Eddie Bravo on Ari Bolden

I say give this all a break. I'm not a fan of 10th Planet, but people on here take this belt stuff too seriously.
There is no regulatory body in BJJ , although IBJJF is trying, so you can argue about belts and their "legitimacy" all you want.
If I get a JD or PHD, its easy to verify.
I hate when people say "legit ... Belt". According to whom?
Whenever I meet someone and they talk up a game, I say:" Let's roll.".At least I can see how that person does on the mat.

All the 10th Planet stuff has been very entertaining lately.

I agree with most of this, although its sherdog man. Every forum has their topic. We have EB and 10thplanet. standup has Machida, the Heavyweights have Brock Lesnar, TUF has kimbo. the list goes on yeah it gets boring but thats the way it is. If you wanna fight back make your own thread!

war eddie!!!!

Dude, take it easy.

Eddie made his own bed and is lying in it.

Eddie started 2 threads on MMA UG regarding BQ and Ari and gave all the informations possible.

He never once defended them on the thread that he started.

Just because Jorge Gurgel's name got pulled into this I thought I would add:

I train at a Jorge Gurgel affiliate in Canada. Jorge is up at least twice a year to train students at 2-day seminars and promotions are only done by Jorge.

Some serious students, instructors and MMA fighters go down to Cincinatti periodically to train with Jorge as well.

I would assume Jorge accepted the previous ranks people had earned at the gym ( we used to be under De La Riva,) but he also got to see the person's skills first hand.

Not passing judgement on Eddie here, just thought it might help to clarify since Jorge's name was brought into this debate.

lol...hes Eddie Bravo...hes a pot head...not a fortune 500 business owner..it all makes PERFECT sense to me.

haha so true, but at the same time Eddie is one of those pot heads who works when it's time to work. That's obvious just from the amount of work he's put into BJJ. Forget everything else he's accomplished. I can understand eddie not caring about his students lineage. When it comes to affiliates though I just don't see any reaason why he wouldn't check. He could easily search the web and make calls while he's smoking a bowl I do it all the time. It's not like he has to go fly out to the guys school or anything. He could make these guys provide some sort of proof.

lol...hes Eddie Bravo...hes a pot head...not a fortune 500 business owner..it all makes PERFECT sense to me.

It's like the time I insisted that marijuana impairs your judgment and all the stoners got mad at me.

Of course it impairs your judgment. Eddie affiliated with Ari Bolden and Brandon Quick. That could be an anti pot commercial right there.

"Ari Bolden -- he's MY anti drug."

Of course it impairs your judgment. Eddie affiliated with Ari Bolden and Brandon Quick. That could be an anti pot commercial right there.

"Ari Bolden -- he's MY anti drug."

HAHAHAHA.

I can envision this commercial.

Ari's Dog: You just sit their all day and work on Rubber Guard. When are you gonna take a walk with me and learn some side control escapes?

I like the name dropping of Vinny Mag and George Satiropolous

Right, are these dudes seriously affiliated with 10thp? How much involvement do they have? If Vinny Mags is a convert to the church of 10thp he would be a way better clinic guy than Quick. Eddie is throwing around a lot of other people names.

okay answer it then
http://www.sherdog.net/forums/f12/i...-hosting-him-998230/index24.html#post31698958

normally keep my mouth shut on this because I know Ari a bit, I used to pop down to his SD school he had years ago once and awhile. We have been on decent terms and I really feel no animosity towards him at all. However, there is so much misinformation flying around that I want to set the record straight (as far as I know it). I first heard of Ari when he was bouncing at this shithole club called Wastelands. It was the kind of place you used to go for cheap beer, cheaper women and fights. They had this huge hungarian dude named Tony Dobos, who was an asshole and a real tough guy. Later I heard he was teaching SD in town and in those days I was much more tied into the local community plus I was writing a lot about SD and military style combatives. I decided to pop by and have a chat with him because in those days there were about 3 of us teaching any sort of RBSD in vic.

When I first met him, he told me that he had a BB (nidan IIRC) in KI aikido. Initially he was doing straight RBSD stuff. He hooked up a business arragement with another Local Darren Laur (who is excellent BTW) and created a website that featured Darrens articles and other RBSD stuff. After this he started with a Bujutsu academy. When i talked to him about this he told me he really liked the traditional aspect of the Martial arts and decided to go that route. At this time he marketed himself as a Daito-Ryu Aikijujutsu BB as well as his Aikido one. He told me that he got it from a Fella named Kentai Takahashi. I did some digging and he is not known among any of the AJJ people I talked to including a number of well known guys in Japan like Stanely pranin. But AJJ is pretty fractured right now and is kind of hard to find, so I gave him the benefit of the doubt. As far as I know this is the JJJ bb he speaks of.

As long as I have known Ari, he has been interested in MMA and grappling. He has also been trying to turn his interest in the Martial Arts into a business. He has had the RBSD site, he started a clothing line, security and bouncing training company and now SUB101.

