Eddie Alvarez would smoke Conor.

Scyther

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
You people are delusional if you think that Conor would beat a legit wrestler at 155. Just as with Dos Anjos Conor has a punchers chance at best. If this fight gets made Conor is in for another rude awakening and will be asking for another rematch.

Do you guys forget Conor had serious trouble with Chad Mendes with three weeks notice. The guy who barely stands above Joseph Benavidez and could easily make 135.

Chad+Mendes+Joseph+Benavidez+3rd+Annual+Fighters+GexcFUeDQ0Vl.jpg

Alvarez has incredible ccardio and has been in 5 round wars with other legit wrestlers. You remember what Alvarez did to Anthony Pettis a guy with good TDD and overall wrestling?

Take a look at how easily Chad takes Conor down. It was almost comically easy. Chad also began to gas out in the middle of round 1.

Just at 5:38 and 7:08 alone look at how easily Mendes took Conor down. It was like he was handling a baby.

Yeah we know that

I mean except for conor fans

Connie could beat him. Is a fight and Conor's got some great boxing. If he doesn't do it early though, Eddie runs through him like a hot knife through butter.

Would be interesting. Alvarez is bigger than Mendes but not the same level of wrestler

155lbs McGregor is yet to be seen in the UFC. Both fighters are very skilled but to say one would easily beat the other is foolish

Connie could beat him. Is a fight and Conor's got some great boxing. If he doesn't do it early though, Eddie runs through him like a hot knife through butter.
Alvarez has great boxing as well. His hands are really good.

Would be interesting. Alvarez is bigger than Mendes but not the same level of wrestler
Alvarez has to face much better wrestlers at 155. Against someone like Conor his wrestling would look amazing.

I agree. He's got a solid chin with very good recovery too. He just needs to fight smart early and mix it up so he doesn't get hurt early. Eddie has been doing great not going to war lately. Hopefully he would not do it here.

Punchers chance. I would favor Conor in the stand up but Eddie is tough and can resort to his wrestling. Eddie wouldn't even bother standing with him.

Conor would light him up on the feet, it would almost be unfair.. Conors striking is levels above eddies.

I agree. He's got a solid chin with very good recovery too. He just needs to fight smart early and mix it up so he doesn't get hurt early. Eddie has been doing great not going to war lately. Hopefully he would not do it here.
Like I mentioned in the OP Alvarez beat Pettis, he fought really smart and did the frowned upon thing and literally just stuck to Pettis and got the win. Conor does not have the wrestling Pettis does. People are overvaluing Connies performance against Diaz because he dropped him People have dropped the Diaz bros countless times. Nate has been dropped by Marcus Davis, Bendo, Cerrone, Thomson, and Guillard in his career. Connie has a punchers chance at best in this fight.

Nowhere near Conors level. Conor can ko him and quickly at that. Though, I saw what Alvarez done to Pettis, so that's always going to be a strong chance that's happening a lot. Infact it will when he's got any chance to do so.

Delusions of UFC hype.
You are the one who is delusional if you think eddie can hang with conor on the feet. The guy just wings wild punches conor would outstrike him easily he has the superior boxing its really not a secret. Eddies only chance to win is lay and pray

Nowhere near Conors level. Conor can ko him and quickly at that. Though, I saw what Alvarez done to Pettis, so that's always going to be a strong chance that's happening a lot. Infact it will when he's got any chance to do so.
We saw Conor get out boxed by a 125lb man, Eddie's boxing is better.

Not the new conservative Eddie, but the old rock em sock em Eddie would definitely play punch face with Conor.
Yea but he would certainly take punches as well. I guess if the fight goes that route it would go to the tougher guy.

Back