Eric Brown

Guys, this is my duty: you need to be safe. He preyed on people like you for over 2 decades. I happened to be the target he needed at the time, but, make no mistakes: there were thousands of others. Some probably worse than me.

I have bad news: the day after I posted this news, Baldwin's County files were updated and I learned he was released. Whether :

1. He was released from that small jail to do his sentence somewhere else, I don't know: the State and Federal system search engines don't show his name. That may be for 2 reasons: 1. it takes long to update; 2. his name is not even Eric Midkiff

2. He is free, for manipulating the law enforcement system (there is plenty of research showing psychopaths do very well in the correctional system and they DO manipulate the personnel)

I don't know.

Take care. You know his style by now. He might show up under a different name and picture: you must be able to sort fake from real.

Whatever you need, call me: [email protected]. Actually, I know some stuff about weight training. I am sorry I am so swamped right now. But I'm here and as a bonus, I'm real :) hahaha..

Google me: Marilia Coutinho.

You know... it's a good thing to check anyone who you interact too much with. Check everything. Fraud alone is responsible for 50-60 BILLION DOLLARS loss in the USA alone. It's serious shit.

Take care, all of you

How much you bench doe Eric?

Just don't give money (among other things) to weird old guys on the Internet. Seems to work fine for me.

I remember some of his old posts, criticizing MMA fighters for not training right, that they succeeded in spite of their training because they didn't powerlift enough. Loool.

He hated my guts with a vengeance. But I wish him the best. And if all that is true, I hope he learns from this and gets through this ok.
Everytime you mentioned Nick Curson or Marinovich I'm pretty sure he had a minor stroke.

i recall a thread in which Eric said never get married..."i once went to a gym and one thing lead to another and yada yada now the bitch owns my house" i am assuming that was you not that you are indeed a bitch

i recall a thread in which Eric said never get married..."i once went to a gym and one thing lead to another and yada yada now the bitch owns my house" i am assuming that was you not that you are indeed a bitch
lol, I remember that quote

Its probably been posted before but I just found out about an old 2000 thread when Eric Midkiff apologized on mfw for 'borrowing' money.
Midkiff: The Fake, The Phony, The Fraud
A lot of people defending him in there.

Hello everyone,

I am "the" Marilia of the story. In a certain way, I'm responsible for Eric Anthony Midkiff being in jail. I also wrote the full report about the grand larceny charge for which now he has a warrant issued from Florida. The whole story is fascinating. It would be more fascinating if I hadn't lost over 20 grand, found myself in the middle of two countries with no idea what to do, since the grand projects I had were in partnership with a fictional character: Eric Brown, decorated Navy official (lieutenant commander), graduated with honors from U. Michigan, with a MS under my idol, Dr. Garhammer.

He has above average intelligence and has educated himself in strength and conditioning to a very high level. He could talk science with me and I didn't realize it was fake: I'm a Ph.D. with 20 years of research experience. Honestly, I don't get conned on this matter. A student can be smart, but will not be able to describe laboratory life as one who has lived it. He could. He researched the lives of real scientists, not just to learn the content, but to create his persona, Eric Brown.

According to forensic psychiatrists, with targets like me, this type of psychopath spends a long time stalking. His objective was not just the money. In fact, he counted on me supporting him on this: he needed the marriage to keep his "business" going under what he called "a big name".

Many people contacted Detective Serra, from Stuart Police Department, in hopes of being able to press charges. It's not that simple: most lacked sufficient evidence or were interpreted as out of jurisdiction. And there was the plea bargain, of course: he confessed to the crime against me (for which the evidence was abundant) in exchange for not being charged for the others. For example the 5 grand he stole from his employer.

I like Sherdog. I simply don't have any time to participate: I have a team of coaches teaching a continued education program in strength and conditioning that I created, which now I have to do the introduction and wrap up online, from the USA to Brazil, in real time; Brazil has plunged into a deep economic crisis (which obviously extends to me, reason why Nursenukles mentioned I am using my time to rebuild my life) and I'm a writer. Meaning I write for money. LOL. This sounded weird.

Eric Midkiff invented Eric Brown around 2008. That's right after the Alabama crime. He needed you and he needed your support. Maybe for psychological reasons, since many of them are narcissists. But chiefly to have access to people to con by PM. I estimate he made between 20 to (the sky is the limit) thousand dollars/year this way, for over 20 years. Of course, this is just an estimate based on the partial data I obtained.

To those that claim he knew what he was talking about in strength training: you are correct. Most of the time, eric-whoever-he-is was very precise and his claims were evidence-based. How? I have no idea. He was an excellent coach. I read the evaluations his clients made at Anytime Fitness' page on Facebook: stellar.

