Eddie Bravo on Ari Bolden

I couldn't have said it better myself.

These people with the "This BJJ school isn't under this affiliation so it's a mcdojo" BS really need to spend less time crying on the forums and more time actually training BJJ...

exaaaaactly. but some people would rather be 100-0 on sherdog and 2-17 IRL, thereby forever having to forgo using their real names (lest you do a fight finder check and see what they are really about), continuing to suck at life and kick ass online with hardcore names like "VIPER" or something equally lame. :D

are you fucking retarded?

I never said denny's gym was a mcdojo. I never said all 10th planet gyms are mcdojos.

My point is that denny is, in fact, a legit competitor and is very good by all accounts. But to use him to prove that 10th planet jj is amazing, when 10th pjj is all about "never use the gi, the gi sucks, its pointless" when its obvious (as you demonstrated) that denny trained extensively in the gi.

Is that simple enough? How bout this - Denny has trained a lot in the gi. Using him to prove that 10th planet is an amazing system is like using eddie bravo as an example - both trained a ton in the gi and i personally believe it is a large contributor to their skill level.

here's the thing. I was making the point to some other guy who said ALL 10PL = MCDOJO, that in fact ALL 10PL =/= MCDOJO, i.e. take it on a case by case basis.

After that post, you came in out of nowhere with the pic of Denny in a gi, just proving my point that 10PL in SF with Denny is not like whatever pre-conceived notion you have about the system as a whole.

My point was never that "10th Planet is amazing!!" so you are basically pulling that out of your ass, since I never made that statement nor insinuated as such, only that lumping Denny's 10thPL with Ari's is unfair, since Denny competes at a high level and does very well, respects and cross trains in the gi, etc.

we are NOTHING like whatever the hell you describe with all that "our style rulez!!, pay you for belts, the gi sucks!" deuchebaggery and that's all I'm gonna say about that. i don't know Ari, and could give a shit less, really, let the man make his living, if you want to be critical of his technique and methods, so be it, I don't give a shit, I don't train with the guy, and neither do you. You think you can do it better, than fuckin do it, make your own videos and stop crying about what the next man is doing.

you probably won't hear what I'm saying and just set up another fallacy laden straw man argument that I never made because you are a hard headed donkey. I'll just continue to enjoy training nogi with a legit competitor and great coach.

here's the thing. I was making the point to some other guy who said ALL 10PL = MCDOJO, that in fact ALL 10PL =/= MCDOJO, i.e. take it on a case by case basis.

After that post, you came in out of nowhere with the pic of Denny in a gi, just proving my point that 10PL in SF with Denny is not like whatever pre-conceived notion you have about the system as a whole.

My point was never that "10th Planet is amazing!!" so you are basically pulling that out of your ass, since I never made that statement nor insinuated as such, only that lumping Denny's 10thPL with Ari's is unfair, since Denny competes at a high level and does very well, respects and cross trains in the gi, etc.

we are NOTHING like whatever the hell you describe with all that "our style rulez!!, pay you for belts, the gi sucks!" deuchebaggery and that's all I'm gonna say about that. i don't know Ari, and could give a shit less, really, let the man make his living, if you want to be critical of his technique and methods, so be it, I don't give a shit, I don't train with the guy, and neither do you. You think you can do it better, than fuckin do it, make your own videos and stop crying about what the next man is doing.

you probably won't hear what I'm saying and just set up another fallacy laden straw man argument that I never made because you are a hard headed donkey. I'll just continue to enjoy training nogi with a legit competitor and great coach.

You're so defensive with rage that you didn't even understand what Anaconda is saying by posting that pic or his following post.

He didn't question Denny's school. He's just not going to give credit to Denny's grappling ability solely to the 10th Planet system. He obviously trained in a gi all the up to at least brown(and with one of the best in the world).

So we are still waiting for someone to represent 10th planet who was brought up through 10th planet, not someone like Denny(who also trains in the gi), Vinny, Aoki, George S. (who already are all accomplished grapplers before training with Eddie). I'm sure there are some real solid guys, but none are setting the grappling world on fire like Eddie claims.

I understand that you don't associate your school with the other 10th planet schools, so you don't need to defend them (Ari, B Quick, etc...). So this really isn't your fight...unless you want to defend the 10th planet system. but it sounds liek you don't.

I don't believe 10thpjj says that the GI is pointless and terrible they just don't like it. I don't like relish on my hot dogs. Does that mean I'm gonna firebomb a pickle mashing factory and make fun of anybody I see with relish on their dog? No. Just means I'm not eat my dog relish-less.

Like the good Lord intended.

exaaaaactly. but some people would rather be 100-0 on sherdog and 2-17 IRL, thereby forever having to forgo using their real names (lest you do a fight finder check and see what they are really about), continuing to suck at life and kick ass online with hardcore names like "VIPER" or something equally lame. :D

Except for the fact that the vast majority of people who dog on Ari here post their real names and their real competition videos.

and no his guys get killed in tournaments

they don't compete anymore cause they all lose

^ Actually that one kid red has won a few matches. Im more impressed with his skills than Ari's.

You're so defensive with rage that you didn't even understand what Anaconda is saying by posting that pic or his following post.

He didn't question Denny's school. He's just not going to give credit to Denny's grappling ability solely to the 10th Planet system. He obviously trained in a gi all the up to at least brown(and with one of the best in the world).

So we are still waiting for someone to represent 10th planet who was brought up through 10th planet, not someone like Denny(who also trains in the gi), Vinny, Aoki, George S. (who already are all accomplished grapplers before training with Eddie). I'm sure there are some real solid guys, but none are setting the grappling world on fire like Eddie claims.

