Dog Park Horror Stories

Why do people go to dog parks?

It's a great place to get your dog to play with other dogs, which serves four purposes - getting them exhausted so they're not constantly pestering you to play with them, they sleep great the entire night afterwards, exercise keeps them happy and healthy, and socializing with other dogs helps prevent them from becoming aggressive to other dogs.

Also, it's a nice social hangout for you, it's nice to get outside during good weather, and you get to stretch your own legs as well.

Taken mine once. dude there with 3 huskies bullying other dogs a little i show up and his big male charged but my girl isnt to be bullied and she chested up to him and he stopped in his tracks and that was that.

Female dogs don't take any shit.

It's a great place to get your dog to play with other dogs, which serves four purposes - getting them exhausted so they're not constantly pestering you to play with them, they sleep great the entire night afterwards, exercise keeps them happy and healthy, and socializing with other dogs helps prevent them from becoming aggressive to other dogs.

Also, it's a nice social hangout for you, it's nice to get outside during good weather, and you get to stretch your own legs as well.

Totally understandable, I just don't see why people don't take their dogs hiking with friends and accomplish the same things, only without all of the random riff raff that could potentially lead to bullshit.

Totally understandable, I just don't see why people don't take their dogs hiking with friends and accomplish the same things, only without all of the random riff raff that could potentially lead to bullshit.

Friends are busy sometimes. Everyone's schedules is inconsistent.

If the weather is good, that's a guarantee that the dog park is busy.

Female dogs don't take any shit.

You would react the same way if some strangers were trying to stick you in the back door without as much as a proper introduction:icon_chee

Your Spidey senses would be "on guard" the entire time if you were walking around with your privates on display for the whole world to see and everybody was waiting to mount you at any and all opportunities with the sole mission of knocking your fillings loose before going on their merry way.

You would react the same way if some strangers were trying to stick you in the back door without as much as a proper introduction:icon_chee

Your Spidey senses would be "on guard" the entire time if you were walking around with your privates on display for the whole world to see and everybody was waiting to mount you at any and all opportunities with the sole mission of knocking your fillings loose before going on their merry way.

Lol it all makes sense now.

Down here actually, Pit Bulls seem to be a kind of a red neck thing, not so much getto. My wife has some Louisiana small town family and they love and swear by pit pulls.

Definitely not a fan of them myself and I don't let me kids out of my site when we visit. Though the pit pulls seem more dopey/happy (like a lab) than aggressive.

That is/was actually their natural behavior around humans. They were originally fantastic house pets, in fact in the early 1900's and after ww1 & ww2 it was seen as America's dog, the most popular house wife dog, popular in advertising, popular among celebrities and politicians(little rascals is a good example). Durable/high pain tolerance (this is good for when kids play with the dog), very loyal and eager to please( they are trained quite easily if the effort is put forth, they are very intelligent and were used as service/therapy animals often. Hellen Keller had one among many others). They can be lazy all day or play all day. They were actually seen as unfit to be guard dogs back then because they were bread to be very human friendly, as human bitters were culled from the breed from the beginning. They were originally used as catch dogs then that transitioned to fighting. In early America when immigrants brought them over they went back to being predominantly used as a catch dog/work horses and loyal house pets.

It is really sad what people have done to the breed. They have a great history up until recently.

You can find many Pits in advertisements and pictured with kids from that era.
Ww1poster.jpg

Pit-Bull-child-3.jpe

6a00d83451580669e2014e893074d9970d-320wi

pit.jpg

I am not trying to incite a argument with anyone, just stating some history that I've come across.

I am not trying to incite a argument with anyone, just stating some history that I've come across.

I have never once met or witnessed a pitbull that wasn't incredibly affectionate and sweet. I have multiple friends with pits and they are all the types of dogs that will climb up into your lap and love you.

All the other A-holes at the park start yelling at me to keep my hands off him.

Of course those idiots are more concerned about some special needs kid over a 4 month old puppy that just got FG kicked. Obviously you meant to hurt the kid in trying to keep him from a second attempt at cracking your dog's ribs.

Kind of sickening to thing other dog owners showed such a lack of sympathy towards a defenseless, immature animal being assaulted by a human being, mentally retarded or no.

I have never once met or witnessed a pitbull that wasn't incredibly affectionate and sweet. I have multiple friends with pits and they are all the types of dogs that will climb up into your lap and love you.

I've never seen a person get bit by one, but I've seen quite a few pits lock onto other dogs while growing up down south. Probably the worst incident was going on a beer run at a buddies 21st birthday and coming back to his house to find his GF screaming in the backyard as one of their pits killed its own brother. It was a really bad scene. She and a neighbor lady tried to break the dogs up but were unable to do so before one was fatally injured.

The scariest part about the whole thing was that these dogs played together since birth and had never acted aggressively toward each other besides a little play fighting. I remember their Vet told them that a dogs temperament can change quite a bit as they get older. I want to say that these dogs were like 2-3 years old.

I stay away. Too many loser owners who don't pickup their dog's shit.

