Dyson Vacuums. Worth it?

I've had a dyson for years and it works great...the cordless handheld is great too, it's really powerful...

Gotta second the comment on checking out miele if you are looking in that price point, but I own a dyson and its legit (especially if you need allergy specific stuff).

I have a Dyson Ball and it's awesome. I upgraded from a Dyson I had about 10 years ago and even though the new one is much smaller, it's way more powerful and sucks up everything. That said, the new one feels way more plasticy and cheap as far as the build is concerned. It definitely doesn't feel as well built and worth the price as they used to be.

I haven't tried Shark or any competitors so I can't really compare but if you want pure performance, the Dyson Ball is worth it. I would check eBay for new-in-box ones or even refurbs. You can save a ton of money.

Are you the same guy who made a thread about roomba? Dude, just get a roomba. It's way cheaper than $700. Or listen to the advice from that thread and get a wife!!!

She will know what kind of vacuum to get.
I made the Roomba thread. Still no robot maid in my life. Will you make me a sandwich?

<DCrying>

Dyson crew checking in. It's amazing and much better than a peasant Shark vacuum

Get one if you're not poor.

My housekeeper loves the Dyson.

I bought my wife the dyson hairdryer too!

Now Dyson needs to make a blender for breakfast smoothies.

I didn't see any significant difference between the Dyson and a Hoover that was like a quarter of the price. I returned the Dyson. Maybe if you have a dog that sheds a lot or have a lot of people in your place it might be worth it but no way was the price difference justified for me.

Totally worth it. My wife and I got one as a wedding gift, and havent had any issues with it. I think we only washed it out twice over the 8 years we owned it, but it seems to work just fine.

Hard no crew checking in
oAyNR_s-200x150.gif
His hair makes it look like he has devil horns.

My Dyson is the best eva and I didnt even pay for it... thanks to one of my dumbass neighbours who chucked it out in the belief it was goosed and all it needed was a new fuse. So definitely worth it for me.

Worth it. Great suction and the upright with the ball is very easy to maneuver.

Got mine refurbished from Dyson Outlet on eBay for ~$200

I got the cordless Dyson V8 Absolute about a month ago and my girlfriend says she’s never enjoyed vacuuming this much before, so don’t take my word for it, take hers

I just got my dyson v8 absolute, its charging now, it was brand new in the box for only 400 from this guy who put his mom in a home. Sweet deal for me!

Why does everyone have such tragic Dyson stories? lol

These threads are always tough to gauge.

People that like pissing away money, saying "you sound poor" have buyers bias. 'I spent so much money, so it has to be good. '

We're talking about a vacuum for christs sake. If you got that much of a problem, get a shop vac.

I had a Dyson Ball for several years. 2 BIG issues: <1>Ever have a popcorn kernel on the carpet? Or something of similar size? The vacuum head on the Dyson Ball would never pick them up. Ever. There is no way to make the head tip back to get bigger items. Yes, you could whip out the wand pretty quickly and get the kernels, but that shit gets OLD. <2>Static shocks. The Dyson that I had would give you pretty regular static shocks. I've not had that be a common issue with any other vacuum.

And they need pretty hefty maintenance so they "never lose suction." You need a Shop-Vac to vacuum the dust and crud from the inner parts of the vacuum to keep the suction up.

I have a Shark now, as my secondary vacuum. My main is a Kirby. They Kirby is great! They have a modular design so they are easy on which to work. They are heavy-duty, with metal parts instead of plastic. They are stupid expensive, and I hate that I got one. But the damned thing just works great. My Shark is as good as the Dyson, at 1/4 to 1/3 the price.

My Dyson is the best eva and I didnt even pay for it... thanks to one of my dumbass neighbours who chucked it out
Do you now use it to clean up all the other garbage you steal from your neighbors, trash man?

Had a Dyson and it died in two years. Was not impressed.

Back