Media Edwards doesn't want to fight in July

I get it. He doesn't want to do back to back camps. Hardly any champions do.

Of course, hardly any champions have their next contenders and the date uncle Dana wants them to fight picked out by the night you have your first defense.

UFC not exactly being subtle about wanting that belt off of Leon ASAP, but good on Rocky for not continuing to eat whatever shit they shovel at him.

It will be hilarious when he makes them wait til October for him to defend against Colby, and then beats him. They'll probably book his next opponent the night of then as well

Fuck, I'd love for that scenario to come to fruition. For all the times they've tried to push for UK stars, it's a bit confusing that they seem to want Leon out of the picture ASAFP. Here's to hoping Rocky kicks Colby's head into the third row.

Fuck, I'd love for that scenario to come to fruition. For all the times they've tried to push for UK stars, it's a bit confusing that they seem to want Leon out of the picture ASAFP. Here's to hoping Rocky kicks Colby's head into the third row.
I think the problem is Leon isn't a natural star. He wasn't even popular in the UK until he won the belt unfortunately.

He got booed in England against Gunnar Nelson just a few years before.

As long as he holds the belt they can do PPVs in the UK and get massive live gates, but a big UK live gate still doesn't translate to the amount of money that 4-500k ppv buys will do in the states if Colby is champ.

Let's not forget Leon wasnt even supposed to be the champ right now. Khamzat was supposed to be the champ.

He was supposed to fight Usman but they felt he wasnt ready after almost being planked by Burns. So they gave Usman Edwards as a stop gap defense while they groomed Khamzat for stardom and a title shot by giving him the biggest draw at 170 who he was supposed to smash, Nate Diaz.

Everything fucked Dana's plans up. First Leon flatlined Usman in one of the most memorable moments in UFC history, forcing an immediate rematch. Then Khamzat fucked up his end of the bargain by missing weight by almost 10 pounds and jeopardising a card built entirely around him.

Now Khamzat is a 185er and they are stuck with a champ who was supposed to be an easy defense to keep their champion busy.

Putting you on ignore, can't read "prolly" any more. Its the height of stupidity. Probably really isn't a difficult word to spell.
ok bye! get the stick of your fucking ass this is an internet message board .

Every guy "just won it and makes demands". Stop acting like this is unique just because you dislike Leon.
BS. and I don't dislike Leon, I rooted for him against Kamaru, don't make shit up.

I wish every champ was as active as Adesanya.

God , you are intellectually challngned, me thinking Leon should defend against anyone , doesn't make me a Colby fan.
It does when the issue is the date of the fight more than the opponent and you keep ignoring that info. A fight in July would be Edwards 4th fight in 13 months. That is busy as hell especially for a champion who fights 5 round fights.

Why should Edwards fight 4 times in 13 months especially for a guy who hasn't fought in over a year and turned down multiple fights while healthy, what you are saying only makes sense if you are a Colby nut hugger who can't be logical about the situation.

He has said he will fight in October but not July, I'm pretty sure I've told you this already as have others. Do you just selectively ignore stuff so you can claim he's ducking Colby?
No, he said that he doesn't want to fight Colby, he never said that he wants to fight Colby in October. Please read carefully before responding.

No, he said that he doesn't want to fight Colby, he never said that he wants to fight Colby in October. Please read carefully before responding.
He said he will fight in October and he hasn't said he won't fight Colby in October. He has said he won't fight Colby in July. You're the one that needs to read carefully cause you keep ignoring the main issue is the date of the fight.

It does when the issue is the date of the fight more than the opponent and you keep ignoring that info. A fight in July would be Edwards 4th fight in 13 months. That is busy as hell especially for a champion who fights 5 round fights.

Why should Edwards fight 4 times in 13 months especially for a guy who hasn't fought in over a year and turned down multiple fights while healthy, what you are saying only makes sense if you are a Colby nut hugger who can't be logical about the situation.
I disagree with your premise, that simple. Right after it was suggested that he fights Colby he rejected it WHEN DATES WEREN'T EVEN DISCUSSED YET. are you refuting this?

Well I kinda get him because he waited so long for a title shot since Jorge and Colby both got theirs before him + a rematch.
And lol now he gotta face Colby because a significant portion of the UFC's fanbase are bigots.

Now I feel that Edwards should be confident against Colby. Like almost gladly accepting the fight. Probably is a money and needing some rest time problem.
I find hard to believe that he'd refuse the Colby fight because he REEEAALLLY wants to settle that Belal Muhammad eyepoke NC.
Playing the race card nice job. Maybe a large portion of the ufcs fan base just likes WWE style trash talk and United States wrestle boxers

He can do what he wants for up to a year, that’s very reasonable. Championship fights should be on a different scale than regular fights.

Does it really make any difference? Colby getting an undeserved title shot does nothing but hold up the division and is a huge slap in the face to the guys who have actually won fights within the past 12 months. If you want to talk about what’s fair and what isn’t, Colby getting the shot has to be at the top of the unfair list
I can tell by how triggered you are that your are either a nerd or a virgin..... Most likely both

Back