My 1 year old pyrenees dog went to the dog park a few hours ago. He’s able to get along with kids a people pretty well so we decided to try to get him used to dogs. We made sure to use a leash and walk around to calm him down. Since we went a few hours before sunset, it wasn’t as crowded. A few dog owners were there and we explained to them that we were new and the dog was nervous. They understood. My dog growled and snapped his mouth a few times but didn’t bite. It might’ve been from us pulling him away or it was just a warning. I’m pretty sure and hoping that he didn’t have the intention to actually harm the other dogs, since it happened more then 3 times. No one got hurt and the dogs around who were snarled at were still fine and wanted to play. About half an hour in, He has calmed down. He didn’t snap at anymore nor growled. But he did back away and jump. That’s about it. But suddenly, a dog suddenly charges at us. Like a normal dog, he panicked and snarled at the dog. The owner comes and starts cursing infront of my dad, me, my younger siblings (one was 8). We told them it was our first time and that we were trying to calm the dog down. Ignored. He continued to yell and curse, yelling things like “GET YOUR FUCKING DOG OUT OF THIS PLACE AND DONT FUCKING COME BACK”. And “MY DOG HAS BEEN BIT FUCKING TWO TIMES BY AGGRESSIVE DOGS LIKE YOURS.IF YOU CANT GET THEM UNDER CONTROL, DONT FUCKING BRING THEM”. At this point, my eight year old sister is on the verge of crying cause she was terrified. My dog was normally a calm dog, but was excited. He was already getting used to the park and the dogs before this incident. I’m not really sure if it’s our fault that our dog got aggressive or if it’s his dog for charging at us. Any ideas?

My 1 year old pyrenees dog went to the dog park a few hours ago. He’s able to get along with kids a people pretty well so we decided to try to get him used to dogs. We made sure to use a leash and walk around to calm him down. Since we went a few hours before sunset, it wasn’t as crowded. A few dog owners were there and we explained to them that we were new and the dog was nervous. They understood. My dog growled and snapped his mouth a few times but didn’t bite. It might’ve been from us pulling him away or it was just a warning. I’m pretty sure and hoping that he didn’t have the intention to actually harm the other dogs, since it happened more then 3 times. No one got hurt and the dogs around who were snarled at were still fine and wanted to play. About half an hour in, He has calmed down. He didn’t snap at anymore nor growled. But he did back away and jump. That’s about it. But suddenly, a dog suddenly charges at us. Like a normal dog, he panicked and snarled at the dog. The owner comes and starts cursing infront of my dad, me, my younger siblings (one was 8). We told them it was our first time and that we were trying to calm the dog down. Ignored. He continued to yell and curse, yelling things like “GET YOUR FUCKING DOG OUT OF THIS PLACE AND DONT FUCKING COME BACK”. And “MY DOG HAS BEEN BIT FUCKING TWO TIMES BY AGGRESSIVE DOGS LIKE YOURS.IF YOU CANT GET THEM UNDER CONTROL, DONT FUCKING BRING THEM”. At this point, my eight year old sister is on the verge of crying cause she was terrified. My dog was normally a calm dog, but was excited. He was already getting used to the park and the dogs before this incident. I’m not really sure if it’s our fault that our dog got aggressive or if it’s his dog for charging at us. Any ideas?

Dogs on leash will be protective. It’s funny because many times the “aggressive” dog is only being that way because he’s on leash. If the dog was free they’d just run up and sniff each other’s butts

As someone who works with dogs.... fuck dog parks. Won't catch me at one.
100% this. Dog parks are full of assholes who can't control their dogs, or their kids.

There is zero upside to taking your dog to one and a ton of negatives.
We get so many police calls at our dog park for idiot owners with out of control dogs.

Only good if no one is there and your dog has no where else to run and play fetch.

The moral to all this: don't have pets lol. That's what I do.

I wonder about the states that have these nightmare dog parks. I haven't experienced a totally out of hand park in my area

Ok, I think I've told this story before.... I brought my 4 month old puppy to the dog park and among the 15 or so people there was a mid to late teens retard. He's there with his mom and his dog. So this special needs fellow comes up to me and says "mister, can I pet your puppy?"

I say "sure go ahead"

My dog was rambling around smelling things and minding his own business. This kid goes to pet him but my dog just keeps cruising around and doesn't stop to be petted.

This kid turns and full on soccer kicks my dog right in the ribs.

Dog goes flying and rolls to a stop 10 feet away crying and freaked out.

I say "what the fuck!" And run over as the kid is advancing on my dog again.

I got there and delivered a stiff arm to the shoulder just as he swings his leg to deliver another kick.

I yell "stop!" As his mom runs over and grabs his hand.

All the other A-holes at the park start yelling at me to keep my hands off him.

The mom took her kid from the park at that point and I learned my lesson about dog parks.

Interdasting story

Strange feeling when you the victin gets blamed.

I was waling my dog off leash on this trail which is not off leash but everyone does it. This dog comes running up and smells my dog. All is good. Then the other dog, a 15ish pounder, comes up to my 9 year old kid and starts barking and kind of hearding her. The lady owner of the other dog is like "lol he's trying to heard your daughter". My wife is alllike "yeah, well you may want to stop that". My kid is like "wtf". My dog, 60lb olde english bulldogge so pretty sturdy but super friendly, comes over and backs donw the other dog, b/c she obviously figured out the other dog was being too pushy with her pack.

The lady owner was like "control you aggressive dog! its going to hurt my dog".

My wife and I are both like "the fuck lady?"

By this time a few other people and their dogs are around, walking past, hanging out b/c their dogs are checking stuf out. A few of them are like at me "you should not have an aggressive dog off leash here. You will ruin it for all fo us!".

Nice necro. I bet there are more dog park horror stories out there.

I would bring a great dane to a dog park near me. But since he was a good dog and raised right, he never bothered no-one. Cept for the usual dogy dog inspections

Back