Was he strong: definitely. His bench press sucked bad, of course. But he had a strong deadlift. I personally saw him lifting around 300kg/66llbs. His squat sucked. His Olys were ok. I could never properly evaluate anything because every time one of his many injuries (mostly imaginary) were flaring up. His many surgeries, his brain damage acquired in the war in Somalia (to which he never went), so many things....

So, YES: you were all conned. We were all conned. By the same man who conned other people just like us through forums and social media for years, with different names and situations. As you all have figured out, the red flags were there. But it is not our fault: psychopaths are not good at this. They are perfect. They know exactly how to play with trust, credibility, etc.

If you still want information on this, feel free to contact me: I think the PMs go right to my email and I'll come back.

Don't let this fact make you paranoid: they (psychopaths) represent from anything between 2-10% of the population and are very prolific. However, con artists like eric-whoever-he-is or the one who victimized the poor grandmother of one of your members cause more financial than intellectual damage. As long as you keep safe, DON'T GIVE MONEY to anyone who asks you by PM, you're good. They will come and go and your forum will be content-safe.

Stay strong,

Marilia

I'm confused. You were married to the guy right?

MikeL

upload_2016-7-19_8-40-48.png
6/26/00
You knew it had to happen...

My Commentary on the Midkiff Fiasco
By Mike Lane

First off I'd like to state that upon hearing of the news of Mr.
Midkiff's deceptions I had mixed emotions. On the one hand I felt
unbridled glee at seeing that pompous arrogant bag of sanctimonious
wind get humiliated.
The above was the very first post. It looks like the same perceptions back then were the same perceptions some of us had here. Reading that email group is interesting.

Marilia is erics new online persona :eek:

I am Eric's new online persona.

He is such a manipulative genius (as in, I am such an evil genius) that he set up this account and identity a full 5 years before he started posting here as Arlecchino/Eric Brown.

But why am I telling you this? You're one of his online personas too.

A lot of people defending him in there.

I'm confused. You were married to the guy right?

Guys, I only have information about whoever-he-is since Novermber 2014, when we first e-mailed each other about the NSCA. It was actually through LinkedIn - take a look there, his resume is pretty impressive.

So, going backwards:

June 16, 2016 - Eric Midkiff is released from Baldwin County jail - nobody knows where he is.

March 25, 2016 - Eric Midkiff is transferred from Stuart, FL, to Alabama (Baldwin County) on a charge of "possession of forged instrument on second degree"

March 1, 2016 - My marriage to Eric Midkiff is annulled before Judge Laurie Buchanan, Martin Conty, FL

January the 8th, 2016 - Eric Midkiff is arrested at the Clarion Inn, Stuart, FL, under the charges of car theft and being a fugitive of law (Alabama)

December 20 something - Eric Midkiff and I get married. Licence issued on December the 18th. Therefore, not even a month married, which is one of the reasons I could get the annulment

October the 12th - I arrive in the USA to compete and speak at seminars

July the 8th - Eric Brown is scheduled to speak at a seminar in Sao Paulo, Brazil,
About Sports Science. The best professionals in the country commit to coming to meet “the great authority”. A few days earlier he has a horrible imaginary accident, hits his head, totals the car and has further brain damage. We had to reimburse everyone and he asked us not to mention the accident.

February the 20th – I leave the USA and resume my work in Brazil

February the 15th – I am called to the front desk of the hotel about some “Eric Midkiff”. I freak out. He rushes back and explains that “Midkiff” was the name he got when he was adopted by his evil stepfather, but he is originally Brown. Shows his fake military card with “Brown” on it. I believe it (I had never seen a military card in my life)

February the 8th – I compete at RUM, win my class and champion of champions on the bench press. Eric Brown is my handler.

February the 4th – I arrive in the USA to compete at RUM. We meet and start a relationship

November (around the 14th) – We get acquainted online about professional matters.

So, no, I am not the woman who kept the house (did anyone? Probably it was the other way round, although I don’t know Lisa Midkiff personally).

He confessed before Judge Buchanan to stealing 20 grand from me. Since the marriage was annulled, he has no right over anything I own anymore.

The day he was arrested I started digging the Internet for information and found the 2000 thread. I felt stupid. Have you ever felt really stupid and gullible? I did. After a few more megabytes of technical research into psychopathy, I felt just an ordinary target. We’re all things for them. I – and everybody else he conned – was useful for some time.

I hope this clarifies the issue.

Guys, I only have information about whoever-he-is since Novermber 2014, when we first e-mailed each other about the NSCA. It was actually through LinkedIn - take a look there, his resume is pretty impressive.

So, going backwards:

June 16, 2016 - Eric Midkiff is released from Baldwin County jail - nobody knows where he is.

