Do you remember/miss Unsolved Mysteries?

Since I bought my new tv and been watching Um on Amazon Prime, its creepy as ever.

I keep meaning to re-up my Prime subscription just for UM but I just haven't done it yet. I will soon, though.

I love the show, that music creeped me the hell out as a kid, still is creepy. As a kid I was a skeptical believer in that I tried to stay rational, but was deathly afraid of things that were improbable. I'd tell myself and others there was no such thing as ghosts and such just to try to make myself believe it because of fear.
Have some of the dvd box sets, have no clue if they are out of print or not.
Not many people could pull off what Robert Stack did as a host.

I love the show, that music creeped me the hell out as a kid, still is creepy. As a kid I was a skeptical believer in that I tried to stay rational, but was deathly afraid of things that were improbable. I'd tell myself and others there was no such thing as ghosts and such just to try to make myself believe it because of fear.
Have some of the dvd box sets, have no clue if they are out of print or not.
Not many people could pull off what Robert Stack did as a host.

The DVDs are indeed out of print.

You can find the whole show on Amazon Prime now though.

Crazy how so many of these cases have been solved already by the DNA database when booking criminals in jail.

There was that one about the teenage girl driving from Colorado to Wyoming to see her boyfriend and she went missing. Her CRX had the license plate "Lil Miss". Thousands of eyewitnesses spotted her driving it after she was presumed dead. They ranged from it being her by herself to her with another guy in the passenger seat. For months people kept calling in saying they spotted her.

UPDATE!

Turns out she picked up a hitchhiker that made passes at her. When she refused, he kidnapped her, killed her and then buried her car in his backyard. They matched his DNA when he was jailed on weapons charges years later.

There was also another one where this 16 year old girl went missing and you could see a girl that looked exactly like her in the New Kids on the Block video where shes sitting up on someones shoulders in the crowd. I'm talking dead ringer, no way it's not her. An old lady even said she had an entire conversation with her and she told her her name and everything. Well it turns out some POS kidnapped her and held her at his place for about a week before killing her. He got caught years later with the same DNA database.

Occam's Razor is definitely in effect for most of these mysterious disappearances. Usually it's just some random sick fuck that rapes and kills them and then disposes of their body. Eye witness accounts are wildly inaccurate.

Crazy how so many of these cases have been solved already by the DNA database when booking criminals in jail.

There was that one about the teenage girl driving from Colorado to Wyoming to see her boyfriend and she went missing. Her CRX had the license plate "Lil Miss". Thousands of eyewitnesses spotted her driving it after she was presumed dead. They ranged from it being her by herself to her with another guy in the passenger seat. For months people kept calling in saying they spotted her.

UPDATE!

Turns out she picked up a hitchhiker that made passes at her. When she refused, he kidnapped her, killed her and then buried her car in his backyard. They matched his DNA when he was jailed on weapons charges years later.

There was also another one where this 16 year old girl went missing and you could see a girl that looked exactly like her in the New Kids on the Block video where shes sitting up on someones shoulders in the crowd. I'm talking dead ringer, no way it's not her. An old lady even said she had an entire conversation with her and she told her her name and everything. Well it turns out some POS kidnapped her and held her at his place for about a week before killing her. He got caught years later with the same DNA database.

Occam's Razor is definitely in effect for most of these mysterious disappearances. Usually it's just some random sick fuck that rapes and kills them and then disposes of their body. Eye witness accounts are wildly inaccurate.

Yeah I've heard that a lot of the murders have been solved.

DNA really is some crazy shit. It's made it a hell of a lot harder to be a murderer and get away with it.

I remember being a kid and there was one time they found an unidentified body and were speculating that the person may have been a swimmer because their pubic hair was shaved. hehe,,i remember being confused and asking my folks what that was all about.

Think it was someone from the future???

Yeah I've heard that a lot of the murders have been solved.

DNA really is some crazy shit. It's made it a hell of a lot harder to be a murderer and get away with it.

Just amazing. Especially for cases like the green river killer where they already had the DNA, but came up with new testing techniques, went back and retested samples, and nabbed him that way.

Just amazing. Especially for cases like the green river killer where they already had the DNA, but came up with new testing techniques, went back and retested samples, and nabbed him that way.

Yeah, it makes you wonder how many murderers who thought they were home free are now shitting their pants because they're worried they might finally get caught for something they did 30 years ago.

Yeah, it makes you wonder how many murderers who thought they were home free are now shitting their pants because they're worried they might finally get caught for something they did 30 years ago.

Yeah rapists as well. I wonder if any of those sickos who got caught the same way ever shared a cell and reminisced about the "good ol days".

Yeah rapists as well. I wonder if any of those sickos who got caught the same way ever shared a cell and reminisced about the "good ol days".

Ha, I don't know. Probably!

That really would suck to get caught after so long though, especially if it was a situation where the person genuinely regretted their actions and had built a new life and was acting as a good citizen.

Ha, I don't know. Probably!

That really would suck to get caught after so long though, especially if it was a situation where the person genuinely regretted their actions and had built a new life and was acting as a good citizen.

It seems like there must be a good movie or book out there with that premise. I can't think of anything though.

I've been watching it on Amazon, I like it a lot, the cheesiness is great and the stories are super interesting.

I've been watching it on Amazon, I like it a lot, the cheesiness is great and the stories are super interesting.

I think in some ways it's LESS cheesy than the stuff we have now.

One thing I really like about UM is that they always took a serious, documentary-style approach to these stories. With the paranormal/mystery shows today they really go out of their way to ratchet up the dramatic feel.

Ay Shadow, do you remember when Matthew mcconaughey was on UM?

Screen+Shot+2014-03-02+at+11.39.19+PM.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoyceOuthw
Back