Eric Brown

I dont follow what dolce do. I do my own training stuff for strenght and cardio.

I just dont get the mindless hate. Or maybe i do.. Forum actract hateful people.

Its the cool thing to do. Hating on dolce, portal, and white.

After all: its important to be a part of the group.

:D

I think you are confused.

I actually can't even remember what Dolce did or why people don't like him. IIRC he was on TUF and then started doing diet stuff- right? And personally I like Dana White. I don't really understand the hysterical/entitled reaction of the internet fans, and how so many of them thinks they would be better at running the UFC than Dana is.

It's not about Dolce hate.

It's that you posted a video of someone performing a fairly average athletic accomplishment, not especially proficiently. Whether we like him or not, it's not interesting or informative.

As I said in my last post- if someone posted a video of a guy running 21min 5k, we wouldn't be interested or informed.

If you don't understand that, I am honestly concerned about your basic level of intelligence. I am sorry to have to say that.

Ah. The good old "you are dumb" argument.

Ah. The good old "you are dumb" argument.

My God.

So you genuinely don't understand that it's not to do with Dolce, it's that the feat videod was not sufficient impressive?

If that is the case, I am going to have to classify you along with Ripskater- someone who is not able to listen, pay attention, consider arguments etc, and is thus not worth actually talking to or engaging with. What a pity.

I just dont get the mindless hate. Or maybe i do.. Forum actract hateful people.
I don't always agree with everyone. You and I may disagree on things too. There are haters here in this forum as there are everywhere. Eric Brown was one of the biggest haters here. You see where that got him in life. Let the haters hate and just keep trying to make yourself better.

Last edited by a moderator:

The guy is a liar and a shill. His book is a ripoff and he makes money off of the stupid and uninformed. Dolce is a bad person and his advice is mediocre at best.

This has nothing to do with being a "hater".

Not to add to the derailment, but could someone please link back to the dolce video in question?

That video.. Wow.
Exact quote:
"Start with the body weight squat. If you can't do 100 body weight squats with perfect form, on your heels, knees don't float forward, head up at a 45 degree angle, proper spinal alignment ... then you have no business adding resistance anyways. 100 non-stop bodyweight squats, to depth. That's hip joint coming equal to the top of your knee. If you can't do that, you're not conditioned to do squats anyways."
-whatever the fuck his name is

I personally don't like Dolce very much, he strikes me as a bit of charlatan. Portal seems a little delusional as well, but I think he has some very interesting ideas about movement and I think there is a lot of value in it. Despite Dana being a prick, I kinda like him and respect his work ethic.

We wont always agree on things, but I definitely see your point. There's a lot of grouping together. Sometimes it seems like people are afraid to make up their own mind and just follow whatever the group says. Happens all the time. The way they are all ganging up on you is a classic example. Jaunty did make some good points though, and you are being a little stubborn on this one.

If we are just talking about Dolce, I really don't care for him either. He has made outlandish claims about his lifting numbers, his diet ideas are very basic(nothing wrong with that) but he overcharges for his services like crazy, he has no real education(that I know off), he always uses buzz words and just come off as an egomaniacal snake oil salesman to me.

But if his ideas and diets makes you feel good and have made you stay at weight, then good for you.

tbqh I'd trust Eric Brown over Mike Dolce. And he's probably stronger too, fraud or not. As much as everyone is bashing him right now [I dont know the details of his case so its not my place to comment on it], his knowledge when it came to strength training was on point.

Hello everyone,

I am "the" Marilia of the story. In a certain way, I'm responsible for Eric Anthony Midkiff being in jail. I also wrote the full report about the grand larceny charge for which now he has a warrant issued from Florida. The whole story is fascinating. It would be more fascinating if I hadn't lost over 20 grand, found myself in the middle of two countries with no idea what to do, since the grand projects I had were in partnership with a fictional character: Eric Brown, decorated Navy official (lieutenant commander), graduated with honors from U. Michigan, with a MS under my idol, Dr. Garhammer.

He has above average intelligence and has educated himself in strength and conditioning to a very high level. He could talk science with me and I didn't realize it was fake: I'm a Ph.D. with 20 years of research experience. Honestly, I don't get conned on this matter. A student can be smart, but will not be able to describe laboratory life as one who has lived it. He could. He researched the lives of real scientists, not just to learn the content, but to create his persona, Eric Brown.

According to forensic psychiatrists, with targets like me, this type of psychopath spends a long time stalking. His objective was not just the money. In fact, he counted on me supporting him on this: he needed the marriage to keep his "business" going under what he called "a big name".

Many people contacted Detective Serra, from Stuart Police Department, in hopes of being able to press charges. It's not that simple: most lacked sufficient evidence or were interpreted as out of jurisdiction. And there was the plea bargain, of course: he confessed to the crime against me (for which the evidence was abundant) in exchange for not being charged for the others. For example the 5 grand he stole from his employer.

I like Sherdog. I simply don't have any time to participate: I have a team of coaches teaching a continued education program in strength and conditioning that I created, which now I have to do the introduction and wrap up online, from the USA to Brazil, in real time; Brazil has plunged into a deep economic crisis (which obviously extends to me, reason why Nursenukles mentioned I am using my time to rebuild my life) and I'm a writer. Meaning I write for money. LOL. This sounded weird.

Eric Midkiff invented Eric Brown around 2008. That's right after the Alabama crime. He needed you and he needed your support. Maybe for psychological reasons, since many of them are narcissists. But chiefly to have access to people to con by PM. I estimate he made between 20 to (the sky is the limit) thousand dollars/year this way, for over 20 years. Of course, this is just an estimate based on the partial data I obtained.

