Do you think brad Pitt is a good actor?

Never mention acting range without mentioning James Mcavoy(not saying others arent good lol). If you havent seen Split.... watch it.

I remember seeing him in Children of Dune.

I had no idea who he was (apart from his tiny role in Band of Brothers) but it was obvious he was hugely talented.

Last edited:
whats with the fucking infatuation with Brad Pitt and "best looking actor" type threads weekly on here?

He's reliable but wouldn't say he is extremely versatile. A very quality actor though no doubt...I have names like Gosling or Gyllenhaal ahead of him.

Range is also a funny thing too
you can have like amazing range, but some poor roles and people will consider you a bad actor. Take Jamie Foxx.....started off on In Living Color and is really a stand up comedian and comedic actor originally. His role in Collateral is nothing like that, his dorky Electro (even if you hated it) is nothing like that, Miami Vice he played a smooth suave guy, Ray was a straight up phenomenal job of acting as was his Siderole in Ali as the drug addict. Then still does comedic roles like in Horrible Bosses.

whereas Keannu Reeves has like zero range, and i'd imagine many people would say he's a better actor b/c they like Speed and John Wick?

I think a case can be made for Paul Rudd being extremely good at what he does, but also having like negative range.

Keanu does what he does. He has never claimed to be a great actor, but imo he does a good Keanu. Feel the same about Cage. Though Cage just chooses strange roles. He was great in lord of war.

He’s great
Some terrible choices laced in there though

Keanu does what he does. He has never claimed to be a great actor, but imo he does a good Keanu. Feel the same about Cage. Though Cage just chooses strange roles. He was great in lord of war.
Keanu, in general, is just in dope movies. Even his atrociousness in BS Dracula didn't take away from Hopkins and oldmans performances.
Hardball is the saddest movie I've ever seen, no lie. Speed is arguably a top 5 action movie ever, John Wicks and 1st matrix are badass. Both bill and Ted's are still hilarious. Johnny F'n Utah, I mean c'mon. Etc etc

IMO he's just a legit cool chill dude IRL that it comes through, even if his emotional range acting isn't great

Keanu, in general, is just in dope movies. Even his atrociousness in BS Dracula didn't take away from Hopkins and oldmans performances.
Hardball is the saddest movie I've ever seen, no lie. Speed is arguably a top 5 action movie ever, John Wicks and 1st matrix are badass. Both bill and Ted's are still hilarious. Johnny F'n Utah, I mean c'mon. Etc etc

IMO he's just a legit cool chill dude IRL that it comes through, even if his emotional range acting isn't great

Yeah I agree. He's a likeable guy.

Ledger gets a lot of love for joker, but he didn’t have the range Pitt did over an entire career, maybe he would have had it been a longer run though.

I mean ledger had that teen angst movie, a knights tale , a gay cowboy and joker.
A wide range of roles doesn't make you good at acting unless you nail those roles. Brad is great at crazy, like 12 monkeys and fight club.., other times he is wooden in his delivery and takes me out of the movie. Still love the guy..

Nobody has said anything about Inglorious Basterds.

I personally didn't think his accent was believable. Unless it was purposely cartoonish.

Hes like a bipolar actor. Sometimes he can be brilliant.

Other times he can be absolute dog shit Like in Interview with the vampire or Troy. Those were some Sci Fi channel level performances.

I personally didn't think his accent was believable. Unless it was purposely cartoonish.

I don't know if others echo this, but I think Aldo and the Basterds are just about the least interesting part of Inglorious Basterds. Still, I liked Pitt in it. It was certainly meant to be cartoonish in my opinion, but he hit all the right notes with that performance for what he was being asked of, in my opinion. It was just that the stuff with Waltz, Fassbender, Diehl, Laurent, Bruhl, etc was the more compelling material.

Two best scenes in Inglorious Basterds are the phenomenal acting between Waltz and Menochet at the beginning and the basement bar scene which is just textbook awesome tension building.

Pitt does well though.

Overall, to answer the main question of this thread, I think he's definitely quite good. But he's not one of those few actors who even when the film is trash, he vindicates himself very well. I think Fassbender generally falls into that category. I thought The Counselor was trash (another Pitt/Fassbender collaboration) but Fassbender really delivered in the latter stages of it (in the earlygoing, I thought both he and Cruz were wooden). X-Men Apocalypse was the worst of the franchise perhaps but Fassbender was great in it.

Pitt has turned in a few mediocre or uninteresting performances, but I think, for the most part, his work speaks for itself. He killed it in Fight Club. He was very strong in 12 Monkeys. I liked his performances in Seven (as easy as it is for people to imitate, "What's in the box???!"), A River Runs Through It, Seven Years in Tibet. And in small roles, he contributes quite a lot as well- True Romance, 12 Years a Slave, etc.

He ruined Inglorious Basterds, imo.

He's frickin great

This movie was what convinced me he was good. Then, of course, he was great in Snatch, Seven and Fight Club amongst others. The guy is legit as far as I'm concerned.

Edit: as someone said he was terrible in Troy. Like Canadian made for TV movie terrible.

I remember seeing him in Children of Dune.

I had no idea who he was (apart from his tiny role in Band of Brothers) but it was obvious he was hugely talented.

IMO it was robbery he wasnt even nominated for Split... That was some of the best acting ive seen in a long time.... Luckily Mr.Glass is coming(the 3rd movie. Also Unbreakable, yes from 2000, is the first movie for those reading who dont know) So having Bruce Willis and Sam L Jackson will surely get more people to watch and get the dude some nominations.

glass movie.jpg

Back