Dyson Vacuums. Worth it?

vintage electrostatic carpet sweeper checkin in

104.jpg

You'll always have people that love Dyson and others that think it's a piece of crap and not worth the money. It just depends on your needs and budget. At that price point check out Miele too, especially if you don't mind canister vs upright and bagged vs bagless.
As in check out Miele and not Dyson if you’re going to spend $700 on a vacuum. Dysons are marketing.

@therealdope and other Miele master race sherbro’s GTFIH

@therealdope and other Miele master race sherbro’s GTFIH

Germans working on vacuums since 1930, they've worked it all out.

Let's just start with the bags that store months of vacuuming while only incurring a slight pressure drop. No other vacuum does that. Slip ringed power brush so the hose never gets tangled. the thing is on casters. You may think this isn't a big deal but fixed rear wheels are just retarded once you've used a vacuum with casters. Hepa filter; the room air actually improves as you vacuum. Articulating brushes that make it simple to get under furniture and in tight spots.

If you can afford it, get a Miele.

MieleMainImages_WithAccessories_Marin_Compressed__23435.1448234088.880.680.jpg

Bagged vacuums are for people who don't have a real mess to clean up, or have a tiny tiny apartment.

Dyson crew checking in. It's amazing and much better than a peasant Shark vacuum

Get one if you're not poor.
I use a Miele. Maybe if my portfoilio takes a dip and I go back to being poor again I'll get a Dyson.

I think I have a Dyson V6. It’s fairly tough.

Germans working on vacuums since 1930, they've worked it all out.

Let's just start with the bags that store months of vacuuming while only incurring a slight pressure drop. No other vacuum does that. Slip ringed power brush so the hose never gets tangled. the thing is on casters. You may think this isn't a big deal but fixed rear wheels are just retarded once you've used a vacuum with casters. Hepa filter; the room air actually improves as you vacuum. Articulating brushes that make it simple to get under furniture and in tight spots.

If you can afford it, get a Miele.

MieleMainImages_WithAccessories_Marin_Compressed__23435.1448234088.880.680.jpg

Why are their high end canister vacuums 2-3x the price of their upright? Both state the same suction and hepa filter. I ask because I fucking hate canister vacuums and I'm not quite understanding the reason for the large price difference.

Why are their high end canister vacuums 2-3x the price of their upright? Both state the same suction and hepa filter. I ask because I fucking hate canister vacuums and I'm not quite understanding the reason for the large price difference.

TBF - they're not really an upright company.

You say you hate canister type vacuums, have tried a Miele? They get it all right.

TBF - they're not really an upright company.

You say you hate canister type vacuums, have tried a Miele? They get it all right.

I have not tried a Miele canister. I feel canisters are constantly in the way or constantly getting caught on stuff/corners. I have hated every one I've tried including a dyson.

No I didnt make a thread about a Roomba. I ended up finding a guy whos selling a brand new dyson v8 absolute cordless vacuum for $400. It retails for 700.

I like how its portable

What’s the horsepower on that bad boy?

Had a Dyson about a decade ago. It lasted a few years before random little bits started breaking. Now I'm a member of the Henry Master Race. It's got like 3 parts, is built like a tank and has a cheeky little smile for me every time i open the cupboard under the stairs. Once brexit kicks in we'll be allowed to put 4000w motors inside them and use them to strip the paint off the walls.

u_10027664.jpg

I have a little dirt devil canister type of vacuum and it does the trick.

A dyson hot/cold fan...now we talking

<{jackyeah}>

I have not tried a Miele canister. I feel canisters are constantly in the way or constantly getting caught on stuff/corners. I have hated every one I've tried including a dyson.

I have a full canister Miele that we bought for our home that we bought in 1998 and it is still working great. In 2009 I got one for the condo in another city. This time i bought one of the smaller canister units. the smaller unit has a shorter cord and hose and the power brush is air driven, rather than electric. Other than that, it's just fine.

You should go demo a Miele full canister. It's never in the way because of the slip ring power brush/wand connector and the articulation, it never seems awkward or in the way. The casters make a huge difference for moving it. The park feature for the wand is really useful too.

Im thinking of spending 700 on dyson ball + bonus trigger v6 cordless vacuum

https://www.walmart.ca/en/ip/dyson-...MI5NDJ-6CC2AIVDzBpCh3obgYGEAQYASABEgJJ6PD_BwE

Its hard to justify spending so much on a vacuum but it comes with the bonus vacuum making it a decent deal for dyson.

Anyone used one? Worth it?
I own the version of this that doesnt have the giant ball attached. We have a dog with the worst fucking white wire hair. The vacuum is fucking awesome. If you have the money, DO IT

I didn't see any significant difference between the Dyson and a Hoover that was like a quarter of the price. I returned the Dyson. Maybe if you have a dog that sheds a lot or have a lot of people in your place it might be worth it but no way was the price difference justified for me.
Had a dyson for years. When it was time to get a new vacuum the wife wanted a shark. Neither one of us notices a difference.

Back