Donald Pump's "Let's Make F13 Great Again" Pub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Best part about that was helping him install the Infiniti hot water system. Looking forward to no more cylinder, and having unlimited hot water for long, hot showers in which the length of time I can lay curled in a ball on the bottom of the shower crying is no longer limited by anything other than my own self-loathing.
Nuttin better than adopting the fetal position on the floor of the shower!

We did cake smash pictures with my son on Saturday. The only catch is that he didn't like the cake. He ate some icing and gagged and wouldn't touch it. Maybe it was too sweet since he never eats stuff like that Luckily we still got some cute pics before and after but the actual smash part was a bust, lol.

Nurse, did I see on FB that you shaved your beard? Why???

In other news, my GoodLife membership ran out today so I'll be checking out my office gym tomorrow. It will make it much easier to pop down for a quick workout but I'm worried they will have shitty freeweight selection.

@DrBdan yes, I did. I am in the midst of a few changes in life and thought what the hell. My wife was also a driving force in that decision as well. She never complained but I knew she'd rather me clean shaven. I'm hating it already. Twice as long to shave and I now have moisturizer to think about.

Speaking of Goodlife, the ex President of the company I work for right now just took over as President of Movati. These are huge, swanky new gym facilities that seem to be popping up everywhere right now. I congratulated him the other day and we chatted a bit. He's a numbers guy so improving efficiency is going to be a big change for that company. He's also a futurist type and will definitely be looking to place them in competition with us with Executive style Wellness and Prevention.

We did cake smash pictures with my son on Saturday. The only catch is that he didn't like the cake. He ate some icing and gagged and wouldn't touch it. Maybe it was too sweet since he never eats stuff like that Luckily we still got some cute pics before and after but the actual smash part was a bust, lol.

Nurse, did I see on FB that you shaved your beard? Why???

In other news, my GoodLife membership ran out today so I'll be checking out my office gym tomorrow. It will make it much easier to pop down for a quick workout but I'm worried they will have shitty freeweight selection.

Don't you live in Toronto?

There are some insanely awesome gyms in Toronto, why are you limiting your choices to shitty GoodLife and shittier office gym?

So it's on! Maplewood Acute Care (MAC) clinic will be open for business in November. One evening a week to start. Fee for service for an area close to where I live that has no afterhours access, and is about 25-25 minutes from a hospital. We'll see how this goes!

So it's on! Maplewood Acute Care (MAC) clinic will be open for business in November. One evening a week to start. Fee for service for an area close to where I live that has no afterhours access, and is about 25-25 minutes from a hospital. We'll see how this goes!
Good luck Nurse. Hope it works out for you!

Good luck Nurse. Hope it works out for you!
We had to approach a bunch of docs in our area to tell them we're doing this. Fucking princesses! This was to let them know that because we're a fee for service model, they will not be affected. You see under the current public health model if you're a doctor, and you are part of a Family Health Team network and one of your patients goes to a public service health clinic, you get dinged that cost. In our case, we don't bill the government for the service part, so the docs don't lose anything. In fact, the more patients that come to us, the less nights they have to worry about doing an after-hours clinic. Our price point is attractive enough for people to say Hmmm, I don't mind paying that... without undermining our value
"cash money fools!"

Don't you live in Toronto?

There are some insanely awesome gyms in Toronto, why are you limiting your choices to shitty GoodLife and shittier office gym?

Yeah as Nurse said #dadlife. After dinner and father/son time I don't have time for the gym in the evenings. I play hockey on Sundays and honestly if I had another free evening I'd play hockey instead of hitting the gym.

So that leaves me lunchtime at work. At my old job a lot of people went to the gym so leaving for 90+ minutes wasn't an issue. At my new job no one goes to the gym and most limit lunch to 30 minutes so even taking a full hour to workout gets me some looks. So an in-office gym is great. I may think differently if they only have Smith machines and DBs up to 50 lb...

My gym time is next to nothing these days. I am back to the gym this week, which is nice. I have the stuff at home, so there really isn't much excuse except for plain ol' laziness.

I just checked out the office gym. One squat rack, one smith machine, DBs up to 100 lb. A handful of machines, bunch of treadmills. Big open area for classes. Not the biggest gym but there was one person working out and one person in the change room so getting equipment probably won't be too big an issue.

I just checked out the office gym. One squat rack, one smith machine, DBs up to 100 lb. A handful of machines, bunch of treadmills. Big open area for classes. Not the biggest gym but there was one person working out and one person in the change room so getting equipment probably won't be too big an issue.

As far as office gyms go, that sounds pretty good. How were the bars and plates?

My lifting would be so much less if I didn't have a garage gym. The kids can just play out back or in the driveway the entire time I'm lifting.

Yeah boyyyyyyy!!!

Congrats !

Yeah boyyyyyyy!!!

Congrats !
Pretty exciting. Its only one day a week for now, but its a start.

In other news, we are looking for ways to spend some grant money (I'm unaware of how much we have to spend) for the Big Brothers and Sisters Agency. The board was asked to submit proposals. I didn't, but the executive director asked if I wanted to look into purchasing equipment for Lift for Kids.

What she doesn't know is how expensive comp racks and bars and plates are. Especially if you plan on outfitting a 40+ athlete competition. She also didn't know that I had asked for a quote from a company who makes this stuff. Anyway, she persisted, which is a pretty good sign, and I handed her the quotes I received.

The by-product of this is that I could start to run the after school program at the agency office. There is space for the gym, there is also space for the kitchen and learning area. Anyway, I'm pretty happy about things right now.

So the team I work for just signed this dude:

6'10, currently at 380 lbs.

As far as office gyms go, that sounds pretty good. How were the bars and plates?

Two bars, some generic brand put they are 6 feet and straight so that's nice. They have around 520 lb in plates and I think I can fit around 400 on a bar so good enough for me.

I'll probably miss the C2 and stairmill more than anything.

Pretty exciting. Its only one day a week for now, but its a start.

In other news, we are looking for ways to spend some grant money (I'm unaware of how much we have to spend) for the Big Brothers and Sisters Agency. The board was asked to submit proposals. I didn't, but the executive director asked if I wanted to look into purchasing equipment for Lift for Kids.

What she doesn't know is how expensive comp racks and bars and plates are. Especially if you plan on outfitting a 40+ athlete competition. She also didn't know that I had asked for a quote from a company who makes this stuff. Anyway, she persisted, which is a pretty good sign, and I handed her the quotes I received.

The by-product of this is that I could start to run the after school program at the agency office. There is space for the gym, there is also space for the kitchen and learning area. Anyway, I'm pretty happy about things right now.

LOL
Once they saw the quote they were like: NOPE!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back