Do you think James Gunn is a pedo?

Is he a pedo?

• Total voters
The elite circles in Hollywood as well as Washington are awash in pedophiles. Maybe Gunn is or isn't but I would lean to the side of yes.
Based on what actual evidence? And Alex Jones bullshit doesn't count. I wonder how you would feel if people "leaned" towards thinking that about you based on what you did for a living and where you lived. Not really fair, is it? ;)

Yeah I'm not a fan of this new sjw culture, but Gunn was saying some really wild shit and none of it is funny. They don't even read like jokes, they read like a guy being genuinely enthusiastic about pedophilia. Kind of hard to feel bad for the guy.

As a father of three I'm appalled anyone would find that funny. I understand working blue, I understand comedy sometimes make people uncomfortable but jokes about pedophilia are really really not funny considering there is a worldwide problem with child sex slavery.

Based on what actual evidence? And Alex Jones bullshit doesn't count. I wonder how you would feel if people "leaned" towards thinking that about you based on what you did for a living and where you lived. Not really fair, is it? ;)

Ummm, huge mountains of evidence.

As a father of three I'm appalled anyone would find that funny. I understand working blue, I understand comedy sometimes make people uncomfortable but jokes about pedophilia are really really not funny considering there is a worldwide problem with child sex slavery.

Well, present-day James Gunn states that he completely agrees with you.

Well, present-day James Gunn states that he completely agrees with you.

I would imagine so considering what the environment has been like the last couple years. I don't care if he's fired or not, that's up to his employer but he's apparently going to learn the hard way that pedophilia jokes aren't very funny.

I would imagine so considering what the environment has been like the last couple years. I don't care if he's fired or not, that's up to his employer but he's apparently going to learn the hard way that pedophilia jokes aren't very funny.

And no, I don’t think this guy is a pedo, just a horribly unfunny ‘joke’ teller.

Which is arguably worse

I'd rather play dick tetris with a pack of cannibals than get into a legit argument in Mayberry about Ben Shapiro.

Be honest though.

Yer always just looking for any ol’ excuse to play cannibal dick tetris.

<[analyzed}>

Yes, many fairweather Germans who inhabited those lands in...fair weather. One of the worst atrocities in the history of man happened to many different groups of people, who had realistically had become protected classes, and wanted to remain safe in their home countries. It's horrible that thousands died in post-war Europe, but the fact of the matter is that's war. People die, and it's never right. I wish people felt as badly for the dead Israelis as they do for the Palestinians but we work in this David vs Goliath world where we root for David and ignore that he's a killer too.
I'm generally pro-Israel, but the bottomline is that they rarely are killed. One Israeli soldier was killed today in Gaza. The first since 2014. Hundreds of Palestinians will probably be killed in the subsequent attacks. Whether you agree or disagree with that, it is what it is.

How is rampant speculation and assumptions about vast swaths of people based on what they do for a living and where they live any better? I would actually argue that it's worse. A joke is a joke. I can take a joke. If someone wants to make a joke about me being a pedophile that's okay. But if someone actually assumes I'm a pedophile for no good reason, that would bother me. It's a potentially dangerous assumption.

Video is 9 minutes long so my answer is don’t care.

Goddamn, I thought it was just a few tweets.

This dude might have some legit issues. Those are some odd topics to be obsessed with posting about. I know he's from the school of Troma, and they relish in shock value, but damn. I don't know if he was being edgy, or if he's a legit criminal sex fiend who wants to be caught.

How is rampant speculation and assumptions about vast swaths of people based on what they do for a living and where they live any better? I would actually argue that it's worse. A joke is a joke. I can take a joke. If someone wants to make a joke about me being a pedophile that's okay. But if someone actually assumes I'm a pedophile for no good reason, that would bother me. It's a potentially dangerous assumption.

I don't think characterizing this situation as "someone assumed" he was a pedo is a good characterization. It didn't just come out of nowhere. He made dozens of pedo jokes, dozens. That looks like an obsession. Whether he is or he isn't, he put himself in a bad spot. I don't see you cracking pedo jokes, you don't see me doing it. Want to know why? Normal people don't joke about that shit. Even if you cracked a pedo joke, which I can't see you doing, you wouldn't do it 100 times.

Fuck SAKES

This better not be true.

At least let him work on guardians 3 in jail

In very poor taste.

On topic:

He was fired for stupidity, can't say stuff like that over and over.. you are a grown man, alcohol, drugs, entourage, money, fame etc whatever stuff happens in Hollywood doesn't excuse sheer stupidity.

I can't say if he is one or not just from some really stupid 'joke' tweets. But I'm 100% he is stupid, even if you did mess up with a joke why not delete it asap ? why do so many mistakes why leave them up for so much time if you knew you did wrong, the moment you got hired to do a giant movie "hey how about I deleted my retarded jokes about sensitive subjects that I put out in public".

Who knows what happens in the depravity of Hollywood, Gunn maybe uses that type of bad humor while drunk / on drugs with his groups of friends late on night in private.. even then it's fucked up, no one even talked to him about it.. but to say in public the heck is wrong with him. This all situation is it's very disappointing.

I really enjoyed his work and was looking forward to future projects, he didn't get to finish his trilogy, to bad I really liked his first 2 volumes.

Got to pay for hard stupidity no matter how you slice it. And I really hope it was just that stupidity and nothing more.
Very poor taste, wtf was that comment? Wow!

When i first heard about the allegations, i was like meh. But upon reading all the tweets, he does seem to be a sick fuck.

There's no evidence to prove he's a pedo, but if you repeatedly tell pedo jokes then I think it's your fault if people suspect you for one. There are too many topics to joke about actually. I mean, if I had a close friend who keeps repeating pedo jokes I'd maybe ask him to just admit it. :rolleyes:

Back