Everyday I'm Rustlin'

Lol I wish I could say "thanks" and be happy, but that's still almost 20lbs off my second attempt from last June.

Baby steps.

You'll get it back, you are a stud. You're gonna be benching 500 pounds one day.

Lol thanks for pumping my tires, brah. I'm sure it'll happen someday.

34gUbZD.gif

What's holding the bench back? Tendinitis?

What did Brett Gibbs do?
He was in my gym on Thursday. Ended up giving him some bench hand offs and shooting the shit with him for quite a while. Noticed he set the bar differently in his hands than I do. Asked him about it. He said it helped keep his elbows from getting beat up. I tried it on Saturday and it had an immediate impact on my elbow pain. Hopefully, it wasn't just a fluke.
What's holding the bench back? Tendinitis?

Big time, brah.

W7D1:

Squat:
575x3x2

Leg Press (/leg):
180x10x2

External Rotations:
15x12x3

Cable Rear Delts:
lots

Notes: Squats were hard. Really hard. This is 30lbs below my best triple, and there are a bunch of excuses/reasons for my poor performance I could type out, but I just need to be better.

W7D3:

Bench Press:
360x3x3
320x9

CGBP:
305x5x3

DB BORs:
110x10x2
100x10,12

Lat Pulldowns:
some light, strict sets

Notes: Finally. A solid, pain free heavy bench day. Just going to try and pull it together the best I can before the meet.

W7D5:

Deadlift:
605x3x2

Notes:
Fast as fuck, but I strained something in my left lat/upper back. Hurts pretty badly just to breathe lol, but it should be relatively good to go by tomorrow. Obviously called it a day.

W8D1:

Squat:
590x3x2

Leg Press (/leg):
180x8
200x8x2

DB Hammer Curls:
30x12-15x3

Notes: Better than last week. Didn't do any upper back stuff, as it's still a bit noticeably painful.

W8D3:

Bench Press:
375x3x2
335x7

CGBP:
320x5,6

Lat Pulldowns:
lots, light and strict.

Notes:
The reps moved slow, but consistently. Like, the first rep felt pretty hard, but I still did two more kind of thing.

W8D5:

Deadlift:
625x3

SLDL:
315x10x2

Notes: Super easy day. Had at least one, maybe two reps left in the tank. PR is 645x3, for reference.

W9D1:

Squat:
610x2 (5lb any rep PR)

Leg Press (/leg):
180x10x2

Hammer Curls:
30x12-15x2
35x10x2

Rear Delts:
light sets of 15-20

Notes:
Squats moved okay, but I have a vicious cold. I haven't been sleeping or eating well and my sinuses were so bad, it felt like my face was going to explode while I was under the bar.

W9D3:

Bench Press:
385x2x3
345x7

CGBP:
330x7,5

DB Flys:
35x10x2

Face Pulls:
lots

Notes: Awesome bench day. The 385 doubles were super easy, even with me being sick and feeling pretty shitty.

Nice going on the squat PR. Almost slipped that one by us, Jimmeh!

Thanks, brah.

W9D5:

Deadlift:
655x2 (10lb any rep PR)

SLDL:
315x10x2

Notes: Shoulders/upper body was pretty tight, but my deadlifts moved really well.

Thanks, brah. Just trying to keep the train rolling.

Have you changed your belt recently Jim? Gone from a lever to a prong? Or do you use both? I seem to remember you having an Inzer (Forever was it?).

I'm considering getting a second belt to keep at work for when I move onto permanent days as I don't want to be lugging my other one back and forth between my home gym and work gym. Will likely get an Inzer prong.

Back