Dog Park Horror Stories

TrainAllDay

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Sorry for the misleading title.

I don't have a horror story for you guys but let me explain...

So today at the dog park I brought my 6 month old pup to play at a park he's been going to for awhile now (incident free).... Today though, a larger dog was pestering him and wouldn't stop trying to mount him. The owner of said dog was laughing off this act saying her dog is "just a weirdo"

dog-park-3.jpg

My pup started to get annoyed and eventually snarled viciously at the older dog. This disturbed me because he has never exhibited aggressive behavior before and also because the older dog could have killed him if it wanted to.

Anyways, I could easily see that type of situation dissolving into a bad dog fight. Luckily my dog was a puppy.

Where are my dog owners at?

any "horror stories" about the dog park? bad owners? bad dogs? fights? attacks?

Ok, I think I've told this story before.... I brought my 4 month old puppy to the dog park and among the 15 or so people there was a mid to late teens retard. He's there with his mom and his dog. So this special needs fellow comes up to me and says "mister, can I pet your puppy?"

I say "sure go ahead"

My dog was rambling around smelling things and minding his own business. This kid goes to pet him but my dog just keeps cruising around and doesn't stop to be petted.

This kid turns and full on soccer kicks my dog right in the ribs.

Dog goes flying and rolls to a stop 10 feet away crying and freaked out.

I say "what the fuck!" And run over as the kid is advancing on my dog again.

I got there and delivered a stiff arm to the shoulder just as he swings his leg to deliver another kick.

I yell "stop!" As his mom runs over and grabs his hand.

All the other A-holes at the park start yelling at me to keep my hands off him.

The mom took her kid from the park at that point and I learned my lesson about dog parks.

Interdasting story

No horror stories from me but I will say this:

Anyone who doesn't pick up their dogs shit should be publicly flogged.

As someone who works with dogs.... fuck dog parks. Won't catch me at one.

Ok, I think I've told this story before.... I brought my 4 month old puppy to the dog park and among the 15 or so people there was a mid to late teens retard. He's there with his mom and his dog. So this special needs fellow comes up to me and says "mister, can I pet your puppy?"

I say "sure go ahead"

My dog was rambling around smelling things and minding his own business. This kid goes to pet him but my dog just keeps cruising around and doesn't stop to be petted.

I got there and delivered a stiff arm to the shoulder just as he swings his leg to deliver another kick.

The mom took her kid from the park at that point and I learned my lesson about dog parks.

Interdasting story

Lmfao

My dog freaks out on other dogs its embarassing. He's a nice pug. He's great with kids and strangers whoever, really sweet.

But when he encounters another dog half the time he loses it and barks. The other half he will be really nice and hang out but as soon as I leave he loses it and viciously barks at the dog. Though he would never actually Bite another dog. Once a bulldog off leash came up to him and of course my dog is barking crazy then the pug bit him and my dog just backed up confused (although continued barking once he was out of bite length ).

So I don't take him to dog parks. Everyone in my nerighborhood walks their dogs and let's them all say hi to each other when they walk. I'm the guy with the cone of shame that has to cross the street whenever there's another dog walking

This large black lab would try to force other dogs underwater in the pond. One dudes like 6-7 month old aus shepherd was basically being assaulted by it, seemed like it was trying to drown the dog. The owner of the pup jumped in(belly button high water) and basically picked up the lab by the neck and tossed it aside. The owner of the black lab was an idiot and had no control of the dog and didn't seem to care. The Aus Shepherd owner was just livid with the dude and left before he snapped.

Saw a Pit kill a JRT. The pit was a regular and really friendly. The JRT was a little shit and wouldn't stop bothering(biting at it and other shit) the pit and a GSD(same owner). The jrt then jumped up and latched on the pits ear(like full weight hanging from it and twirling about) and tore it up before the Pit dragged it off with it's paw and bit it once and jumped away. Well it broke the jrt's spine. JRT owner was sad but knew it was his dogs fault. I think it was actually the paw and the full weight of the pit pushing the dog down that did it but I can't remember.

Other than that just quick little fights and nothing else too crazy.

So today at the dog park I brought my 6 month old pup to play at a park he's been going to for awhile now (incident free).... Today though, a larger dog was pestering him and wouldn't stop trying to mount him. The owner of said dog was laughing off this act saying her dog is "just a weirdo"

Is 6 months even legal for dogs? Explain to this bish that her dog is a PEDO

I say "sure go ahead"

Interdasting story

Jesus... IDK how you didnt drop that kid. I wouldnt have been thinking so clearly

This large black lab would try to force other dogs underwater in the pond. One dudes like 6-7 month old aus shepherd was basically being assaulted by it, seemed like it was trying to drown the dog. The owner of the pup jumped in(belly button high water) and basically picked up the lab by the neck and tossed it aside. The owner of the black lab was an idiot and had no control of the dog and didn't seem to care. The Aus Shepherd owner was just livid with the dude and left before he snapped.

