Eliza Dushku got paid $9.5 million by CBS for allegedly getting "inappropriate comments"

lebron-james-splitter-block-side.gif

In the end, she really got paid $9.5 million for having no sense of humor.

No, in the end, you're full of shit

Makes a timeline and leaves off she was written off days after her complaint to the shows star, days after he requests a meeting with the higher-ups about her "sense of humor".

Somehow concludes those things aren't at all connected. CBS should have hired the TS as the independent council to review their handling of this and overall policies. He's clearly got the acumen.
image0021.jpg

TS, attorney at law.

He talked the DA down to life in prison for his client who had one unpaid parking ticket.

During the toast, Mr. Weatherly said he needed a “really beautiful woman” to grab a ticket for a raffle. “Eliza,” he said in front of everyone, according to the interview notes, “we need you, the most beautiful woman, to come grab the raffle ticket.”

Ms. Dushku, in her final moments as part of the “Bull” sphere, played along, although she felt “embarrassed and humiliated.”

Wow. I thought Michael Chiesa was fragile.

Why can't both be happening at the same time? Stuff like Harvey Weinstein is completely justified. Getting $10M for inappropriate comments seems like you're just taking advantage of other people's pain for your own personal gain.

If I'm following this correctly(I don't know, I'm just going by the posts in here), the payment seems to be more in line with wrongful dismissal. It's obviously a bit more complicated in Hollywood, with the various ways they can make you go away, but this all sounds similar to how it works in the real world. You complain about something and then get fired for speaking up, but the company frames it as something else. You lawyer up, prove your case that they're full of shit in why they fired you, and the company has to pay out.

If I'm following this correctly(I don't know, I'm just going by the posts in here), the payment seems to be more in line with wrongful dismissal. It's obviously a bit more complicated in Hollywood, with the various ways they can make you go away, but this all sounds similar to how it works in the real world. You complain about something and then get fired for speaking up, but the company frames it as something else. You lawyer up, prove your case that they're full of shit in why they fired you, and the company has to pay out.
yeah thats what i get for not reading the article before commenting

She wasn't fired. She was hired as a recurring character. The staff talked about possibly making her a regular. Which mind you is what they tell every recurring actor who isn't killed. After they decided not not make her a regular and this #MeToo shit came around, she decided to file a lawsuit and claim she wasn't made a regular because she complained about Weatherly telling some pretty tame jokes. Because of Les Moonves and problems they were having already, CBS paid the extortion money.

She wasn't fired. She was hired as a recurring character. The staff talked about possibly making her a regular. Which mind you is what they tell every recurring actor who isn't killed. After they decided not not make her a regular and this #MeToo shit came around, she decided to file a lawsuit and claim she wasn't made a regular because she complained about Weatherly telling some pretty tame jokes. Because of Les Moonves and problems they were having already, CBS paid the extortion money.

Nope you're wrong, but keep saying the same thing over and over.

It's funny watching you dig this hole.

Nope you're wrong, but keep saying the same thing over and over.

It's funny watching you dig this hole.

Whether it's sexual harrassment claims or white supremacist violence the TS will dig the deepest.

And to add the amount us so large because of the type of industry we are talking about. It was calculated by determining what she could have made had her options been exercised.

If she were the assistant manager of an IHOP we'd be talking a significantly lower figure.

And that amount is probably favorable to the studio since the subsequent findings by the independent council brought in would possibly have left them with some punitive liability if such cases went to trial as opposed to mediation.

Pretty simple fix though, don't write someone off a show for telling their coworker to knock off the grab ass. Especially when the harrassment is on tape and you do it days after the incident.

on set...

It tells you what is really pushing this #MeToo movement in the entertainment industry and it's not sexual harassment. It's money. Simple extortion. Only about half the absurd sum paid to extortionist liar Gretchen Carlson for her unproven allegations after they no longer wanted to employ her, but she got paid more than she would have after years of working on the show simply by accusing another actor of making suggestive comments.

And mind you, Eliza Dushku is the actress famous for having an on set affair with married "male feminist" Joss Whedon after he gave her a role on Buffy over many other actresses. One can imagine what she did to get that job and others. Perhaps her reputation precedes her and it's hard for other actors not to comment on it? She also accused two other people of sexual harassment during recent years, quite coincidentally after she's really started losing her looks and not getting any good roles.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/13/business/media/cbs-bull-weatherly-dushku-sexual-harassment.html
  1. you upset. it's not like that $9 million is yours.
  2. it's not like the men who own that $9 million would consider sharing it with you.
  3. it's not like these men would even consider you...a human.
  4. you really developing an emotional stake in men who would have you shot for walking too close to their limos.
  5. dude asked her to step into his rape van. something has got to give after that.
  6. it's the balance of her contract. they were going to give it to her anyway. this happens a LOT in "hollywood" when actors don't work well together and they both have power.
  7. do you even have enough money to buy ramen noodles for the weekend? LOL

on set...

It tells you what is really pushing this #MeToo movement in the entertainment industry and it's not sexual harassment. It's money. Simple extortion. Only about half the absurd sum paid to extortionist liar Gretchen Carlson for her unproven allegations after they no longer wanted to employ her, but she got paid more than she would have after years of working on the show simply by accusing another actor of making suggestive comments.

And mind you, Eliza Dushku is the actress famous for having an on set affair with married "male feminist" Joss Whedon after he gave her a role on Buffy over many other actresses. One can imagine what she did to get that job and others. Perhaps her reputation precedes her and it's hard for other actors not to comment on it? She also accused two other people of sexual harassment during recent years, quite coincidentally after she's really started losing her looks and not getting any good roles.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/13/business/media/cbs-bull-weatherly-dushku-sexual-harassment.html

I cant even imagine being someone who gets this upset at a woman who was rightly compensated for wrongful removal from her work, and being someone who defends a nazi that murdered a woman with a car.

You sound like an incel who should be on an fbi watch list.

I cant even imagine being someone who gets this upset at a woman who was rightly compensated for wrongful removal from her work, and being someone who defends a nazi that murdered a woman with a car.

You sound like an incel who should be on an fbi watch list.

Her white knight has arrived.

Now this is just hilarious. Have you ever held a job in your life? Everyone who has ever been employed should be filthy rich if you get paid $9.5 million for hearing some "inappropriate comments" in the workplace.

I guess maybe a surprising amount of people on Sherdog work in Woke places where everyone only talks about vegan recipes.
Lol now I understand why those stupid workplace videos and training exist. I’ve always wondered if anyone really doesn’t understand the simple sceneraios. It’s crazy that you don’t understand the article you posted and then are comparing it to another situation which is completely different than the one in question.

Lol now I understand why those stupid workplace videos and training exist. I’ve always wondered if anyone really doesn’t understand the simple sceneraios. It’s crazy that you don’t understand the article you posted and then are comparing it to another situation which is completely different than the one in question.

You are right. People at places I've worked, male and female regularly made extremely crude statements. And some guys did sexually harass some of the women. But even they didn't get outraged because no one took it too far. Certainly different than joking around on set.

All Weatherly did was crack jokes about some weird situations they put their two characters in. That anyone with any sense of humor at all would get, not become "offended and humiliated."

lol at anything being "Confidential" these days....

Wonder how this get leaked out? Also $9.5 Million for what again?

Man... how do I get one of these professional victim positions? Really....

Back