When Brock showed he had no standup

brock arguably has the best hands in WWE you casual!!!
That honor belonged to The Undertaker…

The greatest pure striker in all of sports entertainment…

But he also had a great ground game…

the-undertaker-hells-gate.gif

jWh075.gif

HCOQmS.gif

Not really a fair assessment, Overeem kicked him right in the diverticulitis

who thinks we need a "SARA MCMANN APPRECIATION THREAD"???

his hands were actually pretty fast for a HW, he just didn't have enough experience and training to become a stable fighter.

It didn't get any bigger than that. So the tag line went

Hello, Bobby Boulders. Do you still have the gif of Keyra Augustina?

I'm referring to the gif that you used to have in your avatar. The one that shows a considerable number of Keyra's images.

Brock had nearly died from a severe case of diverticulitis, came back too early to fight Carwin, faced Cain just three months later (considering the long ass time between bouts champs have these days and Brock's bout with diverticulitis this was super soon for him, had a second flare up of diverticulitis the next year, then faced peak 'roided Ubereem Overeem later that year. Combine that with all the camp drama he had, he no longer had Erik Paulson or Matt Hume coaching him and just his old wrestling coach and Comprido, and didn't exactly have the highest level of training partners either.
You have to also remember he went into mma after a pro-wrestling career and years removed from his collegiate wrestling career, so he had to learn as he went a lot more than the already seasoned Overeem. It was more comparable to early mma guys (Ken Shamrock wrestled when he was younger then went into pro-wrestling and went into mma from that as well), just with more coaching (Ken learned submissions from Funaki and Suzuki).

I think without the whole diverticulitis thing Brock would have looked a lot better than he did against Carwin, Cain, and Overeem. He may have still lost the latter two bouts, but he would have both been healthier and better trained.

No standup because he lost to one of the best hw strikers of all time? Ok then.

s5d1W.gif

Thank you for posting this epic gif. I'm rather certain that this is the exact gif that I was looking for.

I wish that I could give you 275 Sherdog Likes.

269024.jpg

Your current avatar is also wonderful. I can't choose between the two. They're both great.

Last edited:
Bork wasn't that bad. If anything he was talented considering how little training he has. He doesn't have many fights either. He had maybe 3 years of training and he doesn't train outside of camp. There were maybe 5 training partners on his team and only 1 person can strike a little bit. Everyone else was somewhat limited like Brock.

I believe Overeem had around 50 fights by the time he fought Brock. There was no way post surgery Brock was going to be competitive on his feet with Overreem. Overeem not under USADA testing is a scary animal. He had issues trying to pass the single piss test after the fight.

Bork wasn't that bad. If anything he was talented considering how little training he has. He doesn't have many fights either. He had maybe 3 years of training and he doesn't train outside of camp. There were maybe 5 training partners on his team and only 1 person can strike a little bit. Everyone else was somewhat limited like Brock.

Who was that 1 person? Was it Pat Barry?

I know for a fact that Pat Barry helped Lesnar in one or two of Lesnar's training camps. Unless I'm mistaken, this era was when Pat Barry still had his own MMA fights to deal with.

Besides Pat Barry, the only assassin that I can think of is Tim Sylvia. Tim Sylvia said that he was in the same room with Lesnar and Tim insists that Lesnar absolutely despises being punched.

Tim Sylvia made it absolutely 100% clear that Lesnar can't withstand being hit.

scaled.0202_SPT_UFCPREV01_t653.jpg

Whenever I think of Lesnar and Tim Sylvia in the gym, this is the first image that appears in my mind. I still need to find a similar image of Lesnar and Pat Barry in the same photo.

The best thing would be if I could find a similar image with all three assassins in the same photo. Lesnar, Tim Sylvia, and Pat Barry.

Last edited:
Back