Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I just approached the local Goodlife about my Teen after school program idea. It looks like they might be on board. You know that feeling you get when you tell someone you're going to do something and you realize you have to follow through? Yeah, that's what I feel right now.... Anyway, here's what I have...

the program would be an 8 week commitment from the teens. It would be once a week (to start) and would include the following components:

1. Prep (Learning) : This would include guest speakers to educate the participants on life skills like budgeting, effective study habits, time management or a time to get caught up on a school project or homework.

2. Training : Weight training. Although my programming would be based on Powerlifting but I would definitely incorporate the importance of learning about the body, etc...

3. Nutrition : I would love to use the SuperStore community kitchen for this. I want to show the participants what is available to them (based on their socio-economic status) and how to use it to make nutritious and tasty snacks and meals.

I would be looking to fund this with the registration portion of the money I collect from Lift for Kids Sake event at RibFest. I am approaching Converse in order to provide a pair of shoes to each participant every 8 weeks, and they will receive a Lift for Kids Sake t-shirt on day one, they would wear this each week.

So, yeah! kids are going to be getting free shit and lifting weights!

I have heard back from Goodlife. There is some interest locally. I might use their nutrition resources, but training is mine or someone I know.

Any of you guys have flat feet? If so have insoles been helpful for you when squatting?

Any of you guys have flat feet? If so have insoles been helpful for you when squatting?

I have flat feet. I wore Dr. Scholls insoles in my Chucks back when I was powerlifting, but I stopped using them because they didn't do anything for me. Now I wear Adipowers with the stock insoles, and I have no problem with them.

How tall are you, btw?

I have flat feet. I wore Dr. Scholls insoles in my Chucks back when I was powerlifting, but I stopped using them because they didn't do anything for me. Now I wear Adipowers with the stock insoles, and I have no problem with them.

How tall are you, btw?

Interesting that the raised heel helped but not insoles. It's the same for me with the heel, but I was hoping that the right insole might be able to compound that effect further. My feet are like flippers dude. I'm 182cm btw so just under 6ft.

Interesting that the raised heel helped but not insoles. It's the same for me with the heel, but I was hoping that the right insole might be able to compound that effect further. My feet are like flippers dude. I'm 182cm btw so just under 6ft.

I'm 180 cm tall - 5'11" - so I'm an inch shorter than you. As a high bar squatter, I can't squat in anything but weightlifting shoes. Those shoes give me rock solid stability and anchor my feet firmly to the floor.

I'm 180 cm tall - 5'11" - so I'm an inch shorter than you. As a high bar squatter, I can't squat in anything but weightlifting shoes. Those shoes give me rock solid stability and anchor my feet firmly to the floor.

Gravity and the weight on my back anchor my feet firmly to the floor.

If Chucks count as sneakers, then yes. Approaching 700 lbs lol.

If you mean running shoes, then no. That'd just be silly and I've never even owned a pair.

I know what you mean. The heels of my Pendlays are wood. They transfer my push into the floor. If I tried to squat in running shoes it would feel like standing on portobello mushrooms.

I know what you mean. The heels of my Pendlays are wood. They transfer my push into the floor. If I tried to squat in running shoes it would feel like standing on portobello mushrooms.

Portobello mushrooms. I like that analogy.

If Chucks count as sneakers, then yes. Approaching 700 lbs lol.

If you mean running shoes, then no. That'd just be silly and I've never even owned a pair.

I've trained with a dude who actually squatted over 700 lbs in running shoes. Dude was so poor that he couldn't afford any flat soled shoes. Everything else was on point - knee wraps, wrist wraps, ammonia, belt, gear, whatever - but those goddamn shoes were such an eye sore.

I've trained with a dude who actually squatted over 700 lbs in running shoes. Dude was so poor that he couldn't afford any flat soled shoes. Everything else was on point - knee wraps, wrist wraps, ammonia, belt, gear, whatever - but those goddamn shoes were such an eye sore.
I have two pairs of Chucks. I think I paid full price for one ($40) and got the others on sale ($20) so I'm always amazed when people say it's tough to find cheap shoes.

I have two pairs of Chucks. I think I paid full price for one ($40) and got the others on sale ($20) so I'm always amazed when people say it's tough to find cheap shoes.

Yeah, I got a knockoff pair of Van's skateboarding shoes at Big 5 for 20 bucks years ago. They weren't bad at all.

Hey guys, please take 30 seconds to vote for me at:
http://naitsa.ca/nntm/

I'll be posting reminders in my log as it's going on for three weeks.
Thanks for your time, it is really appreciated!

Manuel Dufresne, the construction outfit with a overall, nailgun, and hard hat.
882faf2fd319dc3bc749e75cc424d8c7-58a7392705233.jpg

Done @Bloodhy

Also, I am considering the move back to chucks. I dabbled a little in the beginning, but felt like the wider stance and skinny legs felt really unstable. I have always felt much better with a narrower stance and heeled shoe. But my bar placement is not really low or high bar. Kinda in the middle, more high I think.

I use an insole in my Adipowers as I was getting a little plantar fascitis in the right foot, solved it pretty much immediately. Also my arches were collapsing a little during squats so they helped that, along with using a hip circle to warm up and cue my knees to stay out. They also add a little lift to the shoe so the heel is a bit higher, useful for me as I'm 6'3" and have dem praying mantis legs.

I like that my foot cant really roll in a lifting shoe, feels like I am maglocked to the earth before I even get a bar on my back.

I ordered a GHR. Shit's about to get real.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back