Dog Park Horror Stories

Ok, I think I've told this story before.... I brought my 4 month old puppy to the dog park and among the 15 or so people there was a mid to late teens retard. He's there with his mom and his dog. So this special needs fellow comes up to me and says "mister, can I pet your puppy?"

I say "sure go ahead"

My dog was rambling around smelling things and minding his own business. This kid goes to pet him but my dog just keeps cruising around and doesn't stop to be petted.

This kid turns and full on soccer kicks my dog right in the ribs.

Dog goes flying and rolls to a stop 10 feet away crying and freaked out.

I say "what the fuck!" And run over as the kid is advancing on my dog again.

I got there and delivered a stiff arm to the shoulder just as he swings his leg to deliver another kick.

I yell "stop!" As his mom runs over and grabs his hand.

All the other A-holes at the park start yelling at me to keep my hands off him.

The mom took her kid from the park at that point and I learned my lesson about dog parks.

Interdasting story
fuck that retard

Not a horrible story but a cute one. My frenchie was not about the dog park. Me and my ex brought her in and she looked around and sniffed the urine and started walking backwards out of there. She thought it was gross. She loved to play with other flat faced dogs at doggie daycare though.

Ok, I think I've told this story before.... I brought my 4 month old puppy to the dog park and among the 15 or so people there was a mid to late teens retard. He's there with his mom and his dog. So this special needs fellow comes up to me and says "mister, can I pet your puppy?"

I say "sure go ahead"

My dog was rambling around smelling things and minding his own business. This kid goes to pet him but my dog just keeps cruising around and doesn't stop to be petted.

This kid turns and full on soccer kicks my dog right in the ribs.

Dog goes flying and rolls to a stop 10 feet away crying and freaked out.

I say "what the fuck!" And run over as the kid is advancing on my dog again.

I got there and delivered a stiff arm to the shoulder just as he swings his leg to deliver another kick.

I yell "stop!" As his mom runs over and grabs his hand.

All the other A-holes at the park start yelling at me to keep my hands off him.

The mom took her kid from the park at that point and I learned my lesson about dog parks.

Interdasting story

Dude you have serious restraint. I would have probably killed that fucking tard and not felt bad about it. Some fucking kid made a motion towards kicking my dog once "just kidding" and I almost curb stomped him. If I didn't have my dog on leash to protect, I would have. He had his fat bitch sister with him so I had to make a choice and I chose to protect my dog. He got off easy.

You stood there and watched him get molested and are wondering why he was pissed off???

i have an 80 lb dog and an ankle biter, so we get stuck going into the big dog part, even though we are more suited for the little dogs area. well the ankle biter has a severe napoleon complex. any dogs get anywhere near them, she starts going crazy, snapping at them, etc. i have to watch her real close, because so far i am lucky that no other dogs have called her bluff. but i am afraid one day she will try that with the wrong dog.

my most embarrassing moment ever came at a dog park. i am in a full sprint after my dogs playing. out of the blue this other dog side swipes me and sends me flying in the air. dont know where the little fucker came from, but he was just being a dick. one shoe even went flying off. the other dog parents in the park had a great laugh

"Bad" dog owner here

Before long, on a few occasions, a couple of the older dogs took offense at his behavior & attacked him. This never bothered me as, as far as I'm concerned, they're just being dogs, plus he brought it on himself trying to take their toy away.

Not just bad dog but bad owner as well. You just described yourself as what many here have complained about.

Owners who do nothing when their dog is causing trouble and play it off as innocent.
That jrt was killed because of the same thing.

Why is a fire hydrant in the middle of a dog park?

It's their bathroom 😂

Dude you have serious restraint. I would have probably killed that fucking tard and not felt bad about it. Some fucking kid made a motion towards kicking my dog once "just kidding" and I almost curb stomped him. If I didn't have my dog on leash to protect, I would have. He had his fat bitch sister with him so I had to make a choice and I chose to protect my dog. He got off easy.

Boerbol's look scary as hell.

My 20 lb terrier mix was playing with a frickin boerbol (mastiff type dog from s africa)

All was good but gradually the beast was getting rougher and finally just pinned my poor girl down. No real damage at all or actual violence. The big dog was still playing, just roughly.

Probably my fault for not heeding the changes in body language and letting it start at all. Lesson learned

Kids in general are real cruel to animals in many cases. You have to be real careful with them around.
My dad had rabbits as pets when he was younger.

Many of them were dead one day and it turned out a kid (visiting relative) was picking them up and beating them with a stick.

Last edited:
My dog (blue heeler) hates meeting new dogs and I hate socializing with strangers because we both have dogs.

Suffice to say, we don't frequent dog parks and live happily

Not just bad dog but bad owner as well. You just described yourself as what many here have complained about.

That's exactly what I meant.

