Do you think Ngannou could have actually won with the right game plan?

he dont got the skills for a path to victory outside of landing a bomb in the first few minutes

Yeah Stipe was clearly figuring him out, that's why he did everything in his power to take the fight to the ground. And again, Ngannou clearly landed the harder shots.
He took him down because that gave him a 100% chance of winning. That doesn't mean he he had less than 50% chance of winning standing. Not that hard of a concept.

I had Stipe winning the standing in the first round. Stipe was clearly figuring him out as well. It was only a matter of time regardless of Ngannou's gameplan.
I thought Stipe could have stood and KO Ngannou if he so chose. But he went with the safer route

He took him down because that gave him a 100% chance of winning. That doesn't mean he he had less than 50% chance of winning standing. Not that hard of a concept.

Like I said, they were tied for significant strikes at distance and in the clinch in round 1, where most of the striking of that match took place, and Ngannou landed the harder shots so I reckon he won the striking exchanges that way. Just look at their faces at the end of the match and remember that Ngannou did that with just 1 round of mostly striking.

Like I said, they were tied for significant strikes at distance and in the clinch in round 1, where most of the striking of that match took place, and Ngannou landed the harder shots so I reckon he won the striking exchanges that way. Just look at their faces at the end of the match and remember that Ngannou did that with just 1 round of mostly striking.
I don't give a shit about the stats, and neither do the judges.

In any event, we can disagree on it. It's moot because it was an MMA match and Stipe won the round and dominated the fight.

I thought Stipe could have stood and KO Ngannou if he so chose. But he went with the safer route

I'm not so sure. Ngannou showed that he has a much better chin than anyone Stipe's faced besides Roy Nelson. Stipe was knocking people out in the first round his past five matches and Ngannou pretty much walked through all of his standing strikes. Didn't look fazed or rocked once.

I don't give a shit about the stats, and neither do the judges.

In any event, we can disagree on it. It's moot because it was an MMA match and Stipe won the round and dominated the fight.

So you believe evidence doesn't matter and the only thing that does is subjective opinions? OK then.

better conditioning and less ego. sprawl with underhooks. underhooks, whizzers. more setups with jabs to go with those wild hooks.

Cruz mentioned in the Burgos / Kattar fight how effective it was to land without putting everything into it. To setup the kill later on. I think the same method can be applied with Ngannou. He was too slow for Stipe.

Last edited:
Ngannou's strength is blitzing and KOing. Any gameplan that doesn't include that will likely fail.

Ngannou's problem is he's too big, too slow, and gasses too fast.

How on earth is Ngannou slow ? Him and JDS are probably tied for the fastest hand speed.

I think Ngannou could of won, he threw a lot of unnecessary shots that missed by miles. He needs to learn how to pace himself and choose his shots more selectively like Woodley.

What game plan would have allowed Ngannou to win vs Stipe?
I think if Francis didn't chase him to get an early KO, he could have paced himself for the whole 5 rounds. Then he would have had enough energy to get back up every time Stipe was on top of him. He could have waited for a good opportunity to counter...instead of being held down for 4 rounds.
He could have won last night if a solid power shot would have landed. Stipe narrowly slipped a few shots that had the potential to end the fight. So to answer your question he can beat him now and will be more likely able to beat him in the future when his game evolves.

I was rooting against Nganno last night but he showed a lot of heart by staying in the fight. He looked to be in cardio hell after the first round. Most heavyweights would have quit. I think the future can be bright for Nganno if he learns the right lessons from this experience. He is a physical specimen and mentally tough.

So you believe evidence doesn't matter and the only thing that does is subjective opinions? OK then.
Striking stats are nearly worthless for a lot of reasons. They don't indicate how cleanly the strikes land, for one. And what counts as landed and what counts as a power strike are subjective. The biggest fraud is believing that these statistics are objective. They are for entertainment value only.

Striking stats are nearly worthless for a lot of reasons. They don't indicate how cleanly the strikes land, for one. And what counts as landed and what counts as a power strike are subjective. The biggest fraud is believing that these statistics are objective. They are for entertainment value only.

No they aren't. Striking stats are one of the primary ways judges score fights. Do you have even the slightest clue what you're talking about because I'm beginning to get the feeling you're just making this shit up now?

He also needs to develop a more versatile striking game. Jabs, leg kicks, knees and all that stuff that usually arent instant ko but helps a lot.

No they aren't. Striking stats are one of the primary ways judges score fights. Do you have even the slightest clue what you're talking about because I'm beginning to get the feeling you're just making this shit up now?
Not the stats you see. The judges don't compile or look at stats.

"JDS, Overeem, and Stipe all have better striking, imo, but he does seem to have good leg kicks. Think JDS and Stipe both beat him.

I agree hes an exciting card filler and win or lose theres a fairly high chance someone is in their mid-thirties.
AWKWARD, Jan 28, 2017"

Just looking for somewhere to show how good I am at calling fights. In answer to the question: maybe finish his combos off with leg kicks? Idk, trash cardio and one dimensionality is hard to overcome when you're fighting the champ.

LOL no

People are ignoring that Stipe dominated the boxing exchanges too

Stipe completely out classed Ngannou..was a beautiful shutdown performance by Stipe....Stipe Is simply on another level

So happy that Stipe ended the Nagannou hype train. But of course certain sherdoggers would rather make excuses for Ngannou then give Stipe credit.

LOL no

People are ignoring that Stipe dominated the boxing exchanges too

Stipe completely out classed Ngannou..was a beautiful shutdown performance by Stipe....Stipe Is simply on another level

So happy that Stipe ended the Nagannou hype train. But of course certain sherdoggers would rather make excuses for Ngannou then give Stipe credit.

Again, the stats don't back up what you're saying here, and neither do their faces at the end of the match. How many times must I repeat myself before people get this?

Ngannou missed an unusual lot of strikes in the first, meaning he couldn't compensate getting tired by inflicting more damage to his opponent (who still ended-up pretty busted and tired). I feel like head movements and footwork were more crucial in Miocic's victory than his wrestling and Ngannou's gastank.

Ngannou missed an unusual lot of strikes in the first, meaning he couldn't compensate getting tired by inflicting more damage to his opponent (who still ended-up pretty busted and tired). I feel like head movements and footwork were more crucial in Miocic's victory than his wrestling and Ngannou's gastank.

In a fight that was 90% on the ground. What are you people smoking?

Back