Dyson Vacuums. Worth it?

I bought the highest rated vacuum under $100 on amazon, it works well.

So the v8 absolute takes 5 hours to charge and only lasts 7 minutes on max settings lol. Good thing my place isnt too big. It lasts about 30mins on normal settings, which is more than I need. Very happy and vacuuming has never been so easy.

It has like 8 different attachments too

I've got two. A stand up and a stick. Love them both. Surely there's better options though, but I'm satisfied with mine.

I had a Dyson rep tell me to buy a refurbished or open box Dyson. He said 99% they have never even been used, and if they are, they are made brand new. Says you will save 70% right away. I did it 5 years ago, and mine is still going strong.

we had one of those shark stick style vacuums and also just needed another vacuum for someone else. i went to the store and bought a cheap compact bissell that was rated well. damn its a great little vacuum for 39.99...

I had a Dyson Ball for several years. 2 BIG issues: <1>Ever have a popcorn kernel on the carpet? Or something of similar size? The vacuum head on the Dyson Ball would never pick them up. Ever. There is no way to make the head tip back to get bigger items. Yes, you could whip out the wand pretty quickly and get the kernels, but that shit gets OLD. <2>Static shocks. The Dyson that I had would give you pretty regular static shocks. I've not had that be a common issue with any other vacuum.

And they need pretty hefty maintenance so they "never lose suction." You need a Shop-Vac to vacuum the dust and crud from the inner parts of the vacuum to keep the suction up.

I have a Shark now, as my secondary vacuum. My main is a Kirby. They Kirby is great! They have a modular design so they are easy on which to work. They are heavy-duty, with metal parts instead of plastic. They are stupid expensive, and I hate that I got one. But the damned thing just works great. My Shark is as good as the Dyson, at 1/4 to 1/3 the price.
Do you have the paint sprayer attachment for your Kirby.

Get a rainbow vacuum. You can use it as a bong.

Last edited:
Do you have the paint sprayer attachment for your Kirby.

No I do not. I was dumb enough to get the carpet shampoo-er attachment. That is a POS! It's like spraying Woolite carpet cleaner on the carpet and lightly fanning it with a brush. What a joke.

The Kirby salesmen did the Dyson trick, where you run a vacuum, then go over that spot with the Dyson... Except it was Dyson first, then the Kirby.

The Kirby won.

No I do not. I was dumb enough to get the carpet shampoo-er attachment. That is a POS! It's like spraying Woolite carpet cleaner on the carpet and lightly fanning it with a brush. What a joke.

The Kirby salesmen did the Dyson trick, where you run a vacuum, then go over that spot with the Dyson... Except it was Dyson first, then the Kirby.

The Kirby won.
You shoulda got the rainbow salesman to do a demo.

Get Miele or Sanitaire. Brands sold at chain stores are not very good.

I have 2 . The pet hair big mamajamma downstairs and a smaller one upstairs. My house is all hardwood with the exception of a few rugs and they work great . They are both 6-7 years old.

I dream of having a dyson. We got ourselves the eufy robovac. It's actually good with pet hair and carpet. But I still prefer the wifi ones so it can work with alexa.

No I didnt make a thread about a Roomba. I ended up finding a guy whos selling a brand new dyson v8 absolute cordless vacuum for $400. It retails for 700.

I like how its portable

HOLY SHIT YOU BURNED DA FOOK OUTTA DAT IDIOT!!

FUCK HIM, DAWG

WUTANG CLAN AIN'T NUTHIN TO FUCK WITH

INSANE CLOWN POSSE

FUCK A SHARK AND ROOMBA

POOR PIECES OF SHIT

I have 2 . The pet hair big mamajamma downstairs and a smaller one upstairs. My house is all hardwood with the exception of a few rugs and they work great . They are both 6-7 years old.
I use the robot vacuum cleaner. A very necessary thing

As the owner of a White German Shepard I can tell you that Sharks are pretty good. I bought my gf one for her birthday last year

Back