To those that claim he knew what he was talking about in strength training: you are correct. Most of the time, eric-whoever-he-is was very precise and his claims were evidence-based. How? I have no idea. He was an excellent coach. I read the evaluations his clients made at Anytime Fitness' page on Facebook: stellar.

Was he strong: definitely. His bench press sucked bad, of course. But he had a strong deadlift. I personally saw him lifting around 300kg/66llbs. His squat sucked. His Olys were ok. I could never properly evaluate anything because every time one of his many injuries (mostly imaginary) were flaring up. His many surgeries, his brain damage acquired in the war in Somalia (to which he never went), so many things....

So, YES: you were all conned. We were all conned. By the same man who conned other people just like us through forums and social media for years, with different names and situations. As you all have figured out, the red flags were there. But it is not our fault: psychopaths are not good at this. They are perfect. They know exactly how to play with trust, credibility, etc.

If you still want information on this, feel free to contact me: I think the PMs go right to my email and I'll come back.

Don't let this fact make you paranoid: they (psychopaths) represent from anything between 2-10% of the population and are very prolific. However, con artists like eric-whoever-he-is or the one who victimized the poor grandmother of one of your members cause more financial than intellectual damage. As long as you keep safe, DON'T GIVE MONEY to anyone who asks you by PM, you're good. They will come and go and your forum will be content-safe.

Stay strong,

Marilia

Hello everyone,

I am "the" Marilia of the story. In a certain way, I'm responsible for Eric Anthony Midkiff being in jail. I also wrote the full report about the grand larceny charge for which now he has a warrant issued from Florida. The whole story is fascinating. It would be more fascinating if I hadn't lost over 20 grand, found myself in the middle of two countries with no idea what to do, since the grand projects I had were in partnership with a fictional character: Eric Brown, decorated Navy official (lieutenant commander), graduated with honors from U. Michigan, with a MS under my idol, Dr. Garhammer.

He has above average intelligence and has educated himself in strength and conditioning to a very high level. He could talk science with me and I didn't realize it was fake: I'm a Ph.D. with 20 years of research experience. Honestly, I don't get conned on this matter. A student can be smart, but will not be able to describe laboratory life as one who has lived it. He could. He researched the lives of real scientists, not just to learn the content, but to create his persona, Eric Brown.

According to forensic psychiatrists, with targets like me, this type of psychopath spends a long time stalking. His objective was not just the money. In fact, he counted on me supporting him on this: he needed the marriage to keep his "business" going under what he called "a big name".

Many people contacted Detective Serra, from Stuart Police Department, in hopes of being able to press charges. It's not that simple: most lacked sufficient evidence or were interpreted as out of jurisdiction. And there was the plea bargain, of course: he confessed to the crime against me (for which the evidence was abundant) in exchange for not being charged for the others. For example the 5 grand he stole from his employer.

I like Sherdog. I simply don't have any time to participate: I have a team of coaches teaching a continued education program in strength and conditioning that I created, which now I have to do the introduction and wrap up online, from the USA to Brazil, in real time; Brazil has plunged into a deep economic crisis (which obviously extends to me, reason why Nursenukles mentioned I am using my time to rebuild my life) and I'm a writer. Meaning I write for money. LOL. This sounded weird.

Eric Midkiff invented Eric Brown around 2008. That's right after the Alabama crime. He needed you and he needed your support. Maybe for psychological reasons, since many of them are narcissists. But chiefly to have access to people to con by PM. I estimate he made between 20 to (the sky is the limit) thousand dollars/year this way, for over 20 years. Of course, this is just an estimate based on the partial data I obtained.

To those that claim he knew what he was talking about in strength training: you are correct. Most of the time, eric-whoever-he-is was very precise and his claims were evidence-based. How? I have no idea. He was an excellent coach. I read the evaluations his clients made at Anytime Fitness' page on Facebook: stellar.

Was he strong: definitely. His bench press sucked bad, of course. But he had a strong deadlift. I personally saw him lifting around 300kg/66llbs. His squat sucked. His Olys were ok. I could never properly evaluate anything because every time one of his many injuries (mostly imaginary) were flaring up. His many surgeries, his brain damage acquired in the war in Somalia (to which he never went), so many things....

So, YES: you were all conned. We were all conned. By the same man who conned other people just like us through forums and social media for years, with different names and situations. As you all have figured out, the red flags were there. But it is not our fault: psychopaths are not good at this. They are perfect. They know exactly how to play with trust, credibility, etc.

If you still want information on this, feel free to contact me: I think the PMs go right to my email and I'll come back.

Don't let this fact make you paranoid: they (psychopaths) represent from anything between 2-10% of the population and are very prolific. However, con artists like eric-whoever-he-is or the one who victimized the poor grandmother of one of your members cause more financial than intellectual damage. As long as you keep safe, DON'T GIVE MONEY to anyone who asks you by PM, you're good. They will come and go and your forum will be content-safe.

Stay strong,

Marilia
God Bless you Marilia. I hope everything works out well for you. Probably everyone is sorry that you had to go through this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marilia is the reason i started to strenght training.
I mean, i was doing bodybuilding stuff and came across her name in a interview in a brazilian magazine i think.
She has a famous cartunist sister in brazil wich i always was a fan.

I was impressed by her biography and it was the start of my admiration to the basics: squats, deads (i did not know what it was at the time) and bench.

the fact she found a meaning to her life thru lifting amazed me. i was getting thru a similar situation.

that white belt deserves a black one!
cheers marilia!

Back