Don't forget that Strickland beat Pereira up when they trained together

d0g

Blue Belt
@Blue
Reaction score
After training with Pereira he said that Alex was "all offence, no defense" and that he won most of the rounds they sparred.

Interesting. I just remember Pereira beating that ass in the fight that mattered. It's on footage.

Strickland says alot of things so I stopped listening a while ago. Kinda like with Sonnen. Besides, it's just training. Moving on

That fight was absolutely hilarious. Sean got massively tagged to sleep by Alex. His eyes like instantly shoot up to the sky, then he collapses backwards, gets up and starts protesting while stumbling all over the place, lol. I don't see the rematch going well; moving into Alex just won't work.

Last edited:
That fight was absolutely hilarious. Sean got massively tagged to sleep by Alex. His eyes like instantly shoot up to the sky, then he collapses backwards, gets up and starts protesting while stumbling all over the place, lol. I don't see the rematch going well; moving into Alex just won't work.

In real life, Strickland was completely outclassed, and utterly destroyed.

Unlike Izzy, Alex is a warrior, aside from being technically-superior, and not afraid to throw down.

I doubt it really went down like that. Perreira prob felt bad after the ko and didnt want to give it his all in sparring

Call me pessimistic , I don't see Strickland defending that belt more than once or twice before someone takes it.

If you watch the fight closely, Sean was actually doing pretty decent on checking the calf kicks, which not many have shown that ability. But a tad just before the finish, you see Alex land 2 good calf kicks, clean as fuck on Sean. Sean then checks/moves out for the next one. Then Alex fakes the calf, which Sean lifts his left leg up, and then throttles him with the left hook. Those calf kicks set up everything for Alex. Its so deadly.

Back