheap sponsorships through Instagram if you put training there regularly. I know a junior 84 who is nothing special and he's got two. I don't think he pays for supps. Like the GNC kind obviously. But hey free is free.

Great work, again, you big teddy bear

Thanks, Dan. Yeah, that 672 kind of bossed me around in the bottom and threw me off. I think I'll be adding paused squats back in. Assuming I compete in October, 310 will be the goal.

Definitely don't ever say my name like that lol.

I guess free supps would be cool. Right now, I only use protein powder from Costco. And only 1 scoop per day.

Seems like you had a really solid meat Jim sans the deadlift. Squat looked like you were good for at least 20 lbs more. Going 9/9 and hitting prs in every lift is pretty tough especially at an elite level. I think it's pretty smart to not cut weight for your next meet. I know a lot of people get really good at cutting and recomping, but I also see a ton of lifters cut huge amounts of weight and have really shitty meets.
Thanks, Drew.

Hmmm, hard to remember exactly how it felt now, but 20 might be pushing it. I think 2.5kg more still would have been okay. Then I would have been able to say I squat 7 plates lol.

I'm definitely going to revisit the cutting. I mean, I did it terribly and 2/3 of the meet still went perfectly fine. Definitely not for October, though. Strength goals are just so much more important and fun to me.

Maybe a little late but good job on the meet Jim!

Thanks, KA. Appreciate it!

Good point on the sponsorships from Insta. I just saw a buddy of mine who isn't anything to sniff at (aesthetics wise) get sniffed at by a clothing sponsorship. But its more of an online presence thing than a how much you lift and what you look like thing. Not sure if Jimmeh's priority is his online presence. That seems like a lot of work to me. But I'm sure something will come up. Its only a matter of time.

Great meet. and looking forward to the October journey. Then Lift for Kids the following August, right?

W10D1:

Squat:
625x2x2 (15lb PR x 2)

Hammer Curls:
30x12x2
35x10x2
30x10x2

Notes: Wow...Squats get a lot easier when I don't scrape my sack off the floor. It felt like I was half-squatting these. Had a rep left in the tank on each set. Really great last squat session before the meet.

Late to the party but that's pretty impressive with no wraps (or with them as well for that matter)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kilgorevontrouty
Back