Donald's $1.75 T Infrastructure Plan

I don't have time to read an infrastructure bill hundreds of pages long.

If Obama wanted to get something done bad enough, and infrastructure certainly warrants it, he could have. It's that simple. At the very least he could have helped build up infrastructure as a pressing issue for the 2016 campaign like Bernie did before Trump hijacked it.

He got things done, he passed the stimulus bill and Obamacare plus bailed the auto industry.

Then he lost Congress.

Are you discounting the farming industry a bit here?

i wouldnt be surprised to see rural towns more dependant on food stamps in recent years , but the hundreds of billions worth of cattle corn soy pork ect isnt produced in your local represenatives office.

Farming industry is heavily subsidized in America.

Edit: figured someone would have already said that

Am I going to have to pay a toll to flush my toilet when it is all said and done?

Is it safe to assume that no one in the House will take this seriously? I can't imagine Republicans signing up to increase state and local taxes in order to get the feds to throw in 10-20% for infrastructure projects.

Very safe to assume that.

The outcome of this is that in 10 years, wealthier states will have better infrastructure than poorer states, which likely already have a bad need for it. And these poor states will vote red once again.

Identity politics is a helluva drug.

Very safe to assume that.

The outcome of this is that in 10 years, wealthier states will have better infrastructure than poorer states, which likely already have a bad need for it. And these poor states will vote red once again.

Identity politics is a helluva drug.
100%. It also seems like a path no party would be happy with. Democrats from blue states already realize their voters pay high taxes and the Republicans in blue states are not going to raise taxes!

So this would lead to states raising state and local taxes that we won't be able to deduct on our tax returns. Awesome plan.

So this would lead to states raising state and local taxes that we won't be able to deduct on our tax returns. Awesome plan.

Yeah but your job will give you a $200 bonus, why aren't you happy? Do you hate America? ARE YOU A CUCK?

100%. It also seems like a path no party would be happy with. Democrats from blue states already realize their voters pay high taxes and the Republicans in blue states are not going to raise taxes!

Never got that line of thinking among democrats -- a lot clamor for Canadian/ UK / Nordic style spending but overlook that major difference in their taxation comes from provincial / local government, not so much federal. Bottom up federalism is much more prevelant in the rest of the developed world with spending plans -- Americans seem amped up to avoid that

But they aren't making a profit.

But they will charge more per flush if future spending is needed on their operations -- property tax as well. Not sure where you're going with the profit aspect

Never got that line of thinking among democrats -- a lot clamor for Canadian/ UK / Nordic style spending but overlook that major difference in their taxation comes from provincial / local government, not so much federal. Bottom up federalism is much more prevelant in the rest of the developed world with spending plans -- Americans seem amped up to avoid that
What line? That Democrats living in high tax states are reluctant to raise taxes further?

I think they'd be much less reluctant if the proposal was to tax high income individuals to pay for things but I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't want to hike taxes on lower/middle class folks.

Make a thread about it then. This is about Trump's infrastructure plan. Which, would be terrible for the country if implemented.

Any WR thread critical of Trump should have an equal amount of criticism directed at Obama and/or Hillary. If you were a real forum president you would mandate this on the grounds of fairness!

What line? That Democrats living in high tax states are reluctant to raise taxes further?

I think they'd be much less reluctant if the proposal was to tax high income individuals to pay for things but I'd be willing to bet they wouldn't want to hike taxes on lower/middle class folks.

Thats my point, you really do not have any high tax states -- compared to nations you are trying to emulate. Local income tax levels in the 20-25% (with no federal offset reduction) sales tax in the 15 -24 range. These countries do tax their middle to lower classes way more in countries your left want to emulate.

How do you sell that to the american people?

Sounds pretty chinsy, but hopefully Trump will give the States a little seminar on stiffing contractors.

Well at least you have great public transpo........ never mind.

Ah yes the old not actually obama but just obama routine. Because trump. Knew it.

So anyway, now that we’re against it why

Nobody is against infrastructure spending. This plan is absurd, and will never get funded, especially after his huge tax cut for the rich and massive boom to military spending.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Freddie556
Back