Does the UFC no longer have the best welterweight in the world?

steamboat100

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
Who do you think is better, Rory or Tyron? Honestly I'd say Tyron, especially after Rory couldn't put away Robbie and was bewildered by Thompson, though I know many would ardently argue that this is a case of MMA math.

Good to see that a rival promotion is picking up steam in challenging UFC for the best roster. Not very deep though.

Dont let the weasel drive the narrative

he is just nuthugging

9l98i.gif

EnchantingFortunateApatosaur-size_restricted.gif

tumblr_n76z7tL0He1rofocqo1_400.gif

g6_RoA.gif

Judging by the fact that Rory easily beat Tyrone in an actual fight. Ide say Rory is better.

They didn’t always, it comes and goes, sometimes ufc has the best divisions sometimes other companies do.

Who do you think is better, Rory or Tyron? Honestly I'd say Tyron, especially after Rory couldn't put away Robbie and was bewildered by Thompson, though I know many would ardently argue that this is a case of MMA math.

Good to see that a rival promotion is picking up steam in challenging UFC for the best roster. Not very deep though.
Wonderboy > Rory.

But yeah, Bellator's WW champ is elite. The guy he beat, Lima, is damn good too, but maybe a little undersized.

Then what about him losing twice to Robbie who Woodley starched?
Styles make fights. Rory is better than Tyrone factually because he beat Tyrone. Tyrone beat Robbie by a huge overhand. Rory doesent have 1 punch KO power. Never has. But Rory is much better Technically and doesn't gas. MMA is a funny thing.

nowadays tyron should be ranked higher than rory
i m not sure if rory would beat tyron again simply because of how much injuries and damage rory took in his last few fights
but bellator ww top 3 is legit, rory lima and koreshkov are top fighters

Hope GSP comes back this year to rape Tyron Woodley and show the world once again that he will forever be the WW king and the GOAT.

Rory is numero uno.

Rory beat Woodley who beat Robbie who beat Rory.

Dafuq???

Actual fight > MMA math.
Matt Serra is better than GSP?
Uriah Hall is better than Gegard Mousasi?
Michael Bisping is better than Luke Rockhold?

The only difference is Woodley never got a 2nd fight with Rory and people blindly say he would lose again out of emotional hate towards Woodley's personality.

Woodley KOd Lawler and Condit, 2 guys who finished Rory.
He also beat Wonderboy (another guy who flawlessly outclassed and beat Rory) and nearly finished him 4 different times.

Even IF Rory were to beat Woodley again then Woodley would still be the fighter as he has the better wins and beat all the guys Rory Macdonald got his ass whooped by.

YWSh7Rq9_400x400.jpeg

If you look at the fights between Rory, Woodley, and Thompson, one could argue that it's Thompson who's the best of the three.

Dude, Rory smoked Woodley when they fought. who's better you say? Rory! people shit on Rory so much, I not only see it on Sherdog, but just any social media site or what have you. Rory left the UFC because of his pay, that's it! If the UFC would've given him what he wanted, then Rory would be champion rn, because, he would beat Wonderboy in a rematch and same with Woodley. people want to bring up the Lawler fight and shit on him for that, but forget that they went to war for 4 HARD rounds before the 5th (which can you do that TS?!) and his nose was shattered and he was in so much pain, couldn't breathe through his nose, fought with so much heart, but when Robbie landed that clean punch on his nose, he just went down. tell me the last damn time Tyron Woodley's ever been in a scrap like that, lmao his ass just backs up against the cage, because, he's scared to engage.

Rory was not the same fighter in the Thompson fight either and I'm sure I can get people to agree to that as well.

But, Rory beats Woodley in a rematch, same as Wonderboy, he'd kill whoever the fuck that Covington dude is, Condit, like the only person I see in the current UFC WW division giving Rory a run for his money would be RDA, but I see Rory going through him too in a war. Rory's currently the best WW on the planet rn, watch his fight with Lima and you'll see how much of a beast he his. the dude got his leg destroyed and still managed to come back in the last round and win the fight, that's a true champion, at least he doesn't have the record for the least amount of strikes through in a championship fight.....

Last edited:
1. Woodley
2. Thompson
3. RDA
4. Askren
5. Lawler

Rory not top 5 to me. Loses to Koreshkov, when and if they fight next. Daley and Lima are top 15 worldwide but not top 5, so it can't make Rory top 1 by itself..

Back