Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
He used his real name on here and we live in the same city.

Obviously, finding his Facebook was pretty easy. I'm pretty sure he carries a gun for his job, so he probably thinks he's a badass.

Also, if you check his post history, it's filled with shitty, aggro responses.

Currently halway through, worth a watch.

Agreed. Reasons for me to visit scotland:

Scotch tours
Heavy rocks
Throwing things

Reason one was enough, the others are good fillers between distilleries though

Scotch tours
Heavy rocks
Throwing things

Exactly, drunk stone lifting is on my bucket list.

Scotch tours
Heavy rocks
Throwing things

I met a guy in a bar here once who had just returned from a scotch tour of Scotland. We drank and talked for hours. It sounded amazing.

I met a guy in a bar here once who had just returned from a scotch tour of Scotland. We drank and talked for hours. It sounded amazing.
Im just starting to get into scotch, as in just bought my first bottle this weekend.

It's like drinking the smoke off cooling campfire embers. At only 20% mixed into knob creek its still overpoweringly smokey. It's likely I'll use it in that way for blending in my decanter because I love the flavor but its cranked past 11. red wine grapes dehydrated until leathery in a smoker for 72 hours.

Im just starting to get into scotch, as in just bought my first bottle this weekend.

It's like drinking the smoke off cooling campfire embers. At only 20% mixed into knob creek its still overpoweringly smokey. It's likely I'll use it in that way for blending in my decanter because I love the flavor but its cranked past 11. red wine grapes dehydrated until leathery in a smoker for 72 hours.

Woooooeeeee!!!! Yessirrrr!!

That's what you want!

Whatd you start with? Dal(Del?)Winnie is super duper mellow. Sounds like you might have come out hard with something like Laphroigh 12+. Shit mixed with a good whisky like knob creek and still too stout? Damn son what'd you get???

Woooooeeeee!!!! Yessirrrr!!

That's what you want!

Whatd you start with? Dal(Del?)Winnie is super duper mellow. Sounds like you might have come out hard with something like Laphroigh 12+. Shit mixed with a good whisky like knob creek and still too stout? Damn son what'd you get???
Talisker 10 year. Thought I included that in my other post. Jumped right in the deep end of the isle of sky

i've got a laphroig triple wood in my cupboard atm. highly recommend.

Talisker 10 year. Thought I included that in my other post. Jumped right in the deep end of the isle of sky

Dude you went HAM right off the bat. McLellands Highland (Not Mcllelans) is a great cheap intro scotch that doesn't drop the hammer as much.

mcclellands-highland.jpg

Yeah Im definitely going to have to roll the dice again, in the mean time i AM happy with it and as a blending scotch it's a great addition to some bourbon I've had that fills a gap in the flavor profile. But at 60 bucks a bottle, balance is not its strong point...

Im.a bourbon drinker when it comes to whiskey, so scotch is new but remotely familiar.

i've got a laphroig triple wood in my cupboard atm. highly recommend.
Dude you went HAM right off the bat. McLellands Highland (Not Mcllelans) is a great cheap intro scotch that doesn't drop the hammer as much.

mcclellands-highland.jpg
I'll put these on my list. Is there a Evan Williams of scotch? For 25 bucks a handle, Evan Williams is better than jack Daniels (also not bourbon) better than jim beam white, better than anything cheaper, and a better VALUE than most things twice the price.

It's like titos vodka, beefeater gin, sauza white tequila (100% agave is better) a great deal but not inherently a great product. Is there a scotch for that?

Last edited:
I'll put these on my list. Is there a Evan Williams of scotch? For 25 bucks a handle, Evan Williams is better than jack Daniels (also not bourbon) better than jim beam white, better than anything cheaper, and a better VALUE than most things twice the price.

It's like titos vodka, beefeater gin, sauza white tequila (100% agave is better) a great deal but not inherently a great product. Is there a scotch for that?

In my opinion the Highland I posted is exactly that. 24.00/750Ml on average and very drinkable. If there's a better straight up at a better price point I'd like to know about it

In my opinion the Highland I posted is exactly that. 24.00/750Ml on average and very drinkable. If there's a better straight up at a better price point I'd like to know about it
Should I find one you will be the first to hear of it.
I'll seek out the McLellands and report back

I don't like any of the laphroaigs as much as I like the basic 10 year.

I got the cask strength at a duty free in beijing and I got another one but I forgot what it's called that you can only buy at duty free, I was dissapointed with both, neither was as smoky/Peaty as the 10 year.

Lagavulin 16 is a good one too, nice and Peaty. The talisker is good but my favorite is absolutely laphroaig 10.

Ok so there's no peat in bourbon... so what does it mean that a scotch is peaty? Is that just another word for smokey?

Everyone has seen the Eddie hall documentary on Netflix right? Highly reccomended

Everyone has seen the Eddie hall documentary on Netflix right? Highly reccomended
Yeah, watched it before Christmas, was good. A few of us discussed it a few pages back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
herrsackbauer
Back