Eddie Alvarez would smoke Conor.

Id wager a more complete grappler and fighter though. Takedown for takedown chad is better but once it hits the mat eddie will know what to do and wont get tired.

I agree, I think Eddie does more with this wrestling than Chad. Chad's TD's are more powerful, but I think Eddie makes better use of his wrestling as a whole. Chad is more of the classic wrestler/boxer, while Eddie is more well wounded IMO

155lbs McGregor is yet to be seen in the UFC. Both fighters are very skilled but to say one would easily beat the other is foolish
Exactly, check out Paddy 'the baddy' Pimblett, hes a Liverpudlian FW that is destined for the UFC and is destined for big things, hes a nutter.

his tdd wasn't crap, of course one of the best wrestlers in mma is going to take his opponents down doofus, that's was the first time he faced a wrestler and it was one of the best, he still stopped some td and got the finish, silva got wrestlefucked by chael

Beast, that's all you had to say, man. You gave Conor a bunch of caveats, but offered none for Chad. CM did stop a couple of TD's, he did better than I thought he was going to do, but fight was under odd circumstances.

Conor would absolutely destroy Alvarez.

As would the top 5 of the LW division.

155lbs McGregor is yet to be seen in the UFC. Both fighters are very skilled but to say one would easily beat the other is foolish
Not a Conor fan, but I agree with you. I do agree with Eddie that Conor is not a 5 (championship) round fighter yet...if ever.

You are the one who is delusional if you think eddie can hang with conor on the feet. The guy just wings wild punches conor would outstrike him easily he has the superior boxing its really not a secret. Eddies only chance to win is lay and pray
He did it to Pettis. He could probably do that to Conor too.

Chad cuts from 160. He couldn't just easily make BW. While I agree there is still obviously a size difference, Chad's style of wrestling is different and more beneficial against Conor, and the man is a better wrestler than Eddie is too. Conor would have an even easier time with that bum, that would be KOed within one, and the reality is he'd be better prepared than the Mendes fight this time too.

You are the one who is delusional if you think eddie can hang with conor on the feet. The guy just wings wild punches conor would outstrike him easily he has the superior boxing its really not a secret. Eddies only chance to win is lay and pray
All Conor does is throw his left hand. Conor is more slugger than boxer. Alvarez is currently the UD. If they actually make the fight in putting cash on Alvarez.

Would be interesting. Alvarez is bigger than Mendes but not the same level of wrestler

0-75817

I do think Conor is the favorite if the fight was only on the feet but you are sleeping on Eddie if you think its insanely one sided. Alvarez has a fantastic chin/recovery and has only been stopped once by strikes. He's got huge power and Nate who doesn't even have a lot of power showed Conor can definitely be hurt at 155. I wouldn't be surprised to see Alvarez stop Conor with strikes, though I'd have Conor as like 65/35 or so favorite in the striking.

Wrestling and BJJ Eddie is a massive favorite in.

0-75817

I do think Conor is the favorite if the fight was only on the feet but you are sleeping on Eddie if you think its insanely one sided. Alvarez has a fantastic chin/recovery and has only been stopped once by strikes. He's got huge power and Nate who doesn't even have a lot of power showed Conor can definitely be hurt at 155. I wouldn't be surprised to see Alvarez stop Conor with strikes, though I'd have Conor as like 65/35 or so favorite in the striking.

Wrestling and BJJ Eddie is a massive favorite in.

They wouldn't know anything about Eddie Alvarez, most have them only know the UFC and they only started watching that maybe 1-2 years ago.

All Conor does is throw his left hand. Conor is more slugger than boxer. Alvarez is currently the UD. If they actually make the fight in putting cash on Alvarez.

He showed more diversity with his punches last fight, I thought. But I'm with you, I like Eddie in this one, I think he's a very live dog.

They wouldn't know anything about Eddie Alvarez, most have them only know the UFC and they only started watching that maybe 1-2 years ago.

Honestly I doubt most of them watch cards outside of Conor ones.

Well if he smokes a cigarette and calls it Conor, I guess you're right...
But Conor McGregor will dust him in the first.

If by 'smoke' you mean LnP him? maybe

Eddie is chinny as fuck and if that left hand of Conor touches him he's getting SLEPT.

Eddie's hands are to Conors as Conors wrestling is to Eddies wrestling. They both aren't even close. Fight could go either way

lol, the gap between Conor's wrestling, cardio and BJJ compared to Eddie's is huge, any gap in the striking is small.

Back