Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bet that Sens will continue to run that damn trap defense and cause the Pens to get pissed this whole series....

Spring: The season of mud, 1:3:1 Hockey and girls being all being twitterpated and stuff.

I need to get my hands on some weight equipment without spending much money. To much being paid right now and I cant afford it.

It's just not something I can justify spending a lot of money on. I built a nice gym last time out of second hand stuff, and making things like the squat rack myself.

In a perfect world I would just get some bumper plates and build some simple DIY squat stands

It's just not something I can justify spending a lot of money on. I built a nice gym last time out of second hand stuff, and making things like the squat rack myself.

In a perfect world I would just get some bumper plates and build some simple DIY squat stands

Word. Well if this equipment deal goes through and I can disappear a bar and some plates I'll reach out playboy

I won my Pro Card in Men's Physique! I understand that this forum is about Strength and Conditioning, but if you ever peaked into my log, you know my training is mostly bodybuilding. This forum is what got me to pick up weights for the first time, and although I'm not a powerlifter, I think we can all appreciate the amount of effort that goes into achieving a certain level of success in any given sport, whether it is crossfit, powerlifting, or bodybuilding. You'd think the ~750 posts in my logs would amount to something; well it did. My Sherdog training log has been an incredible tool to keep me accountable.

I won my Pro Card in Men's Physique! I understand that this forum is about Strength and Conditioning, but if you ever peaked into my log, you know my training is mostly bodybuilding. This forum is what got me to pick up weights for the first time, and although I'm not a powerlifter, I think we can all appreciate the amount of effort that goes into achieving a certain level of success in any given sport, whether it is crossfit, powerlifting, or bodybuilding. You'd think the ~750 posts in my logs would amount to something; well it did. My Sherdog training log has been an incredible tool to keep me accountable.

That's awesome, man! Congrats.

When you say "pro card", are you talking IFBB?

Thanks! It's not quite IFBB, I can compete at the national level in the NPAA, and if I win the next show, I get the IFPA pro status, which is international.

Is your diet really strict? That'd be the toughest part IMO.

I can't speak for Bloodhy, as there are a lot of personal variables to consider when getting ready for a show, but generally yes.

Anyone I know who competes suffers pretty badly for at least the last couple weeks. General suffering for much longer than that. Basically, it starts off not that bad and then gets progressively worse.

I recently heard about a guy (not natural) who stopped all testosterone supplementation 14 weeks out from the show. So...no testosterone...imagine that.

Very strict.

I train 6 days a week and the volume is pretty similar, so I eat the same thing every day. I eat every three hours, not because it "boosts your metabolism" (it doesn't); it's more convenient. Sunday I only do a light cardio without hitting the weights, so I get no carbs. Here is what a typical day look like:

Wake-up: Protein shake, 15g of Fat
10 am: 4 oz protein, 15g of Fat
1:00 pm: 4 oz protein, 15g of Fat, 40g carbs
4:00 pm: pre-workout shake (1-2 scoops of C-4)
4:30 pm: Intra-workout Shake (25g whey, 40g carbs from gatorade)
6:00 pm: Protein shake, 2 nutri grain bars
8:30 pm: 4oz protein, 15g of Fat, 40g carbs
9:30 pm: Casein shake, 15g of Fat, 40g carbs

Lean protein: Chicken is my go to, but extra lean beef, turkey, and egg whites works too.
Fat: Olive oil is my go to, but peanut butter and avocado works.
Carbs: Brown Breadis my go to, but brown rice works.

The structure stays the same, but the portions are smaller and smaller as I get closer to show day.

Very strict.

I train 6 days a week and the volume is pretty similar, so I eat the same thing every day. I eat every three hours, not because it "boosts your metabolism" (it doesn't); it's more convenient. Sunday I only do a light cardio without hitting the weights, so I get no carbs. Here is what a typical day look like:

Wake-up: Protein shake, 15g of Fat
10 am: 4 oz protein, 15g of Fat
1:00 pm: 4 oz protein, 15g of Fat, 40g carbs
4:00 pm: pre-workout shake (1-2 scoops of C-4)
4:30 pm: Intra-workout Shake (25g whey, 40g carbs from gatorade)
6:00 pm: Protein shake, 2 nutri grain bars
8:30 pm: 4oz protein, 15g of Fat, 40g carbs
9:30 pm: Casein shake, 15g of Fat, 40g carbs

Lean protein: Chicken is my go to, but extra lean beef, turkey, and egg whites works too.
Fat: Olive oil is my go to, but peanut butter and avocado works.
Carbs: Brown Breadis my go to, but brown rice works.

The structure stays the same, but the portions are smaller and smaller as I get closer to show day.

And here is me not being able to stick to a 2400cal macro target. Good going brah.

I have no idea how many calories I eat per day, but I know I'm always shocked I weigh as much as I do.

I have no idea how many calories I eat per day, but I know I'm always shocked I weigh as much as I do.

That shit creeps up on you. I went through a phase of eating what I wanted, a phase that lasted 8 months and I was just battering myself with training volume and justified the eating by saying I need to "recover". Ended up a really sloppy 125kg, I remember checking my weight and being 107kg, the next time 113kg, then 122kg, then peaked out at 125kg. Just seemed to come out of nowhere.

Last edited:
http://suppversity.blogspot.gr/2014/06/trying-to-build-strength-periodized.html
Almost 80% increase in deadlift performance in "elite powerlifters" with 7 ± 3 yrs of training experience and a mean age of 34 ± 5 yrs and a mean body mass of 94.4 ± 16.7 kg? That's catching your attention, right? Now, what would you say that there was no magic supplement involved and that the periodization routine the researchers prescribed to their 9 male study participants is far from being revolutionary?

And this is another example why I no longer read training studies.

Bloodhy that is awesome, congrats on your success!

I recently got a FitBit that claims I burn over 3000 calories everyday, up to 4000 on the days that I get to the gym. This must be out of wack right? I do get in a lot of steps during the day (typically 12,000+) but that still seems really high.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back