Eric Brown

===

Thank you all for your support - I hope I bring some light into a matter of safety. Someone here mentioned a relative that works hunting this type of criminal. So:

1. I was going (and actually did) to marry Eric Midkiff: I bought into the explanation that he had both names. Some American friends explained to me this is possible (especially for women, but for guys too).

2. He was disappointed when the Court official said he couldn't change his name "back" to "Eric Brown" (supposedly his birth certificate name) with our marriage. They explained name changes do not happen automatically in Florida - you have to go to the Social Security Service. Now I understand that marrying me was a step towards another layer of identity, possibly to evade warrants. We have no idea how many warrants there are for him all over the country and under which identities. I have no idea how many SSN he has.

3. Yes, it is pretty confusing. In 72h all our immediate circle realized we had been interacting with a fictional character. I had married one. That's very confusing... And there is no time to handle that and to get any type of closure because, well, there's life. And life is upside down, there are so many things to be done.

It is still confusing. I now am half-way or almost done with the requirements of a LEGAL permanent resident in the USA, but the work permit arrived about a month ago. Until then, even my students were on the other side of the planet. I teach online (I had no idea if we would be able to still be competitive in the coaching/continued education market with the head coach stranded in another country). I write... I consult...

Eric whoever-he-is didn't have a house or vehicle. As far as I know, ever. The car I thought he owned when me met (yes, we MET in February 2015) was a rental car. He said it was hard to rent a new house on the Treasure Coast, so we were still staying in hotels. For about 10 days we had a house he told me he had paid 6 months in advance (rental). Then we had to leave in a matter of hours because "some really dangerous people were after him".

It is. It is confusing. Those of you who know me from my EliteFTS writing, website or whatever, or training and competition videos don't realize what this sort of stuff can do to a person's professional and athletic life. I'm starting to train again now...

I clicked "lke" in the comment that suggested I was another of Eric's alias. You have no idea, but he did use real people's pictures and names as aliases. Who knows? He could have done that with mine. I don't believe it, though: I have friends here and in other digital environments who personally know me and the way I write. They would let me know.

That's a crazy story you have for sure. Be thankful that you found out sooner than later, and I'm sure that you will continue to have an excellent career!

Crazy thread. This POS PM'd me about something related to his website a few years back, and it's clear now he was trying to set me up.

Last edited:
Crazy thread. This POS PM'd me about something related to his website a few years back, and it's clear now he was trying to set me up. Now he's back posting from prison acting like a jilted ex-lover. You can't make this stuff up.
Scoopj, there's a blast from the past. How you been?

Scoopj, there's a blast from the past. How you been?
In general terms or S&C? :) Barely picked up a barbell the last few years, but just started training my daughter in the main lifts a week ago, so there's hope yet!

How have you been? I hope well.

In general terms or S&C? :) Barely picked up a barbell the last few years, but just started training my daughter in the main lifts a week ago, so there's hope yet!

How have you been? I hope well.
General terms mate, that's good about your daughter, how old is she? All is very well with me thanks.

General terms mate, that's good about your daughter, how old is she? All is very well with me thanks.
Glad to hear that. She'll be 14 in two months. Things are great. Bought a new home over the summer and we're very happy about it. Kids are busy with school and soccer (that's football to you).

What's new with you? Job? Training?

Glad to hear that. She'll be 14 in two months. Things are great. Bought a new home over the summer and we're very happy about it. Kids are busy with school and soccer (that's football to you).

What's new with you? Job? Training?

Nah. It's soccer. Act like a goddamned American, Scoop.

I mean we did just generously give them 4 more nfl games or however many.
We're too good to them really. Of course they've given us Led Zeppelin and JauntyAngle, so I'm willing to call it even.

We're too good to them really. Of course they've given us Led Zeppelin and JauntyAngle, so I'm willing to call it even.

You'd all be speaking Spanish or French without us. Think about it!

Not surprising, the S&C subforum consits of a bunch of shitbags. Easily the worst subforum on all sherdog ...it should to be shut down.

Care to explain why?

A bunch of fake guys around here who claim to be this and that and to know this and that. That's the vibe I was getting anyway. This thread basically serves to cover up the obvious.

A bunch of fake guys around here who claim to be this and that and to know this and that. That's the vibe I was getting anyway. This thread basically serves to cover up the obvious.
Pretty vague accusations there. You mad about something bro?

?
Are you saying you don't believe that people can deadlift over 405 or bench over 315 while weighing less than 200lbs?

As an American, I want more before I'm satisfied.

Not surprising, the S&C subforum consits of a bunch of shitbags. Easily the worst subforum on all sherdog ...it should to be shut down.

Shut up, Eric.

You've apparently never been to the war room, mayberry, UFC discussion or tech support sub forums.

Back