Eliza Dushku got paid $9.5 million by CBS for allegedly getting "inappropriate comments"

Read the article before responding.

She didn't get 9.5 million for her cast-mate making inappropriate comments. She got 9.5 million because when she went to the cast-mate and said she didn't appreciate those comments and that he has a leader on the set set a tone for the cast and crew him making those comments caused the crew to do the same. He then complained the show-runners about her and they wrote her off the show in retaliation.

She got 9.5 million for getting fired because she told her coworker to knock off the creepy behavior. They calculated that as her lost wages had her options been picked up. An independent investigation found the behavior pervasive and the studios legal counsel inept in his handling of the situation. The guy tried to use outtakes against Dushku because he thought it showed her behaving inappropriately because she cursed between takes. Too bad the outtakes also showed the actual harrassment she complained about too.

Had she not been fired for confronting her co-star she wouldn't have gotten this money. So what she forced them to fire her or something?

Mind you. This is accepting everything she says at face value. Not maybe they had other reasons for getting rid of her and she didn't get along with the rest of the cast or the crew. CBS has a ton of cash, settling a lawsuit in this case doesn't mean it wasn't frivolous, just that they thought paying her off was a better move than making it into a huge public deal.

Again. She's never complained about Whedon, but she's suddenly told stories about being sexually harassed in the past now that she's getting older and having a tougher time finding roles.

2dabb4.jpg

She wasn't a helpless victim. She got 9.5 million dollars worth of revenge from her employer for unjustifiably firing her. Playing the victim would have been sticking around that workplace which she didn't like, keeping her mouth shut and smiling for that paycheck.

TS is the type of person that will berate women for not standing up to sexual harassment and also for berate them for standing up against sexual harassment.

How dare she play the opportunist by forcing the studio to respond to this situation in a completely inappropriate manner and fire her.

Mind you. This is accepting her story at face value. Not maybe they had other reasons for getting rid of her and she didn't get along with the rest of the cast.

Again. She's never complained about Whedon, but she's suddenly told stories about being sexually harassed in the past now that she's getting older and having a tougher time finding roles.

This isn't accepting her story at face value.

It's accepting the findings of the independent legal council brought in to review this situation and the studios practices in this area.

Again, you'd know that if you read your own posted article.

It's accepting the findings of the independent legal council brought in to review this situation and the studios practices in this area.

Its been explained multiple times already but @KeepItRealist is pretty consistently dishonest so its to be expected that he'd twist and misrepresent the story for his own agenda.

Oh, I did read it. And only someone counting on others not doing so would describe the negotiations between her and CBS to be an "independent legal council brought in to review this situation and the studios practices in this area."

The mediation is big money lawyers coming up with the shakedown figure to keep it out of the papers.

Mind you. This is accepting everything she says at face value. Not maybe they had other reasons for getting rid of her and she didn't get along with the rest of the cast or the crew.

Bro, CBS doesn't have so much money that they'd just throw 9.5$ million to anyone for any reason. If they had a justifiable reason for firing her, then they wouldn't have paid her the money. It wasn't just her word. She had ON CAMERA evidence, and corroboration from other crew members who overheard what was said.

She was not even a regular on the show. She was a guest star who they told they might consider making her into a regular. They tell that to guest stars and recurring actors all the time. Then when they didn't, she said it was because she complained about Weatherly making some inappropriate comments.

Her timely accusations came at the same time CBS was already going through all the troubles due to Les Moonves. It's not surprising they settled.

Extortion money.

Hilarious seeing OP getting dunked on repeatedly.

I've been out of college working as a professional for 10 years. I've been in public accounting and Fortune 500 companies, know plenty of professionals at all levels and in those 10 years I've heard of one case where people go in trouble for "sexual misconduct" in the work place. In that case a Director level dude was having an affair with one of his staff. They got in trouble because he tried to promote her to a position she clearly wasn't qualified for. Everybody knew they were banging in the office but when he pushed fro her promotion they both got fired.

That's why I have to laugh at this #meetoo boogeyman where guys are being run out of companies left and right for telling innocent jokes by the water cooler.

Extortion and/or blackmail payments are to make something NOT happen.

The story came out.

What is CBS paying not to happen?

She went after money at the same time the network was already under fire. Refusing to pay her off would have been a bigger problem in their mind. I don't know how it got out now, from her looking for attention or what, but at the time, clearly they meant to keep it quiet.

Yes, exactly. Because she has evidence that shows they were in the wrong legally.

Right. The evidence.

Recap of events:

- She was hired as a recurring love interest on a CBS show.
- They "talked about" possibly making her a regular, which they tell every recurring actor.
- Weatherly apparently made some "inappropriate comments" on set she complained about
- Her character wasn't made a regular
- She filed a lawsuit saying she didn't get made a regular because she complained about his comments.
- CBS pays her the equivalent salary of her recurring character being made a regular for four seasons

She wasn't "fired' from anything. Her recurring character wasn't made a regular. When CBS had legal trouble, she took advantage. That's what it looks like IMO. Pure shakedown money.

