Does Khabib's openly expressing his Muslim faith bother you/diminish his marketability?

Doesn’t bother me

but I am sometimes concerned with how Islam never went through a proper reformation like Christianity and does include some blatantly shitty ideas/values for modern society

This haven’t changed for Christians either. Southern Christians in America are just as radicalized in their views as Islamic extremists

His 1200 letter name diminished his brand.

You can’t market that terrible name

Its funny, they change guys names like Mirko Filipović to Mirko Cro Cop, and Renan Pegado to Renan Barao, but apparently Khabib Nurgamodomadearkazakstan is just fine

This haven’t changed for Christians either. Southern Christians in America are just as radicalized in their views as Islamic extremists

If that were true there would be constant bombings, shootings, beheadings, etc in the American South. There aren't.

Keep your mouth shut about shit that you obviously don't know about

No? Why would it bother me?

I come for smesh. He gives smesh. Perfect buisness relationship

Don't give a fuck , believe or do not believe in whatever the fuck you want.

I don't like Islam. I'd like to see him lose because I prefer strikers and more well-rounded guys. I'd much rather see Kevin Lee or Tony be champ.

Don't give a fuck , believe or do not believe in whatever the fuck you want.

Belief systems matter.

If he came out and said "I believe men should be able to rape babies" would you still think he's ok?

I’m not a fan of the Muslim religion but that’s not why I dislike khabib…reason I dislike khabib is because of his fake hypocrisy loving god attitude when he associates himself with the scum of the earth. Also he is a massive record paddler, 2 top 10 wins in 26 fights.

No. If anything I like him more. I've learned so much about different culture while watching MMA and this is no different. Its interesting seeing different beliefs and how people interact or react to these beliefs.

How would it even hurt his marketability? The racist people will tune in to watch him get KO'd. And the people that arent racist will watch Khabib anyway.
What he's doing is also insanely smart. Muslims and Russians are an untapped market that the UFC hasn't really touched yet. Khabib is getting the muslim and russians to follow him. That's a lot of back up.

Last edited:
I'm sure it hurts him in the eyes of some people, but I have a muslim friend who is an MMA fan and he loves Khabib because of his faith. So I think he has the potential to be a hero in much of the muslim world.

If khabib were to use his platform as champ to become preachy about his religion, then it would bother me. Don't like it when fighters get preachy, ala Romero, Benson and so on.

If that were true there would be constant bombings, shootings, beheadings, etc in the American South. There aren't.

it is true. there was a mass shooting in the south this weekend. and just about every week there is a mass shooting. Evangelicals are some of the most pro gun Americans(i am not anti gun. i love hunting rifles and even pistols but no one needs an AR-15). But evangelicals love assault weapons as much as ISIS.

Evangelicals goal is to create a theocracy. ISIS goal is to create a theocracy. evangelicals are obsessed with the apocalypse and revelations. ISIS is obsessed with the apocalypse as well. Evangelicals think a woman's place is at home and subservient to their husbands including health decisions and reproductive rights. ISIS thinks their wives should stay at home and be subservient and make babies. Evangelicals are extremely against any form of rights for homosexuals and transgenders. ISIS is extremely against any rights for homosexuals. Evangelicals think the Bible is the literal word of god(even though its fucking translated from greek to latin to english). ISIS believes the Kuran is the literal word of god.

should i go on?

People will be bothered when he starts losing.

He should come out dressed like an isis member next time for real LOLs

It's as bad as what goes on in the radical Muslim world, but there are still PLENTY of fucking retards doing stupid, awful shit in the name of Christianity all over the world too. And yes, large portions of the Murrican south are a cesspool.

You have to observe and answer for yourself, instead of naively expecting people to admit such a thing.

Back