Do you have a "background" or "comfort" movie?

I like watching Mississippi Burning for some reason.

I get up and cheer when they arrest @shadow_priest_x and @Cint at the end.

You jealous cause we got sexy girls down South. Yeehaw.

76191e0b0c7a7b4a574023b893a35ae8--rebel-flag-bikini-rebel-flags.jpg

Well, if a director distributes his time alternating between making 5.5's and 3.0's with maybe one 6 thrown in there...

Sure, he makes a slightly above average movie once in a while.

Mortal Kombat is probably an 8. Soldier a 7.5.

I'd also give AvP a 7.5. And Three Musketeers a solid 7.

They're all good examples of enjoyable B-movies. So unless you are of the opinion that B-movies have a certain rating ceiling that they can't go beyond, simply because they ARE B-movies instead of serious dramas about teenagers dying of AIDS or whatever, then I don't see why you'd give something like Mortal Kombat or Soldier a 5.5.

They're all good examples of enjoyable B-movies. So unless you are of the opinion that B-movies have a certain rating ceiling that they can't go beyond, simply because they ARE B-movies instead of serious dramas about teenagers dying of AIDS or whatever, then I don't see why you'd give something like Mortal Kombat or Soldier a 5.5.

Soldier is a 6. But it's a case of a movie that should have been great, and would have been great in the hands of a very good director. As it was, Anderson was up to some of the task - he captured a few really good scenes and moments - but the movie really lacked atmosphere, and I've never been a fan of the way he cuts movies together.

I see Soldier, and I just picture how great it could and should have been. Kurt Russell showed up to make a great action movie, and in the end they took a great concept and character and just made something passable.

Soldier is a 6. But it's a case of a movie that should have been great, and would have been great in the hands of a very good director. As it was, Anderson was up to some of the task - he captured a few really good scenes and moments - but the movie really lacked atmosphere, and I've never been a fan of the way he cuts movies together.

I see Soldier, and I just picture how great it could and should have been. Kurt Russell showed up to make a great action movie, and in the end they took a great concept and character and just made something passable.

Indeed. I would at least give Soldier a 7. In the hands of, I don't know, James Cameron maybe it could've been a 9.

But I personally think Mortal Kombat is his best film. For what it is supposed to be--a faithful adaptation of the video game--I think it succeeds about as well as any movie could.

Indeed. I would at least give Soldier a 7. In the hands of, I don't know, James Cameron maybe it could've been a 9.

But I personally think Mortal Kombat is his best film. For what it is supposed to be--a faithful adaptation of the video game--I think it succeeds about as well as any movie could.

Maybe one of these days I'll try to rewatch Mortal Kombat.

It hasn't been on your list of good PWSA movies, but I thought Death Race was...all right.

Robocop. The theme, the satire, always great even just running in the background.

Tombstone

Plus a whole bunch of stupid comedies like eurotrip, beer fest and Stan helsing

Maybe one of these days I'll try to rewatch Mortal Kombat.

It hasn't been on your list of good PWSA movies, but I thought Death Race was...all right.

Like you, I thought Death Race was "all right." THAT is a movie that I would give a six.

It's well-made on a technical level, but the story wasn't very interesting to me. I didn't list it because I didn't feel like it was one of his good films OR one of his bad films. It's just there.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
plasterby
Back