Do you think Ngannou could have actually won with the right game plan?

Ngannou's strength is blitzing and KOing. Any gameplan that doesn't include that will likely fail.

Ngannou's problem is he's too big, too slow, and gasses too fast.

Come on now, Ngannou is NOT slow. He's slow when gassed, as is anyone, and the problem last night was that he gassed quickly. However in the first round he looked like his normal self, extremely quick for his size.

In a fight that was 90% on the ground. What are you people smoking?

It was on the ground once Ngannou got tired. Dude flipped Overeem's clinch and manipulated Hamilton like a child, Stipe had him gassed with the stand-up and then found constant success with wrestling.

Absolutely but that just comes with experience and he had to learn it this fight.

Francis needs to realize he hits like a tank and doesn’t need to load up to get people out of there.
He can jab and potshot and get guys out of there without trying to punch the guys head off.

Stipe has almost zombie
Like defense at times.

What’s worrisome is stipe sounded slurred and punchdrunk. Kind of like bowe after the golota fight.
That’s some irreversible damage.

And that’s from fighting a guy who’s done this for 5 years and the words bjj and wrestling are fairly new words to his vocabulary.

Francis showed that he’s tough as hell and doesn’t quit.
That’s a scary thing for opponents facing a guy who has such a menacing offense

I think he could.

What happened to Ngannou is similar to what happened to Rumble in the first Cormier fight.

It's not the first time we've seen Francis fighting a fighter with wresling approach. Ngannou was taken down and outgrappled in Henrique fight, than came back and scored a KO. We saw him more patient in previous fights, like Blaydes.

We've also seen Rumble being patient and well conditioned against Phil Davis for example.

But the thing is both of these fighters came into the title fights with probably lots of pressure which made them fight in a really stupid way, exchanging wild punches and trying to kill the champions with everything they throw. This kind of fight will exhaust you even if you are a welterweight (let alone a 120kg male), and if your opponent is a wrestler with good chin - well, you're fooked.

Ngannou is strong enough to defend Stipe's takedowns when he's fresh , and even in zombie mode he managed to hit Stipe a few times. With a grappling progress and right attitude towards a fight he can definitely beat Stipe in a rematch.

It was on the ground once Ngannou got tired. Dude flipped Overeem's clinch and manipulated Hamilton like a child, Stipe had him gassed with the stand-up and then found constant success with wrestling.

He did the same thing to Stipe he just grabbed his wrist and just threw him off.

Again, the stats don't back up what you're saying here, and neither do their faces at the end of the match. How many times must I repeat myself before people get this?
You don't know what you're watching then.

Stipe rocked Ngannou with rights and 1-2s when ever he committed.

Stipe was fienting Ngannou out of timing his uppercuts.

Stipe was on a completely different level and shut that hype train down

Stipe was like the bullfighter(matador) to Ngannou the bull blindly chasing.

Watch at the start how Stipe would lure to the fence then duck roll out and circle off the cage, making Ngannou chase and miss widley.

Stipe gassed Ngannou out being the matador.

Stipe then would lead on those off beats catching Ngannou as he was expecting a lull in the action

Or he would punish Ngannou for stepping in out of position.

Stipe complete shut down Ngannou...and the ground control was amazing by Stipe too

So happy Stipe ended the Ngannou hype train

I think he had 3 minutes to get a knockout.

Ngannou's strength is blitzing and KOing. Any gameplan that doesn't include that will likely fail.

Ngannou's problem is he's too big, too slow, and gasses too fast.
Yep. You had Rogan and certain sherdoggers going on and on about how "explosive" Ngannou was and how much of a "freak of freak athletes Ngannou is"...and the whole time I was just sitting there going ...."errr but Stipe is the better athlete lmao, and most importantly that Stipe has far superior skill with far superior IQ"

Beautiful shut down performance by Stipe to shut down the hype train. Stipe is the HW GOAT

THE REAL HW showdown is Stipe vs Cain

You don't know what you're watching then.

Stipe rocked Ngannou with rights and 1-2s when ever he committed.

Stipe was fienting Ngannou out of timing his uppercuts.

Stipe was on a completely different level and shut that hype train down

Stipe was like the bullfighter(matador) to Ngannou the bull blindly chasing.

Watch at the start how Stipe would lure to the fence then duck roll out and circle off the cage, making Ngannou chase and miss widley.

Stipe gassed Ngannou out being the matador.

Stipe then would lead on those off beats catching Ngannou as he was expecting a lull in the action

Or he would punish Ngannou for stepping in out of position.

Stipe complete shut down Ngannou...and the ground control was amazing by Stipe too

So happy Stipe ended the Ngannou hype train

You are completely making shit up. Ngannou never looked close to rocked at any point in that fight while he had Stipe on wobbly legs at leas twice. Ngannou fought stupidly and could have won if he hadn't chased the KO so much. That had nothing to do with what Stipe did and everything to do with the amount of pressure on Ngannou that caused him to make those rash decisions. And for a guy who was supposedly getting 'rocked' with rights and 1-2s he sure looked pretty good at the end of the match. Stipe...not so much. How do you explain that and the striking stats?

mmm, i don't think so. a lot of things need to be worked on it seems.

You are completely making shit up. Ngannou never looked close to rocked at any point in that fight while he had Stipe on wobbly legs at leas twice. Ngannou fought stupidly and could have won if he hadn't chased the KO so much. That had nothing to do with what Stipe did and everything to do with the amount of pressure on Ngannou that caused him to make those rash decisions. And for a guy who was supposedly getting 'rocked' with rights and 1-2s he sure looked pretty good at the end of the match. Stipe...not so much. How do you explain that and the striking stats?
Its obvious, you dont understand fighting.

Stipe had Ngannou rocked multiple times. I'm going to start making gifs now

Ngannou landed 2 shots the whole fight. And then instantly after landing the rare shot on Stipe, Stipe would level change and take Ngannou down shutting down any follow ups from Ngannou.

Absolutely flawless control of the fight by Stipe.

Stipe dominated EVERY ASPECT the fight and shut that hype train down. Ngannou was and never will be on Stipe's levle

This is what happens when you hype up hypejobs like Ngannou

Its obvious, you dont understand fighting.

Stipe had Ngannou rocked multiple times. I'm going to start making gifs now

Ngannou landed 2 shots the whole fight. And then instantly after landing the rare shot on Stipe, Stipe would level change and take Ngannou down shutting down any follow ups from Ngannou.

Absolutely flawless control of the fight by Stipe.

Stipe dominated EVERY ASPECT the fight and shut that hype train down. Ngannou was and never will be on Stipe's levle

This is what happens when you hype up hypejobs like Ngannou

Ohh you're going to start posting gifs that will surely shut my mouth. Stipe never rocked Ngannou and Ngannou very slightly outstruck Stipe in the first round where most of the striking took place and he landed the harder punches. Again, look at their faces at the end of the match and then try and tell me Ngannou was ever in serious danger during that fight.

Back