Does Khabib's openly expressing his Muslim faith bother you/diminish his marketability?

it is true. there was a mass shooting in the south this weekend. and just about every week there is a mass shooting. Evangelicals are some of the most pro gun Americans(i am not anti gun. i love hunting rifles and even pistols but no one needs an AR-15). But evangelicals love assault weapons as much as ISIS.

Evangelicals goal is to create a theocracy. ISIS goal is to create a theocracy. evangelicals are obsessed with the apocalypse and revelations. ISIS is obsessed with the apocalypse as well. Evangelicals think a woman's place is at home and subservient to their husbands including health decisions and reproductive rights. ISIS thinks their wives should stay at home and be subservient and make babies. Evangelicals are extremely against any form of rights for homosexuals and transgenders. ISIS is extremely against any rights for homosexuals. Evangelicals think the Bible is the literal word of god(even though its fucking translated from greek to latin to english). ISIS believes the Kuran is the literal word of god.

should i go on?

First of all, your notion that mass shootings are even frequent enough to warrant discussion is laughable and speaks to the kind of news media you've been following. The fact is mass shootings in the US make up a fraction of homicides, and an even smaller cause of total deaths. It's simply not the problem the media is making it out to be.

Secondly, your reasoning that because Evangelicals like guns, and there was a shooting in the South, that the shooter must have been Christian and had religious motivation is incredibly flawed. Just because a shooting took place in the South doesn't make it a Christian motivated attack.

And lastly, in regards to social norms and beliefs among Christians and Muslims, the last time I checked, gays and women weren't being whipped in public stadiums or set on fire or beheaded. If Christianity really were as obsessed and dangerous as ISIS, why aren't there Christian militants taking over towns all over the US?

In conclusion your entire argument seems to be based on the idea that Christianity and Islam are both socially backwards ideologies so they're both equally bad. Sam Harris (or Christopher Hitchens I can't rememer) had a great response to this where he said "Both can be equally wrong, but they are not equally bad."

Meh. I tend to think less of any grown adult who believes in fairy tales.

Its funny, they change guys names like Mirko Filipović to Mirko Cro Cop, and Renan Pegado to Renan Barao, but apparently Khabib Nurgamodomadearkazakstan is just fine

*Renan do Nascimento Mota Pegado (!)

His skin is white & he’s not from the Middle East; he won’t get much hate.

For hundreds of years people used Christianity as an excuse for things like Jim Crow, Apartheid, persecution of the jews, the slaughter of Native Americans and many other abominations.

Irrelevant. We're not talking about the past. Islam was just as fucked up at the same time.

I don't like when any fighters or athletes, or people in general, are overtly religious and can't stop talking about it. However, I don't give a shit if someone thanks God/Allah/Manson or whatever at the end of the fight.

For me, knowing that religion is a bad thing on earth and there's no reason to believe in god makes me bothered by anyone being Muslim.

You asked :D

I watch the man for his fighting ability, I do not care what his particular views on the afterlife and spirituality is and I am perfectly fine with him observing his faith. As long as he's not hurting other people(well, outside of his fighting career that is) why should I be bothered?

I care when he sits out for Ramadan because "the Lord wills it", then comes back and smashes a dude's face for 25 minutes. Come on bruh.

lol fundamentalism

no but I'm worried about how Ramadan effects him. isn't it like a month of partial fasting?

a couple of roommates practiced Ramadan and they were grumpy/tired AF. can't imagine training during that time.

no but I'm worried about how Ramadan effects him. isn't it like a month of partial fasting?

a couple of roommates practiced Ramadan and they were grumpy/tired AF. can't imagine training during that time.

Yeah its pretty tough, No eating, drinking, smoking, or sex from sunrise to sunset. Thankfully I've been married for 7 years now so don't have to worry about ever getting sex, and I quit smoking back in 2010.

I can tell you though the hardest part of ramadan was not smoking. THAT was harder than no food or water believe it or not.

The plus side is eating at night though. Food tastes so much better when you are starving.

I don't think it may be as much of an issue in any regard. Even if some may imply it, it's more because you brought it up and gave them the strawman excuse to mask the reason they really don't like him, which is just mostly because the are in man love mode for Colin.

Religious fighters that display their religion every time they can annoy me to no end.

Be it muslims, christians, Kebab, Romero etc

First of all, i want to thank God / Allahu Ackbar /Alhamdulilla etc etc *pointing up to the sky*

Not the person that annoys me, but the behavior.

Having so much faith in something a dude wrote ages ago (that has been rewritten over the years by other dudes).

Then Zabit Magomedshapirovachesvalbakislav is doomed.

Yes he is. These names suck and aren't market ale in the states. Too many letters. Imagine these dudes playing basketball. You'd need 3 jerseys to get their last name to fit

Back