Donald's $1.75 T Infrastructure Plan

In this forum? I don't think so.

Also, why even bring Obama up in a thread about Trump's abysmal infrastructure plan?

Because he also thinks the idea Trump is proposing is stupid but can't bring himself to say anything negative about Trump so we will Obama then.

If Barack Obama was this stupid people would defend him? thats your argument?

He would not be that stupid, he always had a cadre of enablers to legalistically parse the truth to be whatever was needed.

Trump just declares blue as red and his enablers jump in line to say "yes master."

Barack Obama threw his hungry dogs of political war a bone to chew on most times.

In this forum? I don't think so.

Also, why even bring Obama up in a thread about Trump's abysmal infrastructure plan?

That's not how I remember it.

The judges gave a few 10 out of 10 ratings for mental gymnastics over HCR, Stimulus 1, and things as transparently stupid as Libya.

One good partisan hypocrisy does not "trump" the other because the emperor dresses in slightly better clothes.

He would not be that stupid, he always had a cadre of enablers.

That's not how I remember it.

The judges gave a few 10 out of 10 ratings for mental gymnastics over HCR, Stimulus 1, and things as transparently stupid as Libya.

One good partisan hypocrisy does not "trump" the other because the emperor dresses in slightly better clothes.
Unnecessary bothsideism rears its ugly head once again.

Not true. Obama faced massive political opposition which prevented infrastructure spending.
Of course he did and surely dems will line up to bitch about Trump's, but if a president wants to get something done and he has the support of the nation he damn well can get it done. The president is the biggest swinging dick in the room and when he speaks people listen. Playing politics by casting blame on the other side is not a good excuse.

The nation's infrastructure is crumbling. Stop making excuses and get it done.

It sounds customarily stupid.

And if Barack Obama was for the same kind of say stimulus package a lot of those decrying this action would be lining up to pay tribute to the package.
But that wasn't his infrastructure plan, right?

I think you have a bit of circular reasoning here. If Obama did stupid things (like Trump) he would not have had the support he had. He had support because he's a really smart guy with some good ideas.

Well, infrastructure is not a new issue and it's not something Obama considered too pressing. On one hand you gotta hand it to Trump for acknowledging the problem, on the other he's doing little more than slightly raising awareness to the issue.

Really?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli.../gIQACXjajM_story.html?utm_term=.e842ae25550a

Remember the Republicans were extreme obstructionist during Obama tenure. Many people on the right forget this simple fact and lay blame on Obama for nothing getting accomplished when it is Congress that passes budget and bills.

Unnecessary bothsideism rears its ugly head once again.

Sounds like a glib denial to me.

Especially as you know how I view Donald Trump.

If you admire Mr. Obama that is fine, but there were many times his supporters dove on hot, hot fires to snuff out the smoky truth.

Sounds like a glib denial to me.

Especially as you know how I view Donald Trump.

If you admire Mr. Obama that is fine, but there were many times his supporters dove on hot, hot fires to snuff out the smoky truth.
Make a thread about it then. This is about Trump's infrastructure plan. Which, would be terrible for the country if implemented.

You're ridiculous with your inability to criticize your political party. No different from the mindless Trumpbots.
I'm not even a Democrat, and didn't vote in the 2016 elections because I was sick of lesser of two evils voting. Also, I lived in Tennessee at the time, and there was no chance that Trump was losing that state. Also, no consequential local ballot issues.

So, fuck off.

But that wasn't his infrastructure plan, right?

I think you have a bit of circular reasoning here. If Obama did stupid things (like Trump) he would not have had the support he had. He had support because he's a really smart guy with some good ideas.

I understand what you mean.

That would be fair, except I am not making that connection of the dots.

There are a lot of people mindlessly running around saying "Trump is an idiot and spends too much!" and would sacrifice themselves at the pyre of Obama's debt issues.

Some with clear minded arguments as to why Obama's spending was wise, others would double down on even the worst and most misguided of his ideas, such as the scrapped second stimulus.