I understand that you don't associate your school with the other 10th planet schools, so you don't need to defend them (Ari, B Quick, etc...). So this really isn't your fight...unless you want to defend the 10th planet system. but it sounds liek you don't.

he didn't question Denny's school, but the other guy did. I only posted to say Denny's gym is NOT a mcdojo as someone claimed ALL 10pljj gyms to be. He replied to my post in a condescending, douchey manner, and basically agreed with me that Denny is legit, and went off like we were disagreeing about something, when it appears we were not.

so basically there were two things wrong with your post, otherwise it's on the money.

1) the defensive with rage comment: if i was mad, maybe it's because you missed where he called me a retard when he was replying to my post like a jerk when all I said is Denny's 10thpljj =/= Ari 10thpljj 'nuff said about that.

2) he replied to a post of mine where my only dog in the fight is that I take issue with Denny's gym being lumped in with Ari's. I never made the statement that the 10th Planet system is what made Denny a great competitor and coach, I actually said the OPPOSITE, so why even make that argument with me. Preaching to the choir if you actually read what I wrote.

Except for the fact that the vast majority of people who dog on Ari here post their real names and their real competition videos.

I don't know shit about Ari nor do I care to. I train with Denny. What part of that don't you guys understand.

I don't know shit about Ari nor do I care to. I train with Denny. What part of that don't you guys understand.

What I don't understand is why you bumped a 4 month old thread about Ari Bolden that was a blight on this forum 4 months ago when you don't even have anything to say about Ari Bolden.

I don't believe 10thpjj says that the GI is pointless and terrible they just don't like it. I don't like relish on my hot dogs. Does that mean I'm gonna firebomb a pickle mashing factory and make fun of anybody I see with relish on their dog? No. Just means I'm not eat my dog relish-less.

Like the good Lord intended.

word. it makes more sense for a wrassler like myself.

What I don't understand is why you bumped a 4 month old thread about Ari Bolden that was a blight on this forum 4 months ago when you don't even have anything to say about Ari Bolden.

i read this thread, saw people saying all 10thpl = mcdojo's and I wanted to say Denny's gym is no mcdojo.

does it make sense now?

There are 3 Ari Bolden threads on the front page. More people who come to this section probably know who he is than know who Braulio Estima is

damn the internet is hilarious.

fourfif ,I haven't figured out who you are yet, but you must know me

anyway, I have trained with Denny for well over 3 years. he trained fully in Gi till mid blue when he left Charles. he hasn't since. the seminar with MG....he wanted to train both daays. if you were a strict Gi player, would you not go to the nogi day? I train in the Gi as well and Denny is cool with anything, whether or not he does it.

SO.. ari sucks
Denny would be high level jiu jitsu if he trained in a paper bag
Eddie is a marketing genius cause you knuckleheads won't stop talking about him( no such thing as bad publicity)
you guys should train more

i read this thread, saw people saying all 10thpl = mcdojo's and I wanted to say Denny's gym is no mcdojo.

does it make sense now?

Meh. Not really. Why start a fight with a guy from 4 months ago who has 1) posted only once in the grappling forum since then, and 2) who was himself bumping a month-old thread when he made his comment? Are you really that offended? If you were perusing the last 4 months of grappling forum material, you should be well aware of the fact that Prokopos has a good reputation around here and gets plenty of respect from most people. Let it go.

SO.. ari sucks
Denny would be high level jiu jitsu if he trained in a paper bag
Eddie is a marketing genius cause you knuckleheads won't stop talking about him( no such thing as bad publicity)
you guys should train more

Tiger Woods disagrees. Otherwise, I agree with your basic premise - less gossiping more grappling.

Meh. Not really. Why start a fight with a guy from 4 months ago who has 1) posted only once in the grappling forum since then, and 2) who was himself bumping a month-old thread when he made his comment? Are you really that offended? If you were perusing the last 4 months of grappling forum material, you should be well aware of the fact that Prokopos has a good reputation around here and gets plenty of respect from most people. Let it go.

word. I just noticed alot of Ari threads in here and wanted to clarify that point.

mah bad :icon_chee

I know Carlos Gracie Jr. doesn't AT ALL..and said he will not recognize any belt from that particular program. Drac doesn't understand how it will work either. He said having an online training session is good..but awarding belts shouldn't be allowed IHO and I agree.

I got a belt through GU. I tested in person. I went to GB countryside Il and GB Ballard Seattle and tapped all their white belts (strips and no stripes) on that same trip.

My belt is legit as far as I'm concerned. The point of the blue belt, according to Helio Gracie, is that you can defend yourself in the street. I can do that. I have done that.

But, despite being a novice, I have an opinion. Training martial arts is more than being able to kick someone's ass. It took me 2 years to prepare my test AND I was training at a real school. Hayashi's MMA in El Paso, TX. I've heard that in GB and other schools, 18 mos is par for blue. Maybe I'm wrong but I put in the time, sweat and effort. I earned it, I assure you.

I don't care if no one respects it or whatever. As far as I'm concerned, it's about mat time and honest dedication. Eddie Bravo says that and as a musician, I say that too. I don't care if you taught yourself (like Cro Cop did) or went to a 'real' school (like many of you probably had), what you've done, you've done and no one can take that from you.

I'm aware that had I been able to train at a traditional BJJ school, I might be better but my school didn't have that.

I was in the Army, got exposed to 'combatives' and as soon as GU was released, I signed up and I'm happy I did.

If I have to fight white belt at tournaments, so be it. But I will have more training time than most of the people at that level.

Let the disrespect commence.

Edit: And just to piss more people off, I'm gonna post my lineage in my sig. Haters beware!

Last edited:
Back