Owners who do nothing when their dog is causing trouble and play it off as innocent.
That jrt was killed because of the same thing.

What's your idea of "causing trouble"? If a dog has a stick in their mouth is it unreasonable that another dog would try to take it? If they try to take it while remaining friendly and playful is that "causing trouble"?

The one time my dog bit first I acknowledge it was inexcusable and he has not been back since.

That's exactly what I meant.

What's your idea of "causing trouble"? If a dog has a stick in their mouth is it unreasonable that another dog would try to take it? If they try to take it while remaining friendly and playful is that "causing trouble"?

The one time my dog bit first I acknowledge it was inexcusable and he has not been back since.

Just know that your dog's response was natural and the result of millions of years of evolution. What's unnatural is the dog park; dogs are pack animals and the dogs at the park are not part of their pack thus if they want to get along they have to establish a pack order at the park. Your dog was just establishing himself.

Dog parks are a terrible idea. Especially if your dog is extremely submissive or extremely dominant. I fully believe you can ruin a confident and happy dog by exposing him to the wrong dogs. I'd suggest you hand pick who plays with your dog.

Not really a scary story but there's a bird park (which might as well be a dog park) in my mom's neighborhood. It's heavily wooded but the boundaries are fenced except the entrance, so people let their dogs run. And run they do. Don't know what it is about this place, but dogs here just take off running. They don't even play, just sprint around.

My dogs do it to, and once took off after a couple dobermanish looking dogs and ran in to some brush. I hear a loud yelp maybe 10 seconds later and start to get worried since I thought there was a fight. Nope, mine come running out and one of them had managed to run straight in to a razor thorn bush. Had probably 10 thorns sticking out of her face.

I feel bad these days since I have kids now and don't get to take the dogs to the park. We at least have back yard and a dog door so they can go outside and run around a bit whenever they want.

I can't take my dog to the park because she's mean. What also ticks me off is people in my apartment complex that taking their dogs outside without leashes. My dog is not nice. She's not going to kill you or your dog, but I keep her on a leash (duh). But if your dog is not on a leash and comes up to my dog when I'm taking her out and my dog bites your dog, I KNOW they would blame me like it's my fault they are a retard and don't leash their dog and I ain't gonna give a F.

I had the same situation. Lived in an apartment and had a little dog that HATED other dogs. I'd be walking the dog so it could shit and I could leave for work. Inevitably, some idiot without a leash would let their dog run across the area to interact with my dog--which would set my dog off into a frenzy and of course distract her from the job at hand, making me late for work. So what I started doing was yelling at people's dogs like you would a stray, "Git out of here!!" lol. People would get the picture.

After a few good scraps I don't bother anymore. My dog just got too big, and too aggressive toward other big males. He is content with staying on the leash.

Everybody already knows how Pits can be but watch out for Huskys also. They act skittish around other dogs from what I've noticed at the dog park I frequent.

Luckily I live in Sydney Australia and we don't have ghetto dog owners and pit bulls or other unwieldy dog breeds come to the dog parks. Not that I don't like pitt bulls or anything (though I find them to be ugly facially), just that nothing annoys me more than when people have an animal they can't control.

If you have a pet please be capable of controlling/protecting it from other animals and for heavens sake don't let it escape. Usually it's woman who struggle with animal control but some men do too (as the stories in this thread attest).

Everybody at my dog park with a pitbull is a suburban white person so calm down with the "ghetto" stuff , chief.

Everybody at my dog park with a pitbull is a suburban white person so calm down with the "ghetto" stuff , chief.

Down here actually, Pit Bulls seem to be a kind of a red neck thing, not so much getto. My wife has some Louisiana small town family and they love and swear by pit pulls.

Definitely not a fan of them myself and I don't let me kids out of my site when we visit. Though the pit pulls seem more dopey/happy (like a lab) than aggressive.

Taken mine once. dude there with 3 huskies bullying other dogs a little i show up and his big male charged but my girl isnt to be bullied and she chested up to him and he stopped in his tracks and that was that.

I had the same situation. Lived in an apartment and had a little dog that HATED other dogs. I'd be walking the dog so it could shit and I could leave for work. Inevitably, some idiot without a leash would let their dog run across the area to interact with my dog--which would set my dog off into a frenzy and of course distract her from the job at hand, making me late for work. So what I started doing was yelling at people's dogs like you would a stray, "Git out of here!!" lol. People would get the picture.

Lmao. Some people just think the rules don't apply to them. The apt complex has a rule about leashing your dog and they've sent reminders. This one lady a floor below me just opens her door and two little dogs run out down the stairs and she follows them. But 90% of the time there is a dog or person out when she does it and they lose their mind and run over to them/it. Luckily I've never encountered these dogs yet but I don't know would happen if they run up on my dog. My dog will either run away or bite them I assume. Don't really wanna get into such a situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back