Does the UFC no longer have the best welterweight in the world?

Matt Serra is better than GSP?
Uriah Hall is better than Gegard Mousasi?
Michael Bisping is better than Luke Rockhold?

The only difference is Woodley never got a 2nd fight with Rory and people blindly say he would lose again out of emotional hate towards Woodley's personality.

Woodley KOd Lawler and Condit, 2 guys who finished Rory.
He also beat Wonderboy (another guy who flawlessly outclassed and beat Rory) and nearly finished him 4 different times.

Even IF Rory were to beat Woodley again then Woodley would still be the fighter as he has the better wins and beat all the guys Rory Macdonald got his ass whooped by.

Your examples at the start were all fairly quick finishes and mostly considered as flukes with the loser expected to take the rematch quite handily.

Rory won a unanimous decision, leaving no doubt in the eyes of the judges who the superior fighter was over 15 minutes.

Styles make fights.

People bringing up Woodley's loss to Rory, but Woodley is a much more sound fighter now. I got Woodley if a rematch were to happen.

It's possible. Aside from Lima, Koreshkov is damn good, as well, and could beat MacDonald and Woodley. For all the talk about the best not fighting the best in boxing, the structure of MMA on the elite level still outright prevents many of the best fighters fighters in given divisions from fighting each other.

I love Rory’s style but I honestly think Woodley would beat him in a match up right now. Woodley has kept his athleticism at an older age and his game plan is second to none. Would be close either way but slight advantage Woodley IMO

Rorys nuthuggers at it again, 4 losses in the UFC and they all lost to Tyron.

Back