Eliza Dushku got paid $9.5 million by CBS for allegedly getting "inappropriate comments"

Someone should really have a talk with the other actresses who auditioned for the role on Buffy she got due to the casting couch and starting an affair with Whedon. That should be really concerning to people in the industry, not "inappropriate comments" on set.

Why can't both be happening at the same time? Stuff like Harvey Weinstein is completely justified. Getting $10M for inappropriate comments seems like you're just taking advantage of other people's pain for your own personal gain.
She was written off the show for what she feels was speaking out about the comments. So she lost money. The company investigated and felt the same way, or that enough evidence was there to warrant a payout. I dont know how much she was getting paid, but 9.5 seems fair when you consider what she had to go through.

Someone should really have a talk with the other actresses who auditioned for the role on Buffy she got due to the casting couch and starting an affair with Whedon. That should be really concerning to people in the industry, not "inappropriate comments" on set.
Who was the boss? She or whedon? If she was his boss, that is highly inappropriate. If he was her boss, she again is the victim.

Who was the boss? She or whedon? If she was his boss, that is highly inappropriate. If he was her boss, she again is the victim.

Mona was the boss.

d1648a864f7b3413d1d4ada183800dbf--boss-tv-st-birthday.jpg

Ahhh. So you are clearly upset that you missed your window and now your inappropriate sexual advances are no longer going to be tolerated in society. Got it. Like @Rational Poster poster stated, you dont have a clue about how a workplace works.

Now this is just hilarious. Have you ever held a job in your life? Everyone who has ever been employed should be filthy rich if you get paid $9.5 million for hearing some "inappropriate comments" in the workplace.

I guess maybe a surprising amount of people on Sherdog work in Woke places where everyone only talks about vegan recipes.

This is just hilarious. Have you ever held a job? It's a wonder everyone who has ever been employed isn't a millionaire if you get paid $9.5 million for hearing some "inappropriate comments."

I guess maybe a surprising amount of people on Sherdog work in Woke places where everyone only talks about vegan recipes.
You didnt read the article, did you? You cant be this dense. Well. Maybe you can.

Thats all that happened. Was she heard inappropriate comments.

I really wish someone would say something innapropriate to me at work :(

Running out of options for how to pay off student loans before 35

For the people that don't remember who Eliza Dushku is|

Now this is just hilarious. Have you ever held a job in your life? Everyone who has ever been employed should be filthy rich if you get paid $9.5 million for hearing some "inappropriate comments" in the workplace.

She was compensated for lost wages due to wrongful termination, not for complaining about comments. You won't understand that though because you don't want to.

She got fired for speaking out about the comments. The unjustified firing is the reason she got the money. If HR had spoken with the cast member who made the jokes and didn't fire her, the company wouldn't have had to pay the money.

In my work-place an unjustified demotion led to a court case which resulted in pretty big money settlement for the plaintiff who was unjustly demoted, and that was in Florida. I can only imagine there are stricter pro-employee laws in Califorinia and/or New York, and Prime-time TV is a much bigger money industry than most.

It's sad when a topic is so insignificant that even the TS doesn't care to read it in detail.

This is a thread about a wrongful termination settlement. That's it. That's the thread.

Last edited:
I seem to have a much higher opinion of women than most in this thread. I don't see them as being helpless victims entirely at the mercy of the men around them.

I don't assume Whedon took advantage of Dushku and she was too terrified to refuse. More likely she saw an affair with him as helpful to her career, which it was. She got her own show with his help after Buffy was over.

No different than Kamala Harris going down on Willie Brown to advance her career in politics or countless other examples.

Last edited:
I seem to have a much higher opinion of women than most in this thread. I don't see them as being helpless victims entirely at the mercy of the men around them.

I don't assume Whedon took advantage of Dushku and she was too terrified to refuse. More likely she saw an affair with him as helpful to her career, which it was. She got her own show with his help after Buffy was over.

No different than Kamala Harris going down on Willie Brown to advance her career.

Instead of just reading the article you posted in the OP, you're derailing your own thread to make it about Joss Whedon. Amazing.

Instead of just reading the article you posted in the OP, you're derailing your own thread to make it about Joss Whedon. Amazing.

Hardly. We are talking about an actress famous for having an affair on set with the married creator of a teen show she was on. Who she mind you, has never accused of sexual harassment or talked publicly about her sexual relationship with him. He's helped her get several roles since them. So in her warped mind, having an affair with a much older married man with a big name in the business is appropriate behavior for an actress and acceptable behavior on his part, but not others making some suggestive comments on set.

Last edited:
Why can't both be happening at the same time? Stuff like Harvey Weinstein is completely justified. Getting $10M for inappropriate comments seems like you're just taking advantage of other people's pain for your own personal gain.

Read the article before responding.

She didn't get 9.5 million for her cast-mate making inappropriate comments. She got 9.5 million because when she went to the cast-mate and said she didn't appreciate those comments and that he has a leader on the set set a tone for the cast and crew him making those comments caused the crew to do the same. He then complained the show-runners about her and they wrote her off the show in retaliation.

She got 9.5 million for getting fired because she told her coworker to knock off the creepy behavior. They calculated that as her lost wages had her options been picked up. An independent investigation found the behavior pervasive and the studios legal counsel inept in his handling of the situation. The guy tried to use outtakes against Dushku because he thought it showed her behaving inappropriately because she cursed between takes. Too bad the outtakes also showed the actual harrassment she complained about too.

Had she not been fired for confronting her co-star she wouldn't have gotten this money. So what she forced them to fire her or something?

2dabb4.jpg

She wasn't a helpless victim. She got 9.5 million dollars worth of revenge from her employer for unjustifiably firing her. Being the victim would have been sticking around that workplace which she didn't like, keeping her mouth shut and smiling for that paycheck.

Back