Dyson Vacuums. Worth it?

Dyson crew checking in. It's amazing and much better than a peasant Shark vacuum

Get one if you're not poor.

You'll always have people that love Dyson and others that think it's a piece of crap and not worth the money. It just depends on your needs and budget. At that price point check out Miele too, especially if you don't mind canister vs upright and bagged vs bagless.

Are you the same guy who made a thread about roomba? Dude, just get a roomba. It's way cheaper than $700. Or listen to the advice from that thread and get a wife!!!

She will know what kind of vacuum to get.

I've never noticed a difference from a $700 vacuum to the $200.

No I didnt make a thread about a Roomba. I ended up finding a guy whos selling a brand new dyson v8 absolute cordless vacuum for $400. It retails for 700.

I like how its portable

giphy.gif

s-f76d21f111a756a3be7f06b039aed53bc9e015c9.gif

tumblr_nzsniiBMqN1rux51io1_540.gif

giphy.gif

i was tempted to pull the trigger the last time we were at costco. my dog is not a heavy shedder but you can see it accumulate after a week. anyone know how they compare to a heavy duty bissell?

i have hardwood floors. i broom and mop instead lol. sometimes i wish i had carpet.

I got a Dyson DC33 and I love it
That shot devours pet hair like a boss
When I first bought it I vacuumed my carpet with my old vacuum first and then went back over it with the Dyson to compare
After I was done the Dyson tub was completely packed full of dirt, dust, pet hair etc that my old vacuum was leaving behind
Money well spent

Im getting it delivered tonight. I saved nearly 400 buying it off some guy. Its still new in the box. Should be perfect.

Also thinking of upgrading razors. Braun series 9 are on sale for 250

I've owned two Pet Dyson vacuums. The first one lasted about 7 years, this one is going on it's 4th year I think. They are awesome for picking up pet hair, but they do use some cheap parts. I've had to replace multiple parts on both vacuums but they are really easy to work on. I vacuum 6 days a week do to OCD so I may over use the poor guy.

I dig mine. For whatever that's worth.

I have a Dyson V6 cordless. It's a beast.

It's not as efficient as it's price says it is. It's a vacuum thats maybe 5-8% better at sucking shit up than the other leading vacuums, but at a 200%-300% higher price.

Whatever you do, stay away from their fans. They work for a couple months and then shit the bed. They're barely fans to begin with and more of a cool science trick/gimmick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back