Don't tell people to kill themselves

That's why I just tell everyone to suck a dick. If I'm to blame so be it. The world's a better place with more dick sucking.

I just tell people to type kill console in real life.

buy ''comedy nights'' on steam you will see what a fucked up game community rly is

I will say this - the game is genius. I’ll only watch it on YT but it’s genius. Some majorly fucked up shit going on in there.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we find our next big comedian that way.

I will say this - the game is genius. I’ll only watch it on YT but it’s genius. Some majorly fucked up shit going on in there.

Wouldn’t be surprised if we find our next big comedian that way.
yeah some people are rly funny but its 90% autists kids screaming in there mic

I agree but but it grates on people. Tongue in cheek or not, “kill yourself” is ridiculous language. People who sit there in the comfort of their home talking shit they’d never say in real life is sad. And I’d never report it or anything but even if that’s enough to send someone over the edge I’d rather not say it because it’s still toxic and unnecesary and makes you look like a twelve year old.

Part of the fun of online gaming (or the internet in general) is having a fun outlet for saying shit you'd probably never say in real life to a person. It's online f'n gaming - It's not meant to be taken super serious.

My buddy does this all the time; so does pretty much everybody. Most people don't mean it, but you still shouldn't say it. Some people act like douchebags and they know what they are getting into. If said douchebag gets told to kill himself, that doesnt bother me, and it shouldn't bother him either.

Sometimes if I have a fun game against somebody I will just send them a message saying GG. I have had a lot of people tell me to kill myself for that lol. Also I can whoop somebody and then I start getting spammed with party invites by some dork and his cronies, and they will tell me to kill myself. I really don't give a crap because it is just some dickhead who is mad that I am better than them, but I could see how a young kid could take it to heart. Some people are too sensitive in general also.

A lot of people start getting consumed in gaming so that they can escape things in real life. It would suck to be trying to escape things and then having some assholes harassing you, but gaming isn't a place where nice people congregate. You shouldn't let a nobody force you to take your life.

I've never said for somebody to kill themselves. I tell people that I hope their console explodes when they start bugging me.

Also, wtf is with kids calling everybody a kid? that drives me crazy

Howdy, my fellow Sherdoggers. Just wanted to get something off my chest tonight.

I've been gaming since the 90's, been playing playing multiplayer games since the mid 2000's (I'm in my late twenties if you must know). I've noticed a trend as of late -- I should say as of late loosely since it's been the last several years, maybe decade. But this trend is of increasing vitriol and just general meanness in multiplayer games. Now I'm not talking about shit-talking or trolling or even just being an asshole (go fuck yourself, you suck, eat shit noob, etc), I'm talking about personal attacks directing a person to go kill themselves, and it's getting out of hand.

I'm a grown ass man with a family and a good life, so saying that shit to me means nothing -- I mean obviously it bothers me, thus this post -- but imagine if I was a young teenager who was going through some shit? Imagine if I had clinical depression and today was just a bad day at the end of a long string of bad days? What if someone telling me to go kill myself was the last straw and I did it?

I hate the "do it for the children" argument that is too often the basis of weak arguments, and I'm a free-speech absolutist. I love me some good shit-talking, and the last thing I want are gaming companies over policing their forums or chats and killing their community. But telling someone to go kill themselves is not free speech, it's akin to yelling "fire" in a movie theater. Yes we should all be mentally strong enough to brush off someone saying "KYS" and just move on, but should be is not necessarily reality, and I don't want some 14-year old floundering on the edge of depression slitting their wrists because some jackass in a video game told them they sucked and should go kill themselves.

In Massachusetts there was a case recently of a girl who told her boyfriend to go kill himself and he did, and now she's going to prison, so there is now precedent for legal action against people who tell others to kill themselves and they go ahead and do it.

I guess what I'm asking is, if you have the urge to flame someone, just be a regular asshole about it. Tell them they suck, tell them to uninstall, whatever, but don't tell them to kill themselves, that's playing with fire, because if they DO kill themselves, they're dead, and you're now guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

That is all.

TL;DR: Don't tell someone to kill themself, it's like shouting "fire" in a theater, and you could be criminally liable if they commit suicide.

And in b4 "go kill yourself"
Ok, I'll use "I did ur mom lel" instead.

Btw, shit thread, I did ur mom, gg ez

Ok, I'll use "I did ur mom lel" instead.

Btw, shit thread, I did ur mom, gg ez
giphy.gif

Howdy, my fellow Sherdoggers. Just wanted to get something off my chest tonight.

I've been gaming since the 90's, been playing playing multiplayer games since the mid 2000's (I'm in my late twenties if you must know). I've noticed a trend as of late -- I should say as of late loosely since it's been the last several years, maybe decade. But this trend is of increasing vitriol and just general meanness in multiplayer games. Now I'm not talking about shit-talking or trolling or even just being an asshole (go fuck yourself, you suck, eat shit noob, etc), I'm talking about personal attacks directing a person to go kill themselves, and it's getting out of hand.

I'm a grown ass man with a family and a good life, so saying that shit to me means nothing -- I mean obviously it bothers me, thus this post -- but imagine if I was a young teenager who was going through some shit? Imagine if I had clinical depression and today was just a bad day at the end of a long string of bad days? What if someone telling me to go kill myself was the last straw and I did it?

I hate the "do it for the children" argument that is too often the basis of weak arguments, and I'm a free-speech absolutist. I love me some good shit-talking, and the last thing I want are gaming companies over policing their forums or chats and killing their community. But telling someone to go kill themselves is not free speech, it's akin to yelling "fire" in a movie theater. Yes we should all be mentally strong enough to brush off someone saying "KYS" and just move on, but should be is not necessarily reality, and I don't want some 14-year old floundering on the edge of depression slitting their wrists because some jackass in a video game told them they sucked and should go kill themselves.

In Massachusetts there was a case recently of a girl who told her boyfriend to go kill himself and he did, and now she's going to prison, so there is now precedent for legal action against people who tell others to kill themselves and they go ahead and do it.

I guess what I'm asking is, if you have the urge to flame someone, just be a regular asshole about it. Tell them they suck, tell them to uninstall, whatever, but don't tell them to kill themselves, that's playing with fire, because if they DO kill themselves, they're dead, and you're now guilty of involuntary manslaughter.

That is all.

TL;DR: Don't tell someone to kill themself, it's like shouting "fire" in a theater, and you could be criminally liable if they commit suicide.

And in b4 "go kill yourself"

Just play with other snowflakes and you will be fine.

Back