Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
What was wrong with their bloodwork perchance?

Nothing was wrong with it, his trend didn't suggest he was on a Ketotic diet. I was lucky to have past blood work.

But I have a feeling people don't know what Ketone is, let alone what a Ketotic diet is.

He probably lacks faith, unlike his coach. And basic skills in organic chemistry.

BTW, what's a ketotic diet? Google reroutes me to ketogenic diets, is there a difference between the two?

BTW, what's a ketotic diet? Google reroutes me to ketogenic diets, is there a difference between the two?

Exactly! I'm not sure ketotic diet is the proper way to refer to it. I've heard it called ketogenic diet or Keto. You can have Ketotic Hypoglycemia. Honestly I know very little about the diet but something told me he was not doing it right.

Patient: I'm on a ketotic diet. My coach is a huge believer in this and really knows his stuff...
Me: I doubt it.
Patient: I feel so much better on this diet.
Me: Your blood work and urinalysis suggests your coach doesn't know what he's talking about. Otherwise, you're cheating.

People quite often manage to fuck up ketogenic diets in one way or another. There's a load of people nowhere near actually being in dietary ketosis. Similar to IF proponents who think having a "bulletproof coffee" with 400cal of butter in it isn't breaking their fast.

So. I've been thinking about bringing Lift for Kids Sake to the USofA. I'd love to have Canada Vs. USA meet! Half US and half Canadian lifters overall total wins.

I'm unsure whether its a testament to the idea or not (I know I'm not the first) but there are meets almost every weekend now and everyone's got a charity behind it.

Last edited:
So. I've been thinking about bringing Lift for Kids Sake to the USofA. I'd love to have Canada Vs. USA meet! Half US and half Canadian lifters overall total wins.

I'm unsure whether its a testament to the idea or not (I know I'm not the first) but there are meets almost every weekend now and everyone's got a charity behind it.
I paid 50 bucks for an annual membership to ussc on top of the entry fee to my last strongman comp. I'd feel a lot better about paying so much if I thought it was going to a charity and what's more I'd compete more often. I think that's why so many people are getting onboard. It's better pr and better turnout for the events.

No question it is a great idea. I guess my approach to the PL event from a charity perspective is a little different. I would prefer the charity to be the forefront and run the event. The fed is a sponsor. Otherwise I risk losing sight of what is important on that day. Lift for Kids' Sake is an idea, and a commitment from me to help youth. I would rather have a fed simply lend me their equipment and whatever else they can offer (volunteers, experience, etc...) as a sponsor. I would even invite other feds to join and help. I'm not in the fed business, or tshirt/merchandise business, or PL equipment business. I'm in the business of making money to fund opportunity for youth. If you feel your organization has something to offer, come and join the party. I tried exclusivity twice and it burned me both times!

Weekend plans pub? I'm probably going to take my friend boxing on the pads again tomorrow morning as he said he really enjoyed it last week, so that may become a regular thing. Got some errands to run and family members to see, so will get all that done on Saturdag with my boys while the girlfriend is at work. Sunday - may take the kids swimming, or out for a bike ride and do some reading. In the evenings will just chill with my kids and girlfriend, probably have a beer or two. Will try to catch the James DeGale fight too, but probably not live. I need to bench and squat too so will get that done at some point.

Have a good weekend all.

Whatever I'm doing involves not spending money. It's been 3 and a half weeks since payday and I still have 2 weeks left until my next one!

I'll be making biltong in the dehydrator I got for Christmas.

Whatever I'm doing involves not spending money. It's been 3 and a half weeks since payday and I still have 2 weeks left until my next one!
Do you get paid early in December? My work used to do that but in the last few years stopped due to most of us just rather getting paid as normal rather than the long January wait.

Weekend plans pub? I'm probably going to take my friend boxing on the pads again tomorrow morning as he said he really enjoyed it last week, so that may become a regular thing. Got some errands to run and family members to see, so will get all that done on Saturdag with my boys while the girlfriend is at work. Sunday - may take the kids swimming, or out for a bike ride and do some reading. In the evenings will just chill with my kids and girlfriend, probably have a beer or two. Will try to catch the James DeGale fight too, but probably not live. I need to bench and squat too so will get that done at some point.

Have a good weekend all.

In Jordan, so weekend started already.

Went out for drinks with a guy that I work with last night. He took me to a bar here in Amman, hadn't actually been to a proper, straight-up bar here before, then to dinner at a friend's family home. The friend's family seemed to be super-rich, it was a pretty much palatial apartment, and dinner was a whole lamb that had been cooked slowly for seven hours. After a really excellent dinner and lots more booze, we went to another straight-up bar where we met some more of his friends- cool people. Got home at about 1am pretty stinking drunk (we started at 6.30pm). Also stinking of cigarettes- unlike UK and Thailand people can smoke in the bars here. I forgot how non-awesome that is.

Probably won't do much for the rest of the weekend- gym, cooking etc.

Do you get paid early in December? My work used to do that but in the last few years stopped due to most of us just rather getting paid as normal rather than the long January wait.

Usually get paid on the 28th, they paid us on the 22nd because the entire business closes on Christmas so there is no one to process the payments. Next pay day is the 27th, 5 weeks and a day between paydays and Christmas/New year in that time period. It's been a rough month.

Been a while, about a week, since hitting the gym so I'm going to do that.

I have decided to go Friday, Saturday and Sunday so to not disrupt the flow of the evening with the family. That way I have the week off to rest, then start again.

We're probably taking my son to the drop-in clinic tomorrow. He's had some wheezy breathing for the past week or so that my wife is worried about. My feeling is that it's just a function of being so small because he is fine otherwise and we only hear it in the evenings when he's lying on his back. She's worried though so hopefully this puts her at ease.

Sunday I'm back playing hockey for the first time in months. Hopefully I don't have a heart attack.

We're probably taking my son to the drop-in clinic tomorrow. He's had some wheezy breathing for the past week or so that my wife is worried about. My feeling is that it's just a function of being so small because he is fine otherwise and we only hear it in the evenings when he's lying on his back. She's worried though so hopefully this puts her at ease.

Sunday I'm back playing hockey for the first time in months. Hopefully I don't have a heart attack.

You're smart to get it checked. Fuck the people who say otherwise. It's your kid and you can never be certain when they're that small and unable to properly communicate their symptoms. This is good parenting. LOL

Going to be working all weekend, lifting tonight and then taking Saturday and Sunday as much needed rest days. The wife and baby are both sick, so if they get better and I continue to be able to avoid getting sick, it'll be a good weekend.

I'm two weeks into a slow cut towards 200lb for strongman in February, and I'm missing my nightly beer.

You're smart to get it checked. Fuck the people who say otherwise. It's your kid and you can never be certain when they're that small and unable to properly communicate their symptoms. This is good parenting. LOL

Yeah she was getting herself all worried asking Dr. Google and posting in Moms groups on Facebook. I was like "I think he's fine but lets get a doctor to check him out". His doctor is literally a 3 minute drive from our house and has daily last-minute appointments and a Saturday morning walk-in clinic.

On Google it ranges from "his sinuses are very small so sometimes he will wheeze/whistle when he breezes and it will go away as he gets bigger" to "your child has cystic fibrosis".

Have a good weekend all.

Flying down to New Mexico to take care of some business, check out my house, grab some guns and other shit.

Probably get a haircut tomorrow, I just shaved off a 3 month beard and didn't have anything but abnormal razor. Took over an hour.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back