He now claims these on his site.
2nd Dan Black Belt:Goshin Jujutsu
2nd Dan Black Belt: Daito Ryu Jujutsu
1st Dan Black Belt:Aikido
Purple Belt: 10th Planet Jiu Jitsu

The only goshin jujutsu (goshin jitsu) that I know of is the Judo self defense kata. but I did find this with google. Goshin Jujitsu - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
and these:

Well said by Eddie. What he said there confirmed what I already thought

This is fucking worse that mcdojo. this is a systems with zero credibility. Any jagoff can claim a background in drunken monkeyshit quan fu do and get ranking in 10thp without any verification?

Its totally obvios Eddie will give rank to anyone he thinks can make him money. Mc-motha-fuggin-dojo. End of story.

You're so right.
Eddie could have a legitimate school, but wanted a whole "new system" of it's own. He did many short cuts to earn money based on a win over Royler Gracie, a fight he was down on points until he catched Royler with a basic triangle choke.
Brandon Quick, Ari Bolden, you name it. 10th Planet has become a scam and a McDojo.

You're so right.
Eddie could have a legitimate school, but wanted a whole "new system" of it's own. He did many short cuts to earn money based on a win over Royler Gracie, a fight he was down on points until he catched Royler with a basic triangle choke.
Brandon Quick, Ari Bolden, you name it. 10th Planet has become a scam and a McDojo.

Why are you posting in a thread that is over a month old and has been talked to death about.

You're so right.

okay, I'll name it.... DENNY PROKOPOS. If you call 10th Planet SF where teaches a mcdojo you're officially a blind def and dum hater of all things 10th Planet, and need to get your head out of your ass and/or the salt out of your vag.

okay, I'll name it.... DENNY PROKOPOS. If you call 10th Planet SF where teaches a mcdojo you're officially a blind def and dum hater of all things 10th Planet, and need to get your head out of your ass and/or the salt out of your vag.

"blind def and dum" classic :rolleyes:

while we're at it, do you mean this denny prokopos who is shown here wearing a *GASP* gi and brown belt training with Marcelinho?

P1000492.jpg

"blind def and dum" classic :rolleyes:

while we're at it, do you mean this denny prokopos who is shown here wearing a *GASP* gi and brown belt training with Marcelinho?

He would be the last person to tell you not to train in a gi, so don't start insinuating stupid bullshit.

"*GASP*!!1z/pwnt!" wtf. That was a real bitch like expression to go along with a real bitch move if that was your intention, because that's the furthest thing from the truth.

Denny obviously has a legit bjj background, and continues to train in the gi. I have personally trained WITH A GI in judo and bjj with he and my high school buddy and 4x national champ and 1x olympic alternate in judo, mike pechina. Plus he cross trains wrestling. he's just trying to make a living doing what he loves, competing and coaching in nogi, and he happens to have chosen and incorporated the 10thPl system into his arsenal.

He's not a close minded jealousy fueled internet agitator like SOME people. *cough* you.

......so you're just proving my point that Denny's gym is NOT a mcdojo. All I'm saying (to the rational members of the grappling forum) is you can't lump his camp in there with the Ari's of the world.

He would be the last person to tell you not to train in a gi, so don't start insinuating stupid bullshit.

"*GASP*!!1z/pwnt!" wtf. That was a real bitch like expression to go along with a real bitch move if that was your intention, because that's the furthest thing from the truth.

Denny obviously has a legit bjj background, and continues to train in the gi. I have personally trained WITH A GI in judo and bjj with he and my high school buddy and 4x national champ and 1x olympic alternate in judo, mike pechina. Plus he cross trains wrestling. he's just trying to make a living doing what he loves, competing and coaching in nogi, and he happens to have chosen and incorporated the 10thPl system into his arsenal.

He's not a close minded jealousy fueled internet agitator like SOME people. *cough* you.

......so you're just proving my point that Denny's gym is NOT a mcdojo. All I'm saying (to the rational members of the grappling forum) is you can't lump his camp in there with the Ari's of the world.

I couldn't have said it better myself.

These people with the "This BJJ school isn't under this affiliation so it's a mcdojo" BS really need to spend less time crying on the forums and more time actually training BJJ...

are you fucking retarded?

I never said denny's gym was a mcdojo. I never said all 10th planet gyms are mcdojos.

My point is that denny is, in fact, a legit competitor and is very good by all accounts. But to use him to prove that 10th planet jj is amazing, when 10th pjj is all about "never use the gi, the gi sucks, its pointless" when its obvious (as you demonstrated) that denny trained extensively in the gi.

Is that simple enough? How bout this - Denny has trained a lot in the gi. Using him to prove that 10th planet is an amazing system is like using eddie bravo as an example - both trained a ton in the gi and i personally believe it is a large contributor to their skill level.

Back