Eliza Dushku got paid $9.5 million by CBS for allegedly getting "inappropriate comments"

You are right. People at places I've worked, male and female regularly made extremely crude statements. And some guys did sexually harass some of the women. But even they didn't get outraged because no one took it too far. Certainly different than joking around on set.

All Weatherly did was crack jokes about some weird situations they put their two characters in. That anyone with any sense of humor at all would get, not become "offended and humiliated."
You seem to not understand the correlation between those comments and her losing out on work because of it

on set...

It tells you what is really pushing this #MeToo movement in the entertainment industry and it's not sexual harassment. It's money. Simple extortion. Only about half the absurd sum paid to extortionist liar Gretchen Carlson for her unproven allegations after they no longer wanted to employ her, but she got paid more than she would have after years of working on the show simply by accusing another actor of making suggestive comments.

And mind you, Eliza Dushku is the actress famous for having an on set affair with married "male feminist" Joss Whedon after he gave her a role on Buffy over many other actresses. One can imagine what she did to get that job and others. Perhaps her reputation precedes her and it's hard for other actors not to comment on it? She also accused two other people of sexual harassment during recent years, quite coincidentally after she's really started losing her looks and not getting any good roles.

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/12/13/business/media/cbs-bull-weatherly-dushku-sexual-harassment.html

You have issues man.

Deep seeded issues.

This thread should be stickied as a cautionary tale to the other idiots here who are outraged over something and contemplating starting a thread about it. It will not go well for you.

lol at anything being "Confidential" these days....

Wonder how this get leaked out? Also $9.5 Million for what again?

Man... how do I get one of these professional victim positions? Really....

Another member of the "I don't actually read the articles" club lol

You seem to not understand the correlation between those comments and her losing out on work because of it

Again. That's all speculation. She was hired as a recurring character for an arc. They "talked about" making her a regular. Which is certainly not uncommon. Virtually every actor playing a recurring actor says this. Then after she didn't get the role and this MeToo shit started, she saw a payday opportunity.

You are right. People at places I've worked, male and female regularly made extremely crude statements. And some guys did sexually harass some of the women. But even they didn't get outraged because no one took it too far. Certainly different than joking around on set.

All Weatherly did was crack jokes about some weird situations they put their two characters in. That anyone with any sense of humor at all would get, not become "offended and humiliated."

You keep leaving out the part where he got her fired.

You keep leaving out the part where he got her fired.

No I don't. You keep making it up. She was a recurring character whose arc was over, not a regular. She didn't get fired from anything.

Vague talk about maybe making her a regular doesn't equate to any kind of guarantee of anything. Any familiar with TV knows that actors playing recurring characters say all the time that the writers said their character might return or be made a regular. And if doesn't happen, they don't file lawsuits and assume it was due to outside reasons. Until now.

No I don't. You keep making it up. She was a recurring character whose arc was over, not a regular. She didn't get fired from anything.

Vague talk about maybe making her a regular doesn't equate to any kind of guarantee of anything. Any familiar with TV knows that actors playing recurring characters say all the time that the writers said their character might return or be made a regular. And if doesn't happen, they don't file lawsuits and assume it was due to outside reasons. Until now.

You learned this during your career as an employment lawyer?

Again. That's all speculation. She was hired as a recurring character for an arc. They "talked about" making her a regular. Which is certainly not uncommon. Virtually every actor playing a recurring actor says this. Then after she didn't get the role and this MeToo shit started, she saw a payday opportunity.
Again. That is the accusation, that she lost work because she complained about those comments. Wether that is true or not I’m not sure. Seems like CBS thinks there could be truth to it. If it’s true then she should be compensated. It’s rather simple.

You learned this during your career as an employment lawyer?

Anyone who has ever watched a TV series know this. If you don't understand the difference between a recurring character and a regular on a TV show, you should really pass on this one.

Again. That is the accusation, that she lost work because she complained about those comments. Wether that is true or not I’m not sure. Seems like CBS thinks there could be truth to it. If it’s true then she should be compensated. It’s rather simple.

More like given the situation that was going on, which she took advantage of, they felt that refusing to pay her and having it become a big public battle was worse than just paying her the shakedown money. They already had to deal with the Les Moonves thing, they chose to just pay her off. There's a reason some call it the #MeToo Mafia.

And I don't feel sorry for CBS, they helped create this situation. But it's the message being sent and the precedent it's set. Oh, the network didn't pick up your show or you weren't asked back for the next season? Just tell a story about some joke you heard another actor say and collect.

More like given the situation that was going on, they felt that refusing to pay her and having it become a big public battle was worse than paying her the shakedown money. They already had to deal with the Les Moonves thing, they chose to just pay her off. There's a reason some call it the #MeToo Mafia
And that’s why a boss shouldn’t make inappropriate comments.
<seedat><TheDonald><Y2JSmirk>
He opened himself up to this situation. It’s completely plausible that what Eliza is saying is true. If he doesn’t say anything inappropriate then there’s no possibility of retaliation. Either way, we don’t know but when you break workplace ethics these are the repercussions.

Anyone who has ever watched a TV series know this. If you don't understand the difference between a recurring character and a regular on a TV show, you should really pass on this one.

Ok so that's a big no on Employment Law.

Perhaps you're more versed in Bird Law?

I'd do many inappropriate things to Eliza Dushku.

lol at anything being "Confidential" these days....

Wonder how this get leaked out? Also $9.5 Million for what again?

Man... how do I get one of these professional victim positions? Really....

First thing you do is read the article

Second thing you do is get wrongfully terminated

Ok so that's a big no on Employment Law.

Perhaps you're more versed in Bird Law?
tumblr_ov5ke3k0fi1u2ragso4_500.gif

"Again. That's all speculation."

this goofball actually typed those words about someone else's post.

hall of shame this

And that’s why a boss shouldn’t make inappropriate comments.
<seedat><TheDonald><Y2JSmirk>
He opened himself up to this situation. It’s completely plausible that what Eliza is saying is true. If he doesn’t say anything inappropriate then there’s no possibility of retaliation. Either way, we don’t know but when you break workplace ethics these are the repercussions.

Right. Cracking jokes on set is too much risk these days. What a world.

Back