Do you think brad Pitt is a good actor?

I don't think he is no, not even really a solidly good one. I mean he's better than like Paul Walker (for guys known for looks), but is he on par w/ Ryan Gosling? I wouldn't say so

seriously, what's his actual best acting job? I'd argue Legends of the Fall, although I haven't seen Benjamin Button so fairly I can't speak on that
He's definitely on par with Gosling, you racist.

...ever seen Meet Joe Black?
I really hope he was directed that way. One of those choices either the actor or director -- someone should've put the kibosh on that.

He's got a limited range, heavy on the smarmy.

He's definitely on par with Gosling, you racist.
have you seen Gosling perform the Jodeci song Cry For You w/ JC and Timberlake on Mickey Mouse Club?

i'd link it, but can't YT at work. A) can't believe they allowed that on the Disney Channel, and B) he easily hung singing wise w/ the later future lead singers of Nsync. He did, however, just completely give up dancing about half way through the song haha

I mean he came a long way from 'white guy that keeps getting burnt b/c he's too slow' in Remember the Titans. Oddly enough he was also the only actor in that movie that even remotely looked like a HS person

If you thought he never rose above the level of decent then I don't know what to tell you.

Brokeback Mountain.......The Dark Knight.......can't really think of anything else....if you think either of those roles were exceptional I don't know what to tell you.

Decent, maybe even good, in both, but his performance in TDK has been blown all out of proportion because he died soon after.

Ledger gets a lot of love for joker, but he didn’t have the range Pitt did over an entire career, maybe he would have had it been a longer run though.

I mean ledger had that teen angst movie, a knights tale , a gay cowboy and joker.

No not the same range. Pitt would have sucked trying to do a Joker. It would have been a shitter version than Leto's attempt especially if he tried to pull it off from scratch.

Yeah, i think he's good. He's enjoyable to watch. Snatch, Fight Club, True Romance, etc. Sure, he'll never be DeNiro or Gary Oldman, but how many people will? He can play different roles, but excels at what he's good at.

Like Michael Scott's breath: good, not great. Where he is great is in his stage presence and gravitas. He's got it.

how about this, we compare two solid/good/great actors in a movie, and argue who outacted who....

I'll start w/ a blasphemous one, I honestly feel Postlethwaite or whatever acted better than DDL in In the Name of the Father

Jason Isaacs CLEARLY outacted both Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger in The Patriot IMO (and it's not even remotely close)

I'd argue Bettany in Master and Commander over Crowe (as well as everyone else in Knights Tale), but i'd perhaps take Crowe over Leo in Body of Lies.

Brokeback Mountain.......The Dark Knight.......can't really think of anything else....if you think either of those roles were exceptional I don't know what to tell you.

Decent, maybe even good, in both, but his performance in TDK has been blown all out of proportion because he died soon after.

Well you're wrong and I hate you.

leo-crying-752x501.png

health-ledger-brokeback.jpg

Just one more fass who couldn't handle his drugs.

Heath-Ledger-Grave-shutterstock_565525873-1024x683.jpg

how about this, we compare two solid/good/great actors in a movie, and argue who outacted who....

I'll start w/ a blasphemous one, I honestly feel or whatever acted better than DDL in In the Name of the Father

Jason Isaacs CLEARLY outacted both Mel Gibson and Heath Ledger in The Patriot IMO (and it's not even remotely close)

I'd argue Bettany in Master and Commander over Crowe (as well as everyone else in Knights Tale), but i'd perhaps take Crowe over Leo in Body of Lies.

Postlethwaite was an amazinly good actor......Spielberg said he was the best actor in the world, and that was before he died.

Begs the question who scores 9/10+ for both acting ability and looks?

DDL? Brando? Pacino? Denzel?
Brando and Washington are definitely beloved for their looks and acting, but I think DDL and Pacino fall into just the latter even though Pacino was able to put more asses in seats than DDL. For me, actresses are more easily named, such as Cate Blanchett and Kate Winslet and even Eva Green and Marion Cotillard I feel are much, much more than pretty faces.

I'd say Fassbender is making great strides. Gyllenhaal and Gosling are still kind of niche-y in their role choice but they're always magnetic. Idris Elba is working hard against typecasting, but for some reason audiences aren't following like I feel they should. He doesn't have much range but he's got loads of realness to him.

whoever just said Fassbender, that's a good call

that dude is consistently legit in his roles, even if you say didn't like the latter two Alien movies

No.

He's had his moments, but he is pretty terrible for the most part.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back