Of course he did and surely dems will line up to bitch about Trump's, but if a president wants to get something done and he has the support of the nation he damn well can get it done. The president is the biggest swinging dick in the room and when he speaks people listen. Playing politics by casting blame on the other side is not a good excuse.

The nation's infrastructure is crumbling. Stop making excuses and get it done.
First, I agree that we need infrastructure spending. I'd argue we'd be better served if spent during a recession or when we see higher unemployment, but that's another argument. I'm not against improving our infrastructure and neither are the Democrats.

What I mean is Rs controlled both Senate and Congress during much of Obama's presidency. Obama could say the sky is blue and they would vote it down and accuse him of being unamerican or something. When Obama had D control in the House he passed the ACA.

So he literally could not get it done because Rs blocked him. Trump is in a very different situation where Rs control the House. But a plan this bad can even get his own party to bail on it. Or at least come up with their own, hopefully improved version.

And yes, the president is powerful but not all powerful. If he does not have support in the House he will get very little done.

Last edited:
Really?

https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli.../gIQACXjajM_story.html?utm_term=.e842ae25550a

Remember the Republicans were extreme obstructionist during Obama tenure. Many people on the right forget this simple fact and lay blame on Obama for nothing getting accomplished when it is Congress that passes budget and bills.
I don't have time to read an infrastructure bill hundreds of pages long.

If Obama wanted to get something done bad enough, and infrastructure certainly warrants it, he could have. It's that simple. At the very least he could have helped build up infrastructure as a pressing issue for the 2016 campaign like Bernie did before Trump hijacked it.

I understand what you mean.

That would be fair, except I am not making that connection of the dots.

There are a lot of people mindlessly running around saying "Trump is an idiot and spends too much!" and would sacrifice themselves at the pyre of Obama's debt issues.

Some with clear minded arguments as to why Obama's spending was wise, others would double down on even the worst and most misguided of his ideas, such as the scrapped second stimulus.
Well ok, every party and president has their share of dumb supporters. But comparing the two in the context of infrastructure spending doesn't make sense. I mean, Obama did put forward a plan and we know it looks very different from Trump's.

And maybe I didn't read all the posts, but isn't the criticism here that it is a stupid plan? The people who are criticizing deficit spending are on the right, from what I can see.

What makes you think federal funds should go to infrastructure like roads anyways?
hi-rob-ford-04462528-8col.jpg

Well ok, every party and president has their share of dumb supporters. But comparing the two in the context of infrastructure spending doesn't make sense. I mean, Obama did put forward a plan and we know it looks very different from Trump's.

And maybe I didn't read all the posts, but isn't the criticism here that it is a stupid plan? The people who are criticizing deficit spending are on the right, from what I can see.

Fair enough, I disagree but that is because the debt train has to stop somewhere. (As well, I agree it is probably a stupid plan. I have not read much about the plan, as any serious analysis would require (and I doubt many of the comments are after serious analysis,) on the surface though it sounds like a bad idea.)

That the right threw away it's soapbox to place at the feet of their Donald does not erase a problem that started to burn under Bush, continued to blaze under Obama, and now is about to be piled on with a bipartisan effort is something to seriously consider.

Fair enough, I disagree but that is because the debt train has to stop somewhere. (As well, I agree it is probably a stupid plan. I have not read much about the plan, as any serious analysis would require (and I doubt many of the comments are after serious analysis,) on the surface though it sounds like a bad idea.)

That the right threw away it's soapbox to place at the feet of their Donald does not erase a problem that started to burn under Bush, continued to blaze under Obama, and now is about to be piled on with a bipartisan effort is something to seriously consider.
Ok, well that's a different argument and one that is true. I just feel compelled to point out that in today's political landscape it's the people on the left that are including pay-fors with their ideas and the right is not even interested in the exercise.

The Republican charade that they are the party of fiscal responsibility has finally, thankfully been shattered to pieces.

We have no fiscally responsible representation in government, hardly a reason to rejoice.

Judging by how salty the liberals here are, it looks like he’ll get that shit done too.

Back