Do you think any version of Melendez could have implemented Diaz's strategy against McGregor?

You're dumb, look at the list of fighters Melendez has fought literally all killers especially in strike force, war with Josh thompson (who kod Diaz) Gilbert has NEVER been kod or tkod ever..

Too many kids have short term memory a prime strike force Melendez is a hell of a boxer and is a terrible fight for Conor due similar reasons Nate was tougness and cardio add in wrestling

It's not so much short term memory as most of them only started watching mma after 2014

You either need an iron chin or the ability to take him down immediately and keep him there to beat Conor.
That's it.
It's not his mind games.
It's that he's so good at what he does that it doesn't matter if his opponents know what he's gonna do, he still does it.
No one has been able to enter into his reach without getting tagged, no one.
His distance control,timing and precision shots shock his opponents and you can see it on their faces.

All ego must be discarded and immediately diving for a TD is the way to go.

Mendes did it rather easily before getting gassed.

Conor is not this great mystery puzzle to solve watch for his countering and drag him past two rds and lean your body on him if you get the chance. Conor as looked real good against favorable match-ups when out of his comfort zone he looks rather average in my eyez...
That's because you have the eyes of a bitter bum
Is normal

Mendes did it rather easily before getting gassed.

But that's just it. He didn't do it.
This isn't horseshoes.
He gassed trying because he was taking strikes to the head and teeps to the body. You have to take him down without getting tagged and keep him there. Or tire him out from smashing your iron chin for 2.5 rounds.
That's it.

That's why Nate was such a tough matchup for Conor.

No, Melendez is too small. He would've been KO in the first or 2nd. Diaz was the bigger guy so he was able to absorb those shots. Look at Diaz's face afterwards. You think Melendez can survive that?

gettyimages-592625630jpg.jpg

5d47ae5157b9bd1394647d578d022aa6.jpg

damn

Spot on PB. The blue print is there to beat him, boggles my mind how Eddie couldn't stick to the game plan.

McGregor is a 2 round fighter, after 2 rounds he quickly loses a good portion of his speed and explosiveness.

I have no idea what Eddie was doing the one effective thing he did in the fight was kick Conor's leg out from under him and never did it again? Opting to over extend & over reach his punches and get easily fed by Conor.

In Conor's loss to Mayweather he kept saying how composed Floyd was, he admires Floyd composure because he knows he's not a composed fighter he wants to get in and get out before he adrenaline dumps and is forced to actually to think through a fight.

Those Diaz boys can take a beating like no other

Top 3 best weapon in their arsenal....

But that's just it. He didn't do it.
This isn't horseshoes.
He gassed trying because he was taking strikes to the head and teeps to the body. You have to take him down without getting tagged and keep him there. Or tire him out from smashing your iron chin for 2.5 rounds.
That's it.

That's why Nate was such a tough matchup for Conor.
lol disagree. Him gassing was more of a product of no camp and cutting weight.

You just bought into the UFC narrative of those teeps gassing Mendes out

lol disagree. Him gassing was more of a product of no camp and cutting weight.

You just bought into the UFC narrative of those teeps gassing Mendes out

Nah I actually saw them happen and getting kicked in the stomach will take your wind.
No UFC hype at all. Just reality.
And let's not forget that Chad was juiced up. Or are we pretending he was all natty for that fight ?
Mendes was having a hard time getting close without getting kicked or punched, that's all.
My point still stands.
You have to keep him down from the bell or have an iron chin,great gas tank to beat him.
Chad didn't fit either of those categories so he lost

Nah I actually saw them happen and getting kicked in the stomach will take your wind.
No UFC hype at all. Just reality.
And let's not forget that Chad was juiced up. Or are we pretending he was all natty for that fight ?
Mendes was having a hard time getting close without getting kicked or punched, that's all.
My point still stands.
You have to keep him down from the bell or have an iron chin,great gas tank to beat him.
Chad didn't fit either of those categories so he lost

Doubtful he was on gear at that time. Mendes was out deer hunting when he got the call.

I'm going to disagree with you, but you'e obviously entitled to your opinion

Prime Melendez takes Conor down and makes Conor tap to GNP.

Prime Melendez takes Conor down and makes Conor tap to GNP.
Really? I very much doubt that Melendez makes it out of the first round. Conor has been whooping that style for a long time, a stocky wrestler with an overhand

Half the reason Conor gassed so bad against Nate was trying to explode past Nate's reach to land his shots. Not an issue against Gil. Also Nate's hands are better than Gil's and I don't really see him being able to hurt Conor like Nate did in both fights.

I don't see it. There are fighters who could beat Conor using that strategy (survive the early storm, make him work, kill him when he tires) but I don't think Gil is one of them

Really? I very much doubt that Melendez makes it out of the first round. Conor has been whooping that style for a long time, a stocky wrestler with an overhand

I was exaggerating, but I would pick prime Melendez over Conor with confidence.

No, Melendez is too small. He would've been KO in the first or 2nd. Diaz was the bigger guy so he was able to absorb those shots. Look at Diaz's face afterwards. You think Melendez can survive that?

gettyimages-592625630jpg.jpg

5d47ae5157b9bd1394647d578d022aa6.jpg
diaz made a lot of money but he certainly paid in blood both times.

Melendez isn't "stocky" in comparison to conor he's just as long, 73.5 inch wingspan @ 5"9.
Melendez best punch is actually his jab he throws his lead hand allot, check hooks jabs ect stuff that works against Conor's pawing style, he's not a wrestlers with a overhand, he beat Eddie Alvarez on the feet quite easily, Eddie just was able to hold him against the cage and take him down.
Prime Melendez could do the same thing Nate did but better

Implemented Nate's strategy of being a punching bag until Conor got tired
Not likely.

Back