Saw a Pit kill a JRT. The pit was a regular and really friendly. The JRT was a little shit and wouldn't stop bothering(biting at it and other shit) the pit and a GSD(same owner). The jrt then jumped up and latched on the pits ear(like full weight hanging from it and twirling about) and tore it up before the Pit dragged it off with it's paw and bit it once and jumped away. Well it broke the jrt's spine. JRT owner was sad but knew it was his dogs fault. I think it was actually the paw and the full weight of the pit pushing the dog down that did it but I can't remember.

Other than that just quick little fights and nothing else too crazy.

damn, why are JRT's such little shits most of the time lol, I still feel bad for the guy ha

How would you feel if some asshole came out of nowhere and tried to rape you?!?!?... Thread!. ....... Stupid!!!!

. . . Anyways, I could easily see that type of situation dissolving into a bad dog fight. Luckily my dog was a puppy.

This seems contradictory. A bad dog fight would be one involving dogs of different sizes and capabilities. Two similar dogs getting in a bit of a tussle isn't a big deal. Dogs learn a lot of social behavior by discovering what causes the other dog to respond violently. Ideally, they learn it young, with other developing dogs. It's usually only a problem if one dog is dominant enough to quickly seriously harm the other, or if both sets of owners are women or seniors that can't physically dominate a dog themselves. Of course, some dogs are simply mentally unstable. Some are intentionally bred that way.

I've never had any problems at dog parks. But my girlfriend's Lab did get attacked by the neighbors mean Lab once and I had to break that up. Also, down at an off-leash area by the river he apparently got bitten by a pitbull in front of my girlfriend. The owners took off before I returned though. I regret going back to the car to grab something at that moment, considering that the pitbull was behaving aggressively while I had been throwing a stick into the water for the Lab to fetch. It was amusing because that stupid pitbull was incapable of swimming and couldn't even run very well so it was watching in frustration as the Lab had fun. The Lab had spent plenty of time on a farm with dogs of various sizes so I'm sure he resolved the situation himself by snapping back, but you never know how it could have escalated and I should have been there for him. My girlfriend certainly didn't have it in her to take out a dog if necessary.

Jesus... IDK how you didnt drop that kid. I wouldnt have been thinking so clearly

Yeah, retard or not, he clearly needed a basic lesson on the symmetry of violence. It's basic physics: for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. The people with him have obviously been shielding him from that reality, and if he can't handle it don't take him out in public.

My worst horror story is about a hipster douche that couldn't throw a tennis ball to save his life. Threw it like a retarded prepubescent girl. I was shocked and saddened when I saw this guy had a son and was trying to teach him how to play catch with the dog.

on weekends i often like to take the dog for a quick walk up to the local cafe to get a coffee first thing in the morning, its usually a nice relaxing way to start the day. Since it's not particularly long way i like to let the dog take his time and sniff as much stuff and piss on add many trees as he wants to. I'm not in a rush and the walk is fur his benefit, not mine, otherwise i would simply drive.

So the other day I'm out on the walk and the little guy decides to take a dump on the grass strip next to the footpath. Just as he goes into his squat a pretty looking lady on her morning jog comes around the corner and stares at me like i myself am taking a shit right there on the path.

I just chuckled, patted the dog when he was done and enjoyed my coffee. I love dogs.

the last time i took my dog to the dog park, some asshole with a doberman wouldnt get it under control when it kept getting aggressive with my husky

i dont mind dogs playing rough, but a few times it would bite her until she yelped and didnt let go until she muscled her way out of it (shes thick solid and tight, just submissive until pressed). i started standing over her and pushing the doberman away and the owner got mad for pushing his dog. "stop touching him, hes a nice dog, he isnt hurting her!". i told him to get his away from mine or i would handle it myself. after 2-3 minutes of him yelling for me to stop touching his dog (as it was snapping at my dog who was laying between my ankles). it bit her and wouldnt let go, so i punched it in the neck as hard as i could and it ran away whimpering

i had a big scene with the guy and he stormed out of the park

that was not the first time someone with a "dangerous" breed was fucking with all the other dogs so stopped going. my dog has been attacked by a pit bull one time since (made a thread on it) that i had to defend her from

i just dont trust random owners anymore unless they really display control over their dog

Dog parks only work in decent areas. When I lived in Portland, I never had a problem at any of the dog parks. However, when I lived in South Texas they tried to open a dog park, but it didn't last more than 6 months before my city shut it down, due to all the dog fights and violence that occurred there.

I would see the occasional dumb-shit with a pit bull in Portland too, but the park I went to in Texas would be about 75% pits on a typical afternoon, and the bulk of these dogs were owned by trash. It was a really bad scene. I took my dog a few times, but after seeing a few really bad dog fights, I new my dog would be eventually attacked, so I quit taking her there just before they shut it down.

Back