Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm doing no sugar (as much as that is possible) for four months. I damn well better have abs when this is over.

I did "no sugar" for 6 years.

Admittedly, 6 years was probably overkill.

I've cut back on monster.

Help me.

I haven't gained much weight, or even physical measurements, with my dietary choices, but I just feel like shit all the time lately.

Still wavering around the 270-280. I could stand to be, like, y'know, a little lighter.

Even though I really, really don't give a shit?

Gave enough of shit to argue it pretty hard a while back and then post that link.

A while back I still kind of gave a shit.

Btw, can you provide a source on APA enforcing WADA-administered out-of-competition testing?

I don't know what you mean by APA.

In the U.S., there are only a small handful of drug-tested federations, and the large majority are not tested. Of the tested federations, only one does OOC testing and is WADA compliant, and that is the USAPL. There is a certain prestige to competing internationally in the IPF through the USAPL, but no financil incentive, and there are better financiap opportunities in untested powerlifting.

Long story short: there is very little incentive specifically in powerlifting to compete internationally through the USAPL and evade drug tests. Yes, people have done this before, but very few do so in powerlifting in the U.S. because there are so many options. Of those that use in the USAPL, the large majority of offenders are not on the international teams, and I can't remember anyone outside of Jesse Norris (for a stimulant) who tested positive and lost an international spot.

It is equally as impractical to think someone would bother trying to cheat the tests in the U.S. as it would be to think an 18-year-old girl can be as strong as she is naturally.

Sorry, I didn't answer for a couple of days because I know you were going to write some huge block of text and I just couldn't bring myself to have to read it. Maybe this would make more sense if you were a part of U.S. powerlifting.

I just couldn't get past the APA part because wtf is APA.

Long story short: there is very little incentive specifically in powerlifting to compete internationally through the USAPL and evade drug tests. Yes, people have done this before, but very few do so in powerlifting in the U.S. because there are so many options. Of those that use in the USAPL, the large majority of offenders are not on the international teams, and I can't remember anyone outside of Jesse Norris (for a stimulant) who tested positive and lost an international spot.

Side note but related - other countries have less options in terms of federations, do you think those countries are therefore more likely to produce lifters who try and beat the tests in the IPF, perhaps reinforced by a culture of state-sponsored doping and lax testing in their national affiliates? Testing costs money and a lot of those countries have a good motive not to test - winning on the big stage for prestige and not spending the money on testing being two that spring to mind.

If the above is true, what would you say the likelihood is of US lifters having to "join them to beat them" to get the podium spots?

Basically do you think WADA is effective in countries without a USADA equivalent lol.

Maybe he's confused and thinks all powerlifting in the U.S. is governed by the American Powerlifting Association?

As a European it is pretty weird to have a sport where there is no unified national governing body, so I could understand that confusion.

My observation as someone who is involved in the sport from an organizing perspective is that Fedheads have a tough time getting along on the best of days.

My observation as someone who is involved in the sport from an organizing perspective is that Fedheads have a tough time getting along on the best of days.
The massive fragmentation of feds is one of the great two banes of the sport of powerlifting.

Yeah. Its awful for me because I have to rely on so many from different feds, orgs and event planning co.'s to produce a high quality event. It is hard when one guy hates another and will try to influence athletes based on who is going and such. Right now I'm having a challenge with two clothing companies. Both bring their own unique brand and feel to the meet, but cannot stand each other.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back