Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Weekend plans pub? I'm taking my oldest son for a Judo grading tomorrow, then need to do a few trips to visit family. I also need to bench. Sunday morning I am training my friend - boxing padwork etc and then I have the second week of my kid's strength and conditioning class that I've setup, so hopefully there is a good attendance for that.

Lol. Shouldn't be a surprise at all, should it? That stuff don't come cheap.

When she asked me I said the reason I hadn't gone to the board before was that I understood the costs. It's fine, I can rent the equipment and have it set up and torn down for $600. Professional, calibrated, beautiful, shiny equipment that I don't have to care for, nor do I have to store and protect.

Weekend plans pub? I'm taking my oldest son for a Judo grading tomorrow, then need to do a few trips to visit family. I also need to bench. Sunday morning I am training my friend - boxing padwork etc and then I have the second week of my kid's strength and conditioning class that I've setup, so hopefully there is a good attendance for that.

Shit man. Wife works so I'm on kid duty. Sometimes that sucks because it means I have to strongly consider leaving the house with them so she can sleep!

Maplewood Acute Care Clinic doors open November 15th at 6pm!

Good luck Nurse! I don't entirely understand what it is, but I hope it works out for you.
Thanks!

Its a Nurse Practitioner lead clinic to assess and treat simple, common illnesses like:
Respiratory infections
Urinary Tract infection
Tick bites
Dental infections
Throat, eye, and ear infections
Fever
Sinus Infection
Muscle/Joint pain (Acute injury)
Minor wound care
Rashes

We charge a fee for service. Nothing too expensive but enough to not undermine our value but cheap enough for regular joe's to think it's worth it. You don't have to sit in an Emergency ward for 3-4 hours nor will you have to take time off of work to see your doctor the next day, etc... Trying to take a little burden off of the system.

Last edited:
Thanks!

Its a Nurse Practitioner lead clinic to assess and treat simple, common illnesses like:
Respiratory infections
Urinary Tract infection
Tick bites
Dental infections
Throat, eye, and ear infections
Fever
Sinus Infection
Muscle/Joint pain (Acute injury)
Minor wound care
Rashes

We charge a fee for service. Nothing too expensive but enough to not undermine our value but cheap enough for regular joe's to think it's worth it. You don't have to sit in an Emergency ward for 3-4 hours nor will you have to take time off of work to see your doctor the next day, etc... Trying to take a little burden off of the system.
Gotcha. I'm ignorant on Canada's healthcare - is it "free" similar to the UK's National Health Service normally? I could Google it I suppose, but the Pub could do with abit of chat.

Gotcha. I'm ignorant on Canada's healthcare - is it "free" similar to the UK's National Health Service normally? I could Google it I suppose, but the Pub could do with abit of chat.

Its a public service, yes. But if we charge a fee to come and get checked we wouldn't bill the public system. However the treatments, blood work (if any) and anything else would be billable once they're there.

We're hoping to make enough waves and collect enough information related to who comes in, what is done and what the outcome is to start the conversation around the role of nurse practitioners in Ontario, and broader, in Canada. I'm excited to start. It might take some time to get the word out there and to build enough word of mouth but we'll get there and its not costing us much to start this.

That sounds pretty cool NK. Will you be doing that full-time?

Hit up the office gym today and had time for squat, bench, AND rows. Cutting out the 20-25 minutes of walking to/from the gym is great.

That sounds pretty cool NK. Will you be doing that full-time?

No. I'm doing this one day a week. 4 hours in the evening. This is stage 1 of our plan for more. Get some wind in our sails. Build a good reputation for service and then start to invest back into the company as we go

That's a really cool service you're going to provide NK

That's a really cool service you're going to provide NK

I feel like we're providing a much needed service in the rural area we're in and the price point isn't atrocious. People cannot accuse us of gouging the clients.

The secondary outcome here is that we prove a Nurse Practitioner lead clinic can work and therefore we can start to push back on the monopoly that the doctors currently enjoy.

Weekend plans pub?

I'm taking my girlfriend and kids on a Harry Potter-themed steam train ride tomorrow, which should be pretty cool. They have Halloween activities and I think a couple of the guys who played some of the goblins in the movies will be there. Sunday I am doing my third week of the kids S&C class and a boxing session with my friend before that.

Weekend plans pub?

I'm taking my girlfriend and kids on a Harry Potter-themed steam train ride tomorrow, which should be pretty cool. They have Halloween activities and I think a couple of the guys who played some of the goblins in the movies will be there. Sunday I am doing my third week of the kids S&C class and a boxing session with my friend before that.

MIles has a provincial XCountry race on Saturday morning. Then we're visiting my brother for the night. Sunday I'm likely having family over for dinner and I'll be working on the biz!

MIles has a provincial XCountry race on Saturday morning. Then we're visiting my brother for the night. Sunday I'm likely having family over for dinner and I'll be working on the biz!
Sounds like a nice weekend, have a good one, Nurse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back