Does the UFC no longer have the best welterweight in the world?

Matt Serra is better than GSP?
Uriah Hall is better than Gegard Mousasi?
Michael Bisping is better than Luke Rockhold?

The only difference is Woodley never got a 2nd fight with Rory and people blindly say he would lose again out of emotional hate towards Woodley's personality.

Woodley KOd Lawler and Condit, 2 guys who finished Rory.
He also beat Wonderboy (another guy who flawlessly outclassed and beat Rory) and nearly finished him 4 different times.

Even IF Rory were to beat Woodley again then Woodley would still be the fighter as he has the better wins and beat all the guys Rory Macdonald got his ass whooped by.

You are comparing flash KO's to a dominant beating. Surely you can see the stupidity in that.

I like the tension this creates as Sherdog's hatred of Woodly is fighting with their hatred of Bellator.

They didn’t always, it comes and goes, sometimes ufc has the best divisions sometimes other companies do.
You would have to go back to SF HW division since the UFC didn't have all the best divisions

Rory Mac is the one guy on the Bellator roster that I wish was in the UFC, but its not like he didn't have his chances in the UFC.
He fought for a title and lost a #1 contender eliminator vs. Wonderboy.

1. Woodley
2. Thompson
3. RDA
4. Askren
5. Lawler

Rory not top 5 to me. Loses to Koreshkov, when and if they fight next. Daley and Lima are top 15 worldwide but not top 5, so it can't make Rory top 1 by itself..

What the aweet fuck is this list?? Rofl

Both guys are elite, if they fought today I'd pick Tyron. Would love to see a rematch!

What the aweet fuck is this list?? Rofl
How am i wrong?

Look their recent resumes, Tyron is 5-0-1 in last 6, he has to be #1, also he's the UFC champion, the top organization.

Thompson is 4-1-1 and that loss is to #1 (Tyron), he has to be #2 aswell.

RDA comes undefeated at WW and just beat the former champion, #5 (Lawler). Deserves #3 imo.

Lawler 4-2, loses to #1 (Tyron) and #3 (RDA).

Rory 4-2, loses to #2 (Thompson) and #5 (Lawler).

The only one you can argue about is Askren because his wins sucks, i'll give you that..

Wonderboy > Rory.

But yeah, Bellator's WW champ is elite. The guy he beat, Lima, is damn good too, but maybe a little undersized.
Hm. Hard to agree with you here, Lima is one of the biggest WWs no doubt, he cuts from 200+, he's huge. He looked bigger than Rory to me..
If i'm not mistaken i heard Smith say he cut from 215 in some camp.

Other than that, i agree, Lima problem is his defensive grappling, he doesn't really know how to fight at his back.

Tyron. Honestly don't see how this form of Macdonald could beat Tyron again. He really didn't look that good against Lima, even before his shin got messed up he just looked kinda slow and clumsy

Rory was the never the same after the Robbie fight(s). The Rory that beat Tyrone is not the Rory of today

Styles make fights. Rory is better than Tyrone factually because he beat Tyrone. Tyrone beat Robbie by a huge overhand. Rory doesent have 1 punch KO power. Never has. But Rory is much better Technically and doesn't gas. MMA is a funny thing.

That doesn't mean he's better than him because he beat him tho. You know better than that.

Dude, Rory smoked Woodley when they fought. who's better you say? Rory! people shit on Rory so much, I not only see it on Sherdog, but just any social media site or what have you. Rory left the UFC because of his pay, that's it! If the UFC would've given him what he wanted, then Rory would be champion rn, because, he would beat Wonderboy in a rematch and same with Woodley. people want to bring up the Lawler fight and shit on him for that, but forget that they went to war for 4 HARD rounds before the 5th (which can you do that TS?!) and his nose was shattered and he was in so much pain, couldn't breathe through his nose, fought with so much heart, but when Robbie landed that clean punch on his nose, he just went down. tell me the last damn time Tyron Woodley's ever been in a scrap like that, lmao his ass just backs up against the cage, because, he's scared to engage.

Rory was not the same fighter in the Thompson fight either and I'm sure I can get people to agree to that as well.

But, Rory beats Woodley in a rematch, same as Wonderboy, he'd kill whoever the fuck that Covington dude is, Condit, like the only person I see in the current UFC WW division giving Rory a run for his money would be RDA, but I see Rory going through him too in a war. Rory's currently the best WW on the planet rn, watch his fight with Lima and you'll see how much of a beast he his. the dude got his leg destroyed and still managed to come back in the last round and win the fight, that's a true champion, at least he doesn't have the record for the least amount of strikes through in a championship fight.....

Damn dude. Biased much?

Rory 9-4 UFC
Tyron 16-3-1 UFC/SF (8-2-1 UFC)

Rory 0-1 UFC title fights
Tyron 3-1-1 UFC/SF (3-0-1 UFC) title fights

Since their fight almost 4 years ago
Rory 1-2 UFC, left for Bellator.
Tyron 5-0-1 UFC, captured UFC belt and defended it consistently.

Tyron is a country mile ahead of Rory at this point honestly.

In mma you can be the overall best even if there may be another fighter that can consistently beat you. Everyone has a bad match up, what's more important is who would win against the highest percentage of other fighters in that division. That's probably woodley and Thompson for me. I really don't see anyone other than Woodley being fast enough to close the gap on Thompson. Masvidal's considered one of the better boxers in mma and he was missing by feet at times.

Last edited:
Styles make fights. Rory is better than Tyrone factually because he beat Tyrone. Tyrone beat Robbie by a huge overhand. Rory doesent have 1 punch KO power. Never has. But Rory is much better Technically and doesn't gas. MMA is a funny thing.
Also Tyron beat post usada lawler.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
notnormal
Back