Last edited:
as usual, you leave out all the important information:

"After she went through mediation with CBS, the company agreed to a confidential settlement that would pay her $9.5 million, roughly the equivalent of what Ms. Dushku would have earned if she had stayed on as a cast member for four seasons.

When Ms. Dushku signed on with “Bull” at $35,000 per episode — a figure that would have increased significantly, if she had continued on the show — there were “well developed plans” to have her become a regular cast member, according to the draft of the investigators’ report."

"
She began by telling Mr. Weatherly that “everyone loves” him on the set and followed his lead. She pointed out that after he made the threesome comment, a crew member said something similar to her, according to the interview notes. Mr. Weatherly asked Ms. Dushku who had made the remark and why she did not report it. As Ms. Dushku later told the lawyers, she did not have the sense that there was a “safe person you could go to” with that kind of complaint.

After the talk, Mr. Weatherly sent a text to David Stapf, the president of CBS Television Studios, saying that he wanted to talk about Ms. Dushku’s sense of humor. Mr. Stapf replied that Ms. Dushku made the show better, according to the interview notes.

Around the same time, Ms. Dushku expressed the worry to her representatives that Mr. Weatherly might go to CBS and get her fired.

That is effectively what happened. Within days of confronting Mr. Weatherly, Ms. Dushku was written off the show. The plan to make her part of the cast was over. By way of explanation, Mr. Caron told her that he “didn’t know how to write” her into the show anymore, according to the interview notes."

now what this says, is you're chronically full of shit.

and so lazy in your shit, that your main hope is that no one reads even the slightest bit on the subject you're bullshitting about.

dont Dump this. Wall of Shame this.

Makes a timeline and leaves off she was written off days after her complaint to the shows star, days after he requests a meeting with the higher-ups about her "sense of humor".

Somehow concludes those things aren't at all connected. CBS should have hired the TS as the independent council to review their handling of this and overall policies. He's clearly got the acumen.

“During the course of taping our show, I made some jokes mocking some lines in the script,” Mr. Weatherly said in the statement. “When Eliza told me that she wasn’t comfortable with my language and attempt at humor, I was mortified to have offended her and immediately apologized. After reflecting on this further, I better understand that what I said was both not funny and not appropriate and I am sorry and regret the pain this caused Eliza.”

Mr. Weatherly said that when he mentioned a threesome, it was not to suggest Ms. Dushku take part in a threesome with him and another cast member. “While we’re shooting, in the context of the scene, she held up three fingers, suggesting something,” he said. “And I ad-libbed, ‘Threesome?’”

Then came the shooting of a scene involving a windowless van. With the cameras rolling, in front of the cast and crew, Mr. Weatherly said he would take Ms. Dushku to his “rape van,” which, he added, was filled with phallic objects and lubricant, according to the interview notes.

Mr. Weatherly said the “rape van” line was an attempted joke that misfired. “The scripted line in that scene was, ‘Hey, young lady, step into my windowless van,’” he said. “I didn’t particularly like that line, so I joked, in order to highlight how distasteful the emphasis of the line was, about an ‘r. van,’ a rape van. Which, in retrospect, was not a good idea.”

During the toast, Mr. Weatherly said he needed a “really beautiful woman” to grab a ticket for a raffle. “Eliza,” he said in front of everyone, according to the interview notes, “we need you, the most beautiful woman, to come grab the raffle ticket.”

Ms. Dushku, in her final moments as part of the “Bull” sphere, played along, although she felt “embarrassed and humiliated.”

In other words, he was joking around what the writers had their characters doing. Since she was his love interest. He wasn't sexually harassing her, he was being funny. And in this day and age, you can't do that apparently.

Last edited:
Regardless of what happened...LMAO at 9.5 million. I feel awful for her

Right. The evidence.

Recap of events:

- She was hired as a recurring love interest on a CBS show.
- They "talked about" possibly making her a regular, which they tell every recurring actor.
- Weatherly apparently made some "inappropriate comments" on set she complained about
- Her character wasn't made a regular
- After CBS had trouble due to Les Moonves, she filed a lawsuit saying she didn't get made a regular because she complained about his comments.
- CBS pays her the equivalent salary of her recurring character being made a regular for four seasons

She was "fired' from anything. Her recurring character wasn't made a regular. When CBS had legal trouble, she took advantage. That's what it looks like IMO. Pure shakedown money.
Yes, part of the evidence she had was a plan to make her character a regular on the show. If those plans had changed and they were no longer interested in making her character a regular, then surely CBS could have shown documents that proved as much.

If CBS was so panicked about the story getting out, then they could have simply included an NDA into her settlement. After-all that was what Stormy Daniels got in trouble over in regards to her hush money, and CBS themselves have used NDAs in the case of covering up what Charlie Rose did.

The settlement was to avoid going to court and having to pay all the legal fees on top of any court appointed damages.

Back