March 25, 2016 - Eric Midkiff is transferred from Stuart, FL, to Alabama (Baldwin County) on a charge of "possession of forged instrument on second degree"

March 1, 2016 - My marriage to Eric Midkiff is annulled before Judge Laurie Buchanan, Martin Conty, FL

January the 8th, 2016 - Eric Midkiff is arrested at the Clarion Inn, Stuart, FL, under the charges of car theft and being a fugitive of law (Alabama)

December 20 something - Eric Midkiff and I get married. Licence issued on December the 18th. Therefore, not even a month married, which is one of the reasons I could get the annulment

July the 8th - Eric Brown is scheduled to speak at a seminar in Sao Paulo, Brazil,
About Sports Science. The best professionals in the country commit to coming to meet “the great authority”. A few days earlier he has a horrible imaginary accident, hits his head, totals the car and has further brain damage. We had to reimburse everyone and he asked us not to mention the accident.

February the 15th – I am called to the front desk of the hotel about some “Eric Midkiff”. I freak out. He rushes back and explains that “Midkiff” was the name he got when he was adopted by his evil stepfather, but he is originally Brown. Shows his fake military card with “Brown” on it. I believe it (I had never seen a military card in my life)

February the 8th – I compete at RUM, win my class and champion of champions on the bench press. Eric Brown is my handler.

February the 4th – I arrive in the USA to compete at RUM. We meet and start a relationship

November (around the 14th) – We get acquainted online about professional matters.

So, no, I am not the woman who kept the house (did anyone? Probably it was the other way round, although I don’t know Lisa Midkiff personally).

He confessed before Judge Buchanan to stealing 20 grand from me. Since the marriage was annulled, he has no right over anything I own anymore.

The day he was arrested I started digging the Internet for information and found the 2000 thread. I felt stupid. Have you ever felt really stupid and gullible? I did. After a few more megabytes of technical research into psychopathy, I felt just an ordinary target. We’re all things for them. I – and everybody else he conned – was useful for some time.

Thanks! Hope it all works out.

So, going backwards:

I'm confused. So you were going to marry Eric as Eric Brown or Eric Midkiff? Which name did you know him as? I guess you had to have met him in person right?

I've seen him on the forums for a long time, but I never really spoke to him too much. I don't know anything about his personal or professional life. I just knew him as the "really smart S&C guy" on the forums.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I can't imagine how violated that must make you feel.

I'm confused. So you were going to marry Eric as Eric Brown or Eric Midkiff? Which name did you know him as? I guess you had to have met him in person right?

I've seen him on the forums for a long time, but I never really spoke to him too much. I don't know anything about his personal or professional life. I just knew him as the "really smart S&C guy" on the forums.

I'm sorry this happened to you. I can't imagine how violated that must make you feel.
===

Thank you all for your support - I hope I bring some light into a matter of safety. Someone here mentioned a relative that works hunting this type of criminal. So:

1. I was going (and actually did) to marry Eric Midkiff: I bought into the explanation that he had both names. Some American friends explained to me this is possible (especially for women, but for guys too).

2. He was disappointed when the Court official said he couldn't change his name "back" to "Eric Brown" (supposedly his birth certificate name) with our marriage. They explained name changes do not happen automatically in Florida - you have to go to the Social Security Service. Now I understand that marrying me was a step towards another layer of identity, possibly to evade warrants. We have no idea how many warrants there are for him all over the country and under which identities. I have no idea how many SSN he has.

3. Yes, it is pretty confusing. In 72h all our immediate circle realized we had been interacting with a fictional character. I had married one. That's very confusing... And there is no time to handle that and to get any type of closure because, well, there's life. And life is upside down, there are so many things to be done.

It is still confusing. I now am half-way or almost done with the requirements of a LEGAL permanent resident in the USA, but the work permit arrived about a month ago. Until then, even my students were on the other side of the planet. I teach online (I had no idea if we would be able to still be competitive in the coaching/continued education market with the head coach stranded in another country). I write... I consult...

Eric whoever-he-is didn't have a house or vehicle. As far as I know, ever. The car I thought he owned when me met (yes, we MET in February 2015) was a rental car. He said it was hard to rent a new house on the Treasure Coast, so we were still staying in hotels. For about 10 days we had a house he told me he had paid 6 months in advance (rental). Then we had to leave in a matter of hours because "some really dangerous people were after him".

It is. It is confusing. Those of you who know me from my EliteFTS writing, website or whatever, or training and competition videos don't realize what this sort of stuff can do to a person's professional and athletic life. I'm starting to train again now...

I clicked "lke" in the comment that suggested I was another of Eric's alias. You have no idea, but he did use real people's pictures and names as aliases. Who knows? He could have done that with mine. I don't believe it, though: I have friends here and in other digital environments who personally know me and the way I write. They would let me know.

So, going backwards:

January the 17th, 2016 - Eric Midkiff makes another bogus sherdog account.

Hope it all works out for you........and uh.......whoever told you that it is common for American men to have two last names, gave you